Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Praise cheesy power metal!

:iconhgwizard:
HGWizard Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
[link]

So cheesy, yet so brilliant!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscee-kel:
Scee-Kel Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Hammerfall is practically MADE of cheese. But I love it, especially Any Means Necessary. Power metal can make the cheese work. :headbang:
:iconmagmagan:
Magmagan Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I bursted into laughter as I saw this thread's title. Power metal is almost inevitably cheesy, but is nonetheless amazing every time!
HGWizard Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I've wondered if it could be amazing without the cheese.

I'm having my doubts!
:iconeddieblz:
eddieblz Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
nope.
:icondefaultking:
defaultking Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The scale of cheese from greatest to least goes something like Rhapsody of Fire -> Blind Guardian -> Kamelot.

I still love those bands, though.
All three bands rule. Blind Guardian is up there as one of my favorite bands of any genre.
Rhapsody and Kamelot got me into metal in the first place, for which I'm eternally grateful. As for Blind Guardian, I've had this video on constant repeat for the last four days: [link]

The best part for me is that even though all three rely really heavily on production and overdubbing in the studio, they sound even better live. I actually prefer Blind Guardian with the more stripped-down sound they have in that concert video.
Excellent concert! Unfortunately I've never seen them live in person.

The only one of those three I've seen is Rhapsody. Kamelot and Blind G need to come to Seattle more often!!
Watching this concert just leaves me in awe that they can sound so great without all the orchestration, plus Hansi doesn't miss r screw up a note in the whole two hours. I looked at Guardian's tour archive and hung my head in shame. I also know why they don't play too many shows in the States... After playing that mammoth concert festival in the video (which the band put on all for themselves) with like 30-40,000 screaming fans at their feet, they came to my state and settled for a little 1000-seat theater. Cool for the audience, but they really deserve huge crowds no matter where they go.

As for the other two, they both skipped my state and are now playing Europe or something... America needs more power metal.
America does need more power metal! Need to spread the word!
Add a Comment: