Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Praise being Frugal <3

:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I've recently gotten into more craft related things, I've got little budgets for christmas and its SO FUN! I've budgeted £100 for my entire family, including my Mums birthday gift ( shes born on Christmas, its annoying! ) its also her 40th, so I've budgeted £30 to find a piece of jewellery! Oh its so exciting.

There is something very satisfying about making money last longer.

So what're you doing for Christmas? Any nice neat tricks to save spending those pennies?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Usually I work on people's Christmas presents year round so I can save the most money and not spend it on all kinds of things at once. Usually I just try to use things I already have, like wood boards instead of going out and buying expensive canvases. I also made a habit of using all of my supplies until it is impossible to use them any longer; a lot of my drawing pencils are little stubs but they work fine! X3
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I am going to buy a new phone, so yeah, that is my little gift for me
:iconjaredtrombley:
JaredTrombley Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am going to purchase a probably like a Corvette for my mother, and I'll also buy her a $3,000 24K gold wrist watch, maybe one of those expensive coffee makers that does everything, and a flat screen...
Yes, that will happen.
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I'm going to hand-make gifts for my family and friends (paintings, illustrations, baked goods, etc) and buy cute, functional, and inexpensive treats. Any suggestions for those treats?
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
That sounds nice! Brownies, cookies, maybe chocolate truffles? I have a massive sweet tooth though, oh maybe turkish delight too?
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I don't know how to make truffles or turkish delights. Maybe I'll do peanut butter cookies b/c I have the ingredients for that and the recipe doesn't look hard (I'm slow and clumsy in the kitchen :p)
Google!
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
or my mom's favourite cookbook :XD:
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I bought my sister a bunch of Pokemon plushies on Ebay. I'm sure Christmas will just be us playing with our new stuff and eating. I like it that way though.
Cuuute!
Add a Comment: