Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Praise Affordable Options

:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Because let's be honest, the better and expensive stuff makes you want to keep saving and waiting until you can actually afford what you want. Sometimes I want something now that is affordable and good enough. Like in my situation, I want a gaming PC. For around the same price of a console, I can try to build myself a gaming PC that's good enough to run most modern games at medium-high settings but if I keep saving and waiting until I have more money, I can build a much more powerful gaming PC.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmorebud:
Morebud Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I refuse..
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The title tells me this is about giving praise to cheaper alternatives though, but the comment says its better to save up for expensive yet better quality stuff :confused: Maybe I just read it wrong. But I'm very much the same (that is - saving up for better stuff) Every time I have gone with a cheaper alternative to what I really wanted I have always ended up regretting it after the excitement of the initial purchase and usage has passed, since I think to myself "I still would have been happier with the other one" which is why I now just go for what I actually want, even if I have to save up for months to afford it :XD:

I'd rather save up in advance than get a loan or go on a payment plan. Those cost more money in the long run, and quite frankly - when I buy something and take it home, I want to know its 100% mine and nothing is owed on it. That would actually ruin the fun of it for me :no:
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I was thinking about my current situation when I wrote the post. I can't make up my mind!
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well I don't know much about computers (though I should, being a digital artists and all. But really I just find it easier to ask for what machine is best for my primary use for it and just get that as long as it doesn't cost as much as a car) but I would say a computer is certainly nothing you'd want to risk "cheaping out" on. Especially if you're going to be using it a lot :pc: Like I said earlier - I always regretted choosing a cheap option for anything (mainly clothes with me :XD:) all because I wanted something immediately rather than just wait a few weeks or months more to get what I truly would have liked. I'm getting better at it though, making less purchases but when I do I get what I really want, and if you are so happy with something you bought, you won't ever miss the money it cost :love:
Add a Comment: