November 16, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 84

Praise Androgyny

:iconerotome:
Erotome Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I love it!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I love it too! I think the only thing that's just a little annoying about being androgynous myself is that every time I go out in public I have to spend a lot of time making myself look like a girl. I don't really like it on myself but I love it on other people!
Erotome Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I really don't try to make myself look like anything... I think people like to make a lot of assumptions about females who don't work hard to look feminine, but I'm not into living up to other people's standards. It's different for every person. =)
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
My friend looks like a guy cross-dressing as a girl. Albeit a really femine guy. :paranoid:
Erotome Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
=D
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh yes. I have anime and Final Fantasy to thank for my taste towards androgyny. Though I still like being able to tell that I'm looking at a guy :giggle: But the square jaw and buzz-cut look certainly isn't for me :no: I like some pretty hair and eyes on my menz :horny:

After browsing my favourites collection, some of my favourite androgynous guys I've seen illustrated here would be these. Maybe you'd like them too :D

And here are some REAL guys that fit the description, yes, they exist, but they're rarer than diamonds:

Maybe we might share some similar tastes...unless you prefer girls :XD:
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Oy, it's a shame they're rare. :paranoid:
Erotome Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Oh no, we definitely see eye-to-eye here! Very nice.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Nah, no thanks
:iconfluffpuffgerbil:
fluffpuffgerbil Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Heh, it can be pretty funny sometimes. I just got a hair cut and now my hair's really short and my jacket is one I got from the guy's department, and I don't dress femininely anyway(too uncomfortable when I do!) but a lot of people have mistaken me for a boy. xD I was even called 'Sir' at church! (And then the man who did appologised and said, "Ma'am'. xD

Of course, I got a little irritated the other day(this didn't help being in a bad mood already. xD) when my friend wouldn't stop saying I looked like a boy. xD I usually don't mind and laugh with her and agree when she does, but I was grumpy. =3

But hey, being androgynous comes in handy when cosplaying!
My hair has been short for the past ten years. I can't seem to grow it out and when I try I usually get to the point where I look in the mirror and say "oh eff it" and get it all cut off.

I dress mostly like a male myself, like you I can't get comfortable in women's clothing. The shirts are too tight and the shoes are just shite. Though I've never been called a sir, I've many times been called a lesbian. Ah well, that's their problem I suppose =D
Yeah, my hair's just a lot more comfortable short. Plus I hate dealing with it, so I prefer it if I just have to comb/brush it occasionally and do nothing special to it besides shampoo and conditioner 1x a day. xD

Yeah, the shirts are too thin, too tight, too short... I like long shirts I don't need to wear a thousand things underneath. xD So guy's flannel shirts=WIN.

I hate how all the women's shoes are all HEELs. Luckily I found a cute pair of winter boots without big crazy heels at Target. So comfy <3

And I've been called sir multiple times. xD I've never been called a lesbian, though, and that actually surprises me since my best friend(Who is a girl, but has a boyfriend(((she and I are both straight)))) who is really, clingy I guess? She likes to hug my arm and lean against me all the time. xD She's crazy and fun, but likes to be creepy to people. Our school's a lot more conservative though, so I don't think any of the people there(Besides like..1 of the people in my class) would be brave enough to openly assume one of us were homo or bisexual. :shrug: I don't really care what they think though, but they really all are very nice people!
Erotome Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
The boot thing? Yeah I either search online for stuff that's not heeled, as I can't wear that shit at all, or I get men's, since they are wider and leave more room to breathe (that's all men's clothing in general compared).

You're very lucky (and I envy that) you're in an area that doesn't call you out or discriminate so harshly by what you wear and how you act. I had to deal with the lesbian tag all through high school just because I chose not to date and I hung out with only one other girl (who already had a reputation for being eccentric) And this was in a large, urban school too! Go figure. o.O
fluffpuffgerbil Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have wide feet, too, so finding shoes can be a pain. In winter, I find a pair of nice boots to wear or rewear last year's pair unless they're destroyed. xD And in summer I either wear a pair of men's tennis shoes or the sandals I refuse to throw away, therefore, ducttaping them together! xD

Yeah, it's nice. But I can tell you-- if I went to any other school, I'd have to face that discrimination I'm sure. My town's not known for good schools(They aren't... bad schools... I guess) but the school I go to is a diamond in the rough being the 2nd best school in Washington state.
:icontruesoprano:
TrueSoprano Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like my boobs too much to be androgynous
Works for some, not for others, I suppose =)
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Androgyny is awesome, I have it bad for androgynous girls [link]
It's the same for me with men! I always go for the girly faced, pretty type.
girls with little boobs and muscles are so hot, i dont think i could be with a normal girl
Like, big effin' muscle or just tone?
no just toned, short hair but not buzzed, wear a lot of pants lol
=D
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I approve
<3 I'm glad.
:iconisho13:
Isho13 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh yes :love:
Yes indeed!
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Beautiful work \(~o~)/
It's appropriate enough for this thread. :nod:

Kenshin? Oh sweet, this artist has tons of pretties in her gallery >.>
I'm just randomly posting androgynous guys and bishies. :trollface:

Ohshoot, the person in that picture looks almost like the main character in the book a friend and I are writing. xD And the main character's a 26 year old man! LOL!
Characters are bound to look the same anyway.

I only have one androgynous character in my current project. :dummy:
xD This is the first time, though, I've come across another character looking so similar.

And Willson(my character) isn't androgynous in my opinion. =) He's too tall to pass as a girl even if he wanted to. xD
(1 Reply)
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:noes:
Add a Comment: