Praise Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline surfaces

Fuck polygons, I'm switching to NURBs, so much more smoother and so much easier to create nicer polygonal model without as much bumps. Asides, polygon should be left to retopology only.
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
NURBS makes life easier for finishing touches, sadly the extra thousands of polys made from a NURBS doesn't help when it comes to game assets. :stare:
That's when retopology software can help you out when you convert nurbs to high polygon models. ;)
Good thinking. :thumbsup:
Don't nurbs get converted to polygons for the final render anyway? :P
What you should really be doing is learning how to use Mudbox
The last time I made something proper in blender the whole model was done with nurbs things, I gave up when I found UV mapping a sod with blender's still awful interface though I can texture basic things at least
UV mapping on nurbs? I haven't done that, but I can assure myself that it'll be more confusing than with polygons at first sight. I only use nurbs for design works like cars. Cars are just so smooth that polygons won't do it even if it looks good. When you take a picture of a polygonal cars and then play with brightness/contrast, you'll see how much justice polygons do compared with nurbs.
I only UV mapped a cube and that was only when I finally learned how to UV map things, doing the same on nurbs is beyond my skill. I'm not a serious 3D modeller, I got blender because I wanted to try 3D but the interface confused me a great deal.