So whats up with abortion?

I dont want to get the ball rolling just yet... but hey lemme hear what ya'll got to say!
Comments238
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
making abortion legal is like saying that you can have sex all you want, especially teens, and get away with being pregnent and dealing with children.
Hyperbole at it's finest.
that may be how you might use abortion... but there are others in much worse condition than those teens being pregnant (as a big of problem that already is...) as i have said before i am all for the advocacy of being responsible, but i know that it would be stupid of me to say that there arent others in this world that think/act differently than i do. Unfortunately many of them arent as responsible as we may like to think... which is why we cant forget about them... thus the biggest need for keeping abortion legal.
ive never had one!! but i think itll cut down on that stuff cuz there would be no way for them to try to get out of it.
? how is there no way for them to get out?
teens having sex and getting pregnant because of it. it happened to my cousin, but she couldnt afford the abortion and she regrets everything, she's still in school too.
well she could have had the child, and given it up for adoption... there are plenty of other choices rather than just abortion, hence why it exists as an option to use. in addition all the more reason to teach teenagers of safe sex, and talking about what would happen if they were to get pregnant. I think that this problem (with teenagers) comes from the way in which sex is marketed/taught to teens; b/c if were to ask a teen why they have sex you will get a very vague answer. the cure in this is not to point fingers at anyone... it is to accurately teach them what sex is all about, in addition to inside the home education. i think it is merely a lack of knowledge/irresponsibility: "if you arent responsible enough to endure the consequences of having sex, then you arent ready to have sex."
the thing was she didnt want to have it in the first place because of how she would feel if she had the baby and gave it up.
View all replies
I personally don't like abortion. I understand why girls want it and I understand there are cases that it may have to happen to save the mother's life if the baby's life is as good as gone. But there are girls, (some of which I know) that use abortion like birth control. One girl in my school has had five already. Personally, I don't think you should be able to do that, but on the other hand, there are girls that can and will use a coathanger for an abortion if they don't want that baby, and I would rather have them in a hospital to have a proper abortion then them trying it by themselves. Of course you can get the embryo frozen if you don't want an abortion and a woman can actually adopt those cells and have the child herself. I heard somewhere that if the girl lives at home that the parents should get a say in if the girl has the baby or not and, really I don't think that's fair. I girl once had an abortion because her father forced her to have one, she was going to give the baby up for adoption.
and you know what... i think that the majority agree with you on those points you just made. yes whatever you may believe: the destruction of a human life or the destruction of a chance of human life, no one would want to make either of these choices. however as you accurately pointed out, there wil always be exceptions to the rule, and if those girls dont get it now, that they must be responsible for their actions ( at least with pregnancy) they will inevitably get something much worse than an abortion: they might get an STD. abortion as birth control cant protect you from that...

hopefully they will quickly learn, better the better way than the hard way; but whichever the outcome they will get what's coming to them
once the sperm fertalizes the egg..its a human in my book. and yeah its still a embryo..but a human none the less.
i say put the kid up for adoption if you dont want it...your responsible for your own actions
arent there other characteristics that constitute life? one such characteristic that must exist is that the "child" must exhibit maintaining homeostasis, which is in other words where it can thrive and survive with no direct outside infulence. an embryo at least in scientific and legal terms does not exhibit homeostasis.

I would like to say that you are welcome to have your own beliefs, and this is merely a discussion, and you can leave at anytime.

but i agree with SLOShooter... are you planning on adopting the conclomeration of cells?
haha most definatly not.
but when the egg is fertalized...its on its way to becoming a human, why not give it a chance at life? why punish the child for the mistake of the parent? why cant we just be responsible for own actions?
ill make this analogy: when you plant a seed...it has the potential of becoming a tree, such as a fertalized egg has the potential of becoming a human.
now then....if you crush the plant when its healthy and growing into a tree...wouldnt that be the same as killing the tree in a round about way?
i agree that we should be responsible for our actions... but to assume that everyone in this country is "responsible" is just plain ludicris. I mean there are some parents that cant even take care of the children they have let alone bring a new one into the mix, there are some that can overcome this obstacle; but needless to day that there will ALWAYS be exceptions to the rule. To deny the exceptions to the rule, is only diminishing the brevity of the problem. and i think that the term of "punishment" is only implying that "something on the way to becoming human" is already human... which is obvioiusly not the case. but in terms of your analogy and with my not everyone is at the same responsibility i give you a similar analogy: if lived in a desert (of irresponsibility) and tried to plant an oak tree, and didnt plan on watering it (further possible neglect) that plant is pretty much doomed for the time it has left in that soil. likewise, by beng ABLE to terminate a pregnancy one is saving/advoiding the neglect of an unwanted child.
exactly! thats why i think if you dont want a kid..and choose to have sex anyway, then put the poor thing up for adoption!
why eff its life up for your irresponsibility!?
Using adoption as a quick-fix is no less irresponsible by your definition. We have a hugely taxed adoption system overflowing with unwanted children. You don't think being in foster families until they're nearly in their teens doesn't eff up its life? It's a moot point because no-one can say how that child's life is going to be. To declare it a would-be Hitler or a would-be Mother Theresa is equally illogical.

And, on the other hand, not all would-be parents who opt for abortion are irresponsible. There is nothing wrong with having sex in moderation, celibacy is not the answer (both that it's unecessary and in that it doesn't work as a mandate). To be responsible would be to use multiple contraceptives. But no contraceptive is 100%, accidents still happen. And they're just that, accidents.
so your saying death is better? or are you saying that being brought up by irresponsible parents is better then being in foster homes?
i dont know which is worse...your logic or your argument.
and about your rant on how sex is ok outside of marriage....do you think its responsible to have sex outside of marriage? do you think its responsible to have STDs? do you think its responsible to screw up your life, your mates life, and possibly have a child then screw its life up too?
the answer to all of those is NO. the most responsible thing to do is to get married BEFORE you have sex.
View all replies
If your going to madate that the mother, follow YOUR wishes, than YOU must be responsible for the outcome.

If you let HER follow HER wishes, she is the one who must be responsible for the outcome.
You going to adopt he or she?
To give birth to a new life .. make two people parents for the rest of there lives .. based on nothing but your inability to face killing the building blocks of a child within the first 10 weeks .. is cowardly & careless .. IMo .. a child deserves the respect to be born when the parents are ready to love it wholeheartedly .. how can you justify any other foundation for a new life ? Its not a car or washing machine you can replace or throw away after you don’t want it .. its a new person ..a new life for all involved .. not to be entered into lightly ..
but, did you not just say the "building blocks of a child". with this logic a brick is supposed to equal a house??? and i agree that bringing a child into this world deserves parents that are ready and willing to care and love it. but by taking your "cowardly way out" is doing a bad, to do a greater good. as you and i have both pointed out, why should we bring a child into the world that is not wanted??? a solution... is to stop it before it even gets here.
I am pro-life through and through. Scientifically, the fetus is alive and genetically unique, making him or her a person, not an extention of the mother's body. Abortion can have devastating effects on women AND on men who are involved, even if it is 20 years down the road. Finally, abortions are sold to girls like used cars. It's a moneymaker without any regard for the people who are having the abortion.
well first before i get a chance to respond to your opinion, i just want to make sure that i do not mean in any instance to make fun or diminish your beliefs. i only would like to challenge them and have an educational conversation.

well now that i've got that out of the way, i first would like to ask you a question: what makes something alive? but as for the damaging effects that can happen in response to an abortion, i agree with you on all levels!! however, in some instances i believe that good outweigh the bad in terms of abortions, but we can get to that later... but as for "selling" abortions to girls, i dont think at least that abortion is a marketing technique at all. only that it is recommended as a last resort, and even then places like planned parenthood would give free abortions based upon individual circumstances and/or a payment plan that is appropriate for the individual.

I look foward to your response! :)