It's arrogant for middle class right-wingers to defend cops

I'm gonna make comments about a community I've never lived in, people I've never met, and police I've never had any contact with. 
I'm a spoiled brat from a upper income family in North fucking Dakota...
But here I am to make a statement about police and citizens from LA to Atlanta

I'm gonna back the LAPD constantly, though I've never lived in LA, and if I did, it was the rich parts of LA. 
I'm gonna tell people from Chicago who think cops are pigs, that their cops, whom I've never met or seen before, aren't pigs. 

Okay, here's what disgusts me about these cop-defenders... Your experiance and knowledge of the police is limited to where you live. 
Because the police is composed of different departments. And yea, some of them are a bunch of pigs who deserve to be shot on duty... Bottom line...
And this isn't hard to believe? What you think all the racist cops from the 60s were fired after the civil rights movement?
No
You think the previous generation of law enforcement has no impact on the next?
Well you're fucking retarded. All cops prior to the civil rights movement were pigs... bottom line. 
Good cops are a modern invention. Cops were never good before now. And you think those racist cops who grew old and got positions of authority had no influence on the generation after them?
It also digusts me how the Black Panthers were seen as evil for doing to cops what cops did for fun on a daily basis. 
People who talk shit on the Black Panthers are not only making assumptions about areas they've never lived in, but also times they've never experianced. 

What if I told someone in the Army, as a civilian, what the military is REALLY like?
What if I told a burn victim what fire is REALLY like?
What if I grew up rich and I wanted to explain what working minimum wage is REALLY like?
I'D LOOK LIKE AN ARROGANT MORON
And if some middle class white fucker wants to tell someone from the ghetto that he needs to "show some respect to the police" then he's arrogant as fuck. 

People in the ghetto have the right to call cops pigs, and you don't the right to say shit in response, unless you're from that hood. 
Otherwise, at least admit you're talking out your ass, and you don't know the situation. 

DISCLAIMER
If a cop in YOUR town is getting unfairly scrutinized, then YES, you should speak up.
If you think people aren't appreciating the cops in YOUR town, then you should defend them.
Or if someone in YOUR town thinks the police are pigs and you think they're wrong... By all means, you have the right to argue differently. 

Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oh God, more left wing morons. Clearly you are ignorant of this subject. Granted I am the type of people liberals hate (White, male, middle/upper class, and conservative).
What you seem to be missing from your arguement is the fact that the Black Panthers were an anti-cop, anti-law group that thought to get their way, they could kill cops, rob stores, and other criminal things.
    You also say in your forum post that:
     "People in the ghetto have the right to call cops pigs, and you don't the right to say shit in response, unless you're from that hood. 
Otherwise, at least admit you're talking out your ass, and you don't know the situation."
     You are saying also in the first sentence of this post that you have never met these people or never lived in their community. Clearly you are clueless about this subject because you basically
showing how much of a hypocrite you are when you say this. Also, when you mention that police officers during the 60s were pigs, well that shows your ignorance even more. If you knew anything about the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's, you would know that these racist cops were a smaller percentage of the general law enforcement officers. The racist and unjust cops were actualy prosecuted later, and on the prosecution team was often the police officers
that weren't pigs and didn't go around mistreating blacks for fun.
What you also don't hear is when cops do good nowadays. Again on the notion of the Black Panthers and cops  being racist; you only hear about it when a white cop shoots a black person attacking them, in self defense. Then
the whole brigade of the left wong and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and all these people such as Black Lives Matter come out and ay it's racist and a hate crime. But look in the ghetto and you see black-on-black crime
everywhere. But none of it ever surfaces on the news or anything. Not by any means am I a Bill Clinton fan, but I think he says this perfect when he spoke to the Black Lives Matter group: "You complain about
racial inequality, but you are killing the lives you say matter."
     Thats from a left wing nut and the only president to be impeached in American history, and if he sounds rational compared to your apparent stupidity, go fucking educate yourself.
And yes, I can say what I want about the cops in any city I so choose. Frankly, I have every right to do so. The first amendment of the Constitution says I have the right of free speech(In which you want to silence). It also defines the right to an educated opinion.(Key-word EDUCATED) Which means I can say whetever the fuck I please about the police.
     So if I say that the people who put their life on the line so you can sit on your ass all day writing shitty political forums, deserve some respect, then that is my opinion and you have no right, whatsoever 
to try and silence me or anyone else who may agree with me.
And finally, who the flying fuck are you to say that I'm arrogant just because I think that these people deserve some respect? Why don't you come back to me when you decide to educate yourself on this subject matter.
Ah, the modern "the opinion of entire groups of people doesn't matter" brand of social justice. Fuck yeah, equality!
Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies Birb intensifies 
You're white aren't you... Have you even been to a ghetto? lmao
The inner social liberal cheers, the inner political conservative flips a couple tables, and the inner grammar nazi twitches furiously.

So, here's what others and I find entertaining. The "cops" are almost identified as a completely seperate species now. Ouch. Maybe it's the masks, maybe it's the power, I dunno. We must remember that they are all humans.

We must remember that humans are the scum of this Earth, and yet, we don't choose who we get to be. There are sensitive humans, tough humans, racist humans, extremist humans, conservative humans, liberal humans, humans that beat their wives, humans that are in prison, humans who risk their lives to defend us, humans who abuse their power, humans who are ignorant at cringeworthy levels, humans who are stupid only due to limitted access to information, the list is quite literally endless if you begin to open up to literal interpretations.

The point is, cops are humans. They can be any or even all of the aforementioned traits. They can be racist. They can be everything but racist, fighting crime for the sake of stopping racism, sacrificing their reputation to be known as racists who abuse their power. I've met racist firefighters. I've met racist Tesco and Walmart workers. I've met racist homeless people. Many of us believe we have witnessed a racist presidential candidate. Call me a liar, but I've met non racist KKK members, as strange as that sounds (individuals who only feel a need for devotion or who only join because of family). Call me a liar, but I've met non racist police. The point is, one can't demonize the cops for being racist or abusing power without accusing everyone. Hell, maybe that is the philosophy that should be focused on. Either everyone is corrupt or no one is.

However, a realization must dawn upon us at one point or another. What are we going to do once we win against the cops? No more cops? That's our last resort for when we regulate guns. If there's no cops, there needs to be self armament (and a recession to a wild society only evident today in Somalia and other third world countries). If there's no self armament, there needs to be oh so racist and overpowered cops. Pick your poison.
I think the cops are just fine. Maybe it's because my dad was a firefighter and worked closely with the cops. and I have yet to have seen any of them or hear about any of them do anything bad.

Yes, there are some cops who do have racist motives. But a majority does not.

And before you whine to me how wrong I am, let me remind you I'm allowed to have my own beliefs and ideas, and if you're really as open minded as you claim, you'll leave me the fuck alone.
I'm no right winger.
I live in Los Angeles.
I have fairly strong anti-Government ideals and beliefs.
I came to the US when the riots broke out in this city, causing massive damage to numerous communities and permanently severing ties between African Americans and Asians. 
I've seen the LAPD do a lot of shitty things. I've seen the neighborhoods that are dealt a lot of these shitty things, like Watts, Compton, East LA, do far far FAR worse to themselves and the rest of the city.
I've also seen the LAPD do even more good things, and make major progress in how they handle things.

I'm pretty damn supportive of the LAPD.
Okay, well if you've lived there then I can take your word for it. 
Just to add, though, despite the cops being racist in the 60s, it was policies of racism that they enforced. Policies that are no longer present today. I have no doubt that there are racist cops out there, but whatever personal racist ideas they have, they abide by the policies set out by the LAPD protocols. And yes, whenever a cop does break those protocols, there is a big hullabaloo about it here in LA.

People rag on the Black Panthers because the ideology the Black Panther party kept pushing out was counter-intuitive, was in of itself highly racist, and the party itself destroyed itself through internal corruption and backstabbing. 

Interestingly, you accuse conservative white people of being arrogant morons because they hold positive views of law enforcement, although they've never lived it. Yet here you are, not just doing the same,  but actually speaking about things you have probably little understanding of, with the arrogance of certainty. Do you not at all see the hypocrisy?
Yeah by implying dem right wingurz don't know the community they're talking about, you've admitted there is a problem with said community. I don't think anyone is arguing that cops are perfect, but you shouldn't imply that there's a huge criminality problem in certain communities.
 People who talk shit on the Black Panthers are not only making assumptions about areas they've never lived in, but also times they've never experianced.

:iconwonka-plz:You mean like what you are doing right now?
Yea, I am...

But I'm not using it to discredit people who fought back against a system that had done the same to them. 
I'm not saying all the black panthers were good. 
But all the soldiers in the Union Army weren't good, all of the people who sparked the American revolution weren't good. 
The point is that the violence the Black Panthers used was in response to daily violence that was put onto black communities. 

And if I'm wrong, then I'm discreditting a racist government for not being "as racist"
And if you're wrong, you're discrediting people who fought against a racist and curropt government?
Which is worse?

You think most cops in the 60s were good people? That's a joke
So you think using hypocrisy is a way to discredit others?

You are just a treat. 
I support the idea that a lot of police officers aren't well trained enough or may be compromised by non-good motives.
It's really unavoidable. 

Good cops are not something America has had since it's founding. We're just now getting good cops. It's only natural that the previous generation of law enforcement would have an impact on the one after it. 
It simply takes time... When every cop from the 60s is dead, which hopefully most of them are, it may take another generation to completely get rid of influences from the older generation

Influence has to wavor over time. It's not that cops are bad, but police heritage is. 
I think the main problem is that we are forced to pay our cops too little money, and have to exclude our best educated people from the job because it's too dangerous.

Maybe a better solution is to reorganize the service, so that police officers are managed by educated managers.