Something that will help with illegal immigration

We should get rid of the rule that says if you are born in the US you automatically get citizenship.   Thousands of people come here to do just that.  They sneak in, have a baby, then bam, we have one more problem.

We don't need any more citizens!

So, I say, BOTH your parents have to be citizens to be a citizen.  This would help stimulate having kids to married parents as well because if you marry one you become one.

What do you think? 
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
We can also sink those "refugee" ships and let them drown. And also step up border patrol and stop letting the CIA fuck around with shit. Those who are willing to work, let them whereas those who aren't: deport them. 
we need to deport a lot of people
That's not how your posts works.
my posts dont change the truth about illegal immigration or whether or not the ideas I have would help

You'll have to respond with something other than ad hominem.
Actually I think there is a much easier and constitutional way to do this and I've been saying it for years. As I understand it in Canada the baby is considered a natural born citizen and has all the rights therein. The parents are deported (and the baby goes with). At the age of 18 the baby can move to Canada. This removes all immediate benefit to the parents and other siblings (which is really the intent).
"the baby" ... "has all the rights"

but has to get deported...
Yes, It's parents were caught in America legally and were deported. We're certainly not going to seperate the family, so the baby goes with the deported parents.
Sounds like the right solution to me.
Other nations (most of Europe, as I understand it) do not have birthright citizenship, yet still have illegal immigration.
so what

if my idea was implemented

more babies would get deported
Well,I read it is theoretically possible to do such a thing but it'd take years to navigate through approval. Then again there s the possibility that it causes more harm than good.
It's a great idea that will never happen since both left and right wants illegal aliens and anchor babies.
im fairly sure this would need an amendment to take place.