Turkey 3 Russia/Assad 0

It's funny how people get crazy over today's events concerning Turkey.

"Oh noes, WWIII!":iconohnoesohplz:

It's not a secret Turkey is borderline insane with border defense.
Why bother risking confrontation when you know the Turkish
military are not afraid to pull the trigger?

The Syrians lost a Mig and a Hip.
Now the Russians got popped in the jaw too.

It doesn't matter if the Russian plane was only in violation for
under 30 seconds. The fact remains Turkey has made it abundantly
clear they will fuck you up.

Three Russian built aircraft have been downed by American-made
technologies. I'm sure that's not been lost on Putin.

Video
youtu.be/wDichCnmfk8

War by samburley

Discussion!

:bulletgreen:
Has Russia finally figured out not to test Turkey?
While European countries resort to whining and council
meetings, Turkey pulls the trigger.

:bulletred:
Do you think the Russians will resume bombing the Turkmen villages?

:bulletred:
Will Turkey arm the Turkmen in response to more Russian aggression?

:bulletblue:
How do YOU think this whole incident gets played out?

Battlefield by 88grzes
Comments140
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
In short: we should support a trigger-happy asshole?
Which trigger happy asshole?
Putin or Erogan(sp?)
both really, though I meant Erdogan.
You darn tootin' well the West will support any proxy against big red
Turkey's playing a dangerous game here. I'm not quite sure whether Erdogan is aware that Putin does just not give a fuck. If push came to shove I would expect Russia to just go in and obliterate anything the Turks throw them. 
How would that happen? There's a ton of neutral countries between them, so the Russian Army can't just march over. Their Black Sea fleet is to weak to do anything, and Turkey has nukes (through the NATO sharing program), so Russia can't just lob missiles at them.
On a conventional level, Turkey is a near peer to Russia. It will require the efforts of the entire Russian state to defeat it. That's ww2 level of mobilization and even then victory is in no way guaranteed. This without invoking article 5 even.

And every fricken' Muslim country will be sending volunteers to Turkey's side.
I'm not sure Putin doesn't realize Erdogan is just as nuts.
You expect too much of Russia to assume they're superior to Turkey
and it'd be another Russia-Georgia conflict
Erdogan is probably even more so. At least Putin's red lines are related to maintaining the status quo. Erdogan is mercurial.
Erdogan wants Assad out and the Kurds curbstomped, he also wants to be the #1 power in that area, not Arabia, not Russia, not the US.

I think he respects the Israelis enough to not fuck with them since history shows the Israelis will do almost anything they want.
Also, the Israelis can not extend much influence in a Muslim dominated region, no competition. They're a well fortified enclave.

Russia, China and Turkey are reminiscing the lost glory of their Imperial ages.
Israel has influence mainly from the street cred they have as very aggressive militarily and they are an economic factor in the region.

Yeah, I'm sure some people in Turkey dislike how the Ottoman Empire crumbled.
Hello again. I wanted to give some insight into the situation at hand. A few weeks prior to the downing of the jet, Turkey was full of news about Turkmens getting bombarded by Russia. One Turkmen fighter made a statement that Russian jets dive in by waves of tens. Turkmens were driven from all over northern Iraq and northern Syria by the Kurds who have been ethnically cleansing the area from the Turks and Arabs (story here: www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/10…). They were driven to the west more and more and finally got cornered in the most western side of the north Syria on the map. And while they were fortified up they could hold up against Kurds and Assads army. But now that the Russia came into the geography they started bombarding everyone except Isis. This included the Turkmens. With the help of Russian bombardments Assads army could just keep killing more and more Turkmens, resulting in like 25.000 Turkmens to storm refugee for the Turkish border. This was the beginning of the tensions between Turkey and Russia. This is because America actually listened when Turkey said they won't tolerate crimes against Turkmens.

The whole idea is to cleanse the northern petrol corridor from Turks and Arabs and turning it into a mono-ethnic region. Because Kurds don't mind selling Iraqi petrol to the world for cheap. Both the Russia and the Western countries want this but the thing they can't agree upon is who will control the spice. A puppet Kurdish corridor state playing for the West or a pro-Russian Assad government allied with Iran?

Anyway the division in northern Syria and Iraq and the place being handed to the Kurds on the expanse of the blood of Turks and Arabs have resulted in a most bloody and painful results for Turkey in the last couple of months. Kurds in Turkey kept attacking Turkish soldiers and policemen and civilians who opposed pro-kurdism with an insane drive. Hundreds of Turkish citizens have been killed by them because they were using the urban warfare tactics they learned in north Syria in southeastern Turkey. They had access to insane amount of weapons and donations thanks to the heroic image they were given by the international media. And Turkmens getting even more killed on their last standing fortress simply drove the Turkish government and the nationalist Turish army over their edge. I was even surprised that they didn't do more than downing just one jet.
I don`t think Russia is after anyone apart from its own interests, yes I support Russia taking back the Crimea and supporting Assad.
I will not lift a finger in any war while I see Turkey helping ISIL and as Turkey is apart of NATO, NATO is helping ISIL.

I would rather defect to Russia than fight for lies and bankers.
"Taking back" is quite a stretch.
Turkey is not Ukraine or Georgia. On a conventional level Russia and Turkey would appear equal but training and professionalism is on Turkey's side. There will be no talk of Russian tanks rolling into Istanbul as there were with Kiev.
It's so funny to listen to Russia and Turkey talk about the incident.  The stories being told are such polar opposites of each other...  If it is possible, I would say that both of them are probably lying.  There is no integrity in international relations.  Even the definition of "friendship" between countries is so different from how individuals think of the term.  It's just non-stop backstabbing and political posturing.    
Oh yeah it's like a game show.
At times it's like they're just talking into space and not really addressing their political opposites.
Yes.  That was a strange transcript of the audio, which Turkey released.  They claim that the Russian fighter was in their airspace, but the audio merely accuses the aircraft of approaching that airspace.  
I like that because it's like the Russians saying they're not in Ukraine but they are:P
Well, Russia should have pulled the trigger already back in '84, when everyone was ready for the nuclear holocaust. Now, wars are just shit.
Nuh uh they should have done it right after Berlin