Is Bombing ISIS Really the Answer?

Now, I'm not a war hungry monger or, nor do I believe violence isn't the answer. But I can't help but feel, what France, and USA are doing about this, isn't the right thing.

Disclaimer: I am by no means making light of the bombings and shooting in Paris, not at all. I think it's horrible, and is a disgraceful act done by Jihadists. But, like a friend of mine pointed out. Bombing ISIS isn't like bombing a country, like. Say, Japan. (Sorry for a horrible reference.) During WW2, the Japanese were an enemy of the USA. So, what did we do. We went, bombed two of their cities. Nagasaki, and Hiroshima. (in case there are people who don't know.) They were a 'defined' enemy. They had a country, a place of origin. A place we could harm them. Was it right? Absolutely not. But the point is, we bombed a country in which our enemies. (at the time) could be stopped. 

With ISIS, they are everywhere, Turkey, Iraq, Syria, I'm sure some are in Libya. They're everywhere, there isn't a localized place we could attack, and actually do enough damage to stop them.
Already there are casualties in those countries from our airstrikes.

By the end of this, we will kill more people than was in Paris, and how can we justify that? 
  I'm sure I'm ignorant of a lot of things, dealing with this subject, it's still relatively new to me. I'm educating myself, to better understand this all.

But, I can't help but feel, 1) we're giving them what they wanted and 2) We're doing the wrong thing. IF we could find THEM, ISIS, the people behind all this. Sure, okay. Blow them away, imprison them. Sure. They are clearly a threat to civilization. But I promise you, that bombing them like we are now, is going to kill more than ever were killed in the Paris attacks, and not the ones we've been trying to get.

Anyways, add your thoughts below. I'd love to see what else is going on, through other perspectives.

Comments271
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Maybe the U.S., Saudi Arabia, and Israel should stop funding, arming, and training ISIS for starters. Just an idea.
Well they aren't, so that's already taken care of.
Don't read the news much, do you?
I watch a lot of news from a lot of sources.  How about you provide proof that the American, Israeli, and Saudi governments are all actively funding, arming, and training ISIS?  
>I watch a lot of news from a lot of sources.

I have my doubts, since about 20 seconds on google came up with:
www.washingtoninstitute.org/po…
consortiumnews.com/2015/11/14/…
www.thedailybeast.com/articles…
www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/1…
www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ISIS…
www.globalresearch.ca/america-…
www.globalresearch.ca/the-isis…
www.israelnationalnews.com/New…

I'm sure I could come up with many more, but I'm not going to spoon-feed you indefinitely.
Source 7 is a claim by a Russian spokesperson, nothing more. It has no solid reinforcement.  In conclusion, these sources are nothing I haven't seen before, and do not provide any evidence that the U.S., Israeli, and Saudi governments are actively training, funding, or arming ISIS.
Source 6 is about Israeli support for the FSA and the moderate opposition.  It also cites a few things that are clearly anti-Semitic, such as the Dutch employee claiming Israel created ISIS to besmirch Islam, without any evidence whatsoever.
Source 5 is about a U.S. miscalculation that led to oil refineries being targeted instead of crude oil transport.  Definitely not a sign of active support.
Source 4 dances around providing any specifics.  
Source three is about private donors.  Not government backing.
There is no evidence shown in source 2 of backing by the U.S. or Saudi governments.
Literally from the second paragraph of your first source:

At present, there is no credible evidence that the Saudi government is financially supporting ISIS. Riyadh views the group as a terrorist organization that poses a direct threat to the kingdom's security. The Interior Ministry formally designated ISIS as a terrorist entity in March, along with Jabhat al-Nusra, the Muslim Brotherhood, Yemen's Houthi rebels, and Saudi Hezbollah. The designation outlawed various forms of support to the group by residents of the kingdom.

Private support is something that can't be halted.
The reason why ISIL is such a successful terrorist organization is because of their large funds pool. Tey even have their own currency.
Oh and by the way DON'T CALL IT ISIS. THE CORRECT TERM IS ISIL. A friend of mine with this name gets pretty much hatred these days because of her first name. Her parents chose her name because it was pretty and it comes from the egypt goddess Isis.
They'd be better off bombing the crap out Saudi Arabia.

That would cut the snake's head off for sure. They've been exporting bat-shit crazy Wahabi influence all over the moslem world for a couple of decades thanks to their wealth from oil money and their 'friendship' with the USA . They've probably funded every fundamentalist terror group, including ISIS, birthed Osama Bin Laden and were the second largest purchasers of US military-grade weapons in 2015.
Befriend Iran while you're at it. Iran would be a natural ally- if we can get past the friction that we had over the last four decades.
China has just done that this last weekend. A very important move in international politics.

A 25 year comprehensive strategic partnership, comprising 17 documents of agreement, was outlined.  It includes military-to-military communication; enhances consultations over Syria, Yemen, and elimination of weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East. It also offer legal and scientific co-operation.

Other Memorandums of Understanding were signed on areas such as providing goods for confronting weather change, cementing industrial, mining, and investment cooperation, communication and information technology cooperation, providing funds for Tehran-Mashhad express railway, cementing investment cooperation, development of human resources, cooperation in cultural, art, and educational cooperation, strategic cooperation in customs, establishment of Silk Road scientific fund, media cooperation, and developing joint cooperation between Qeshm Free Zone of Iran and Pilot Free Zone of China.

(www.president.ir/en/91427)

Oh please- Iran is so used to economic isolation that they'll leap at any economic proposal from any country now that the sanctions are lifted. They've flirted with France as well.
No, bombing them is not enough.

We need to execute them in front of everyone. Decapitate them, shoot them, violate them.
I still don't fully understand how some people have the nerves to terrorize others and cause all of these commotions. I swear, they need to find something better to do or just see a therapist! Anyway, violence just causes more problems, but sometimes it's the only answer when nothing else works. I wish for everyone to chill out. 
Like France has the balls to do that
They did, and still are.  Like a week after the shooting they bombed several ISIS strongholds and convoys. 
We already did. 
Depends on what bomb they're deploying. Tactical precision "smart" bomb is like killing an ant colony with a surgical needle, I say bring on the good old WMD like what our forefather did to Hiroshima during WW2.

Those IS needs to be drown in non-halal hell fire that guarantees them no place in their heaven~ :ahoy: :beer: :beer:
The thing about fighting asymmetric war, the more collateral damage you cause, the more people side against you. The US tried carpet bombing, napalm and a host of other indiscriminate weapons in Vietnam. Whilst it caused casualties, it did little to secure the long term future of the country and cause a LOT of resentment among the Vietnamese. If you want to win these wars you need to win over the hearts and minds of the people. You don't do that by carpet bombing them. Unfortunately ISIS can indiscriminately kill innocents far more than any foreign power could and get away with it. 100's die at ISIS' hands and nobody will do anything, 1 person dies at the hands of the west and you have a mob who suddenly are ready to joing ISIS.

Long term our aim should not be to level the middle east but to bring stability to it. The USA dropped nukes on Japan but what really made Japan what it is now was the years and years of hard work the US dedicated to rebuilding Japan and Germany post WW2. They learned the lessons from WW1 and realised if you want a permenant solution, you need to be prepared to spend over a decade nation building and pumping lots of money into the country you just destroyed. The less you destroy, the easier it is to rebuild.