will Donald Trump get nominated as a republican candidate?

I honestly think he is a undercover democrat trying to humiliate the republican party. If he does get nominated, It would make it really hard for the republicans to win this election.
Comments182
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
As soon as Bush drops out of the race, try not to wake me up as I'll be living in a democrat dreamworld.
About the same time I do.  The way the Iowa caucus works, he'll probably get nothing, and within a few weeks, he'll take his ball and go back to NBC, with more free publicity than anyone has ever gotten.

Herman Cain

Fred Thomas

Look up how well they did. 
That's an interesting point, he's doing this for free publicity. Saying anything that will get peoples attention to fund raise whatever kind of bull-crap stuff he's running.

But NBC? Isn't he a republican?
At the moment.  How about last year?
Holy shit, that guy flip flops as much as Romney! 
Don't worry.  He's already slipping in the poles.  Except for Fox, but we all know what their poles are worth.  It's a little soon to see him off, but it's looking like his 15 minutes are coming to a halt.  Back to 'reality' TV, Mr. Trump.
Who people are willing to support a year and a half before an election versus who they will actually vote for on election day are very different things. Trump will not get the nomination. He's a silver spoon fed narcissist who's foisted off billions of dollars in corporate failures onto the backs of his workers through bankruptcy while keeping his personal fortune in tact. The only reason his candidacy isn't a flaming pile of rubble already is because Republican know if they start actually attacking each other now they'll be doing it for 10 months until next July when they hold the convention. After a beating like that even the winner will be a push over during the general election when the democrat candidate gets to use all his former opponents remark and statements against him as well.

Frankly the Republican party as a whole is getting dragged so far to the right that they ruin any chance they have in a national general election because the middle decides who's President, not the rabble rousing nut bags from the fringes of each party.
I totally agree with you, Trump will never get the nomination and the middles decide they want an actual political leader, not some crooked billionare with plenty of bankruptcy's. 
He is going to win, you are assuming he and his ideals don't represent the majority of (white) America. They do. Also, the democrat candidates are so bad that Trump would still be better in office than all of them combined.
I feel like it's going to go one of two ways:
~He gets nominated as a candidate, and the republican party's chances are drastically higher. Americans are rather stupid: they'll just vote for whatever sounds better. Now I think that Hillary Clinton will win hands down; because she's a female, and we all know how Obama got elected. "He's black? He'll end racism!" "She's female? She'll end sexism!" However, with a familiar name in the mix, I think we have a much higher chance of getting a republican representative in, which may pave a path for better republican minded influence.
OR
~He gets beat by someone else, perhaps someone like Ben Carson, and the republicans lose hands down. Hillary Clinton will be the unique side AND the only familiar name, so there is not a single chance that the republicans can put in an influential hand. Another four years with no change.
This is American politics, so there is a chance... 
Ha! So true, sad by so true. America is the laughing stock in the world for letting Trump get a single chance to run for president. 
I do, unfortunately, think it is a possibility as he is so far ahead in the polls. However, I think last night's debate hurt him more than helped him. He not only said how vaccines cause autism, he was being rude and acting embarrassing in general. His comments to Rand Paul and his awkward backpedaling on his insults to Carly Fiorina were cringe-worthy. It wasn't a good night for him, at all

It is also scary to think that in second is Ben Carson, who doesn't even believe in evolution, and half of the time doesn't even seem to know what he's talking about. I really, really hope neither of them are nominated! Also, Santorum, Walker, Cruz, Jindal, and Huckabee would be really bad too, but I don't think they have a chance. Anybody else I feel has at least a little sense to them, even if it isn't much. 
Four years ago, who was running away with the Teabaggers souls?

Fred Thomas.

How long did that last?

Next on deck? 

Herman Cain.

Trump is the flavor of the month or two or six.  Once the senior citizens realize that he could flip back to being a liberal anytime he feels like it, since no one owns him, they'll fall in line with Jeb or one of the other major insiders.  And the Democrats can nominate one of Hillary's pant suits, and it'll still win all the blue states, and nine out of ten swing states. 

So sayeth the soothsayer, as he sayeth his sooth.
Fred Thomson you mean? That was 2008, was it not?
Yep.  Got my failed teabaggers mixed up.
I barely remember much about him during the campaign, but during both 2008 and 2012, the last people in the outing I wanted to see nominated were nominated.
Expect it again.  I doubt Bush will be get it, but one of the Governors will probably pull it off.
Frankly if a Republican was to be elected right now, I would literally take ANYONE over Bush, even Krispy Creme Christie.
You and I are on opposite sides of the fence, but I feel the same way about Mrs. Pantsuit. 
View all replies
Oh I see the old "blame the democrats" excuses again.. indeed, then why is he the leading candidate in the gop(?) Uh oh- the conservatards are backing the enemy-plant candidate! Why can't they see behind this ruse!
Probably because the blame-game is a pile of BS, that they support Trump because they support him and that's who they support. If you think the only way for the gop to win the election is by pushing a candidate who lies about what they want to do to America, then that's being very dishonest and sneaky.

Let's admit that the reason Trump has so much support within the gop is because people there like what he says. Let's admit that he doesn't tell any lies about what he actually thinks (even if a lot of the shit he believes is actual lies!)
If the candidate who speaks openly about what he knows (almost nothing on foreign policy apparently time.com/4022603/2016-election… ) and what he wants to do (reconstruct the Berlin Wall on America's southern border) would cause him to lose the election- than I say that is what should happen. It means democracy worked- the people chose what is best for the nation.
Bernie Sanders for President!
President of what, lol?
America, dummy!  ;P