Is the United States Not a free country anymore?

Comment hidden
Comments200
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
DUN DUUUU DUN DU NUH, DUN DUUU DUN DU NUH...

- The Dopiest Pope Scoper in town is back! Mwahahahaha! -
If you're carrying a few thousand in cash a policeman is free to take it and not give it back.  What could be more free than that?
:iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: 
:iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: 
:iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz:
:iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: :iconthis2plz: :iconthisplz: 
In terms of unconstitutional bills and laws, yes.
"From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage." We are nearing bondage, and from the looks of things, it's coming soon.
It is more free than many other nations in this world. 
Of course not, because America was never free to begin with. 
Can you give me a year when America was a free country, for all of its citizens?
maybe back in the 1800's, even earlier. 

Crimes changed America, making it less liberal. 
Back in the 1800's? I can only assume you mean AFTER 1865, of course. It seems silly to think that America was free country before the abolishment of slavery.

Then again, women still weren't free to vote until 1920.
The U.S. was once a country that was the epitome of freedom and fought for the rights of the people. However, you were right about the fact that now, freedom is just an illusion. But, that doesn't mean that people in the U.S. will have a horrible future, it just means that they will have to show the government how they are feeling through peaceful protest and such for the Gov. to see how bad things have gotten for them.
Thanks for telling me that.
I've been hearing rumors about the U.S. making the move to a communist country.
United States would never be a communist country, because communism is very bad thing, because it can introduce a very sinister leader.
Other Nations stopped being free due to experience.
We live in a country that has dumbass political correct morons who attack for saying the word "Black," a bullshit Copyright, people trying to disarm lawful citizens, no good candidate exists, police brutality, House/Senate members that have violated their own constitution (Supreme Court didn't do jack shit about it,) companies that will step on citizens to pass laws that will only benefit the wealthy and powerful while punishing lower class people, and people who will sue you for the most bullshit of reasons just to leech money out of you.
No, the US is not free. It stopped being free after WW2.
A lot of americas problems regarding a large prison population is down to the availability of guns and a poor social security system. My opinion anyway because i dont see any other major differences with america and other western countries other than those two things in most respects
Just a reminder:

If these conversations get too problematic, i might as well Close this thread.
The question depends largely on what freedoms one finds most important. While European countries have a more liberal outlook and provide things such as guaranteed free healthcare and consider it a right, they also tend to have a less stringent freedoms of the Press and Speech. Then of course there is the freedom to bear arms, which the US probably protects better than any other western country, on the other hand the freedom of privacy which protects a woman's right to choose is almost constantly under attack at every level of the government in America.

So the question becomes... What do you mean by freedom? Freedom to do what exactly?

Of course no one wants an actually nuanced answer, what people seem to want is to either scream "AMERICA IS THE FREEST ONE THERE IS!" or to chant "AMERICA'S DOWNFALL IS NEIGH!"
Comment Flagged as Spam