The Military Culture and Female soldiers: Should women be in the military?

Should women expect to face harassment and the possibility of assault by joining the military? 
Should women put up with it to get military benefits ?
Should they they even be allowed to join?
Should they be kept entirely separate?
Should they be allowed into combat?

Should victims of MST (military sexual trauma) be eligible for benefits ?

how would you feel if you heard that a victim of MsT was ineligible for the Gi bill ( money for college) or medical benefits ?

The Invisible War 
Comments85
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The only job I think should be reserved to men, in terms of "with some exceptions", is the front lines.

Men's anatomies are naturally stronger than women, which means we're more apt to drag a fellow wounded soldier out of a kill zone. Not saying that there aren't burly women out there. They're just extremely rare.

Not to mention much, much worse things can happen to a women, should they get captured by the enemy...
My mom was in the army, and dealt with this stuff (is a victim of MST)...but she made it out~
No, nobody should be expected to deal with that shit.
No, they should qualify for benefits like any other solider.
Yes, they should be allowed to serve their country.
For training activities? No. Sleeping? Definitely separate.
If they are capable of meeting combat requirements, yes.
Victims of MST should be eligible for benefits. They served, they're entitled to it.
Unfortunately shit like this already happens & it's pretty disgusting. VA's working on fixing it but not fast enough & people continue falling through the cracks.
100% that.
Glad you agree.
Women getting raped in the military? I know the answer, let's not have women in the military! Yeah, that's the way to go.

Or people in the military could stop being sacks of shit. But that might be too much to ask.

</Sarcasm>
As long as the standards aren't lowered, I have no problem with women in the military, serving in active combat roles.
Honestly, if you get more women passing the harder tests, like the one for the Rangers, you're gonna have an excellent class of elites on your hands.
Nowadays technology is far more advanced so women  should be able to enlist if they choose.
I think until we really make a breakthrough with military technology we should hold off the draft for women. 
Nobody should be in the military.
A case could be made of that, if you happen to be in a country which is involved in questionable imperialism while not even bothering to defend its own borders...
The ultimate solution for the "military" is to end ignorance, and to STOP isolation.

FUCKING learn about the people you hate BEFORE you FUCKING attack them.

S@%#!!!
What do you think it is that the people you accuse of 'ignorance' don't know? Surely it would be more productive to state what you think should be known, than to bemoan 'ignorance'.

Surely isolation would be better for reducing the military. An isolationist country would probably manage without 700 overseas military bases...
Tell that to our superiors. 
Your superiors in Congress have yet to let the F-35 project die despite its abysmal failures. I don't think they can be reasoned with. How about a coup?
We had problems with the F-22 as well.  And that is the military's Achilles's heel.  Congress. 
The F-22 is at least competent.
The pilots paint a different picture. 

That is a plagued with gremlins and is in no way cost effective.  It cost the military over 400 million dollars per unit, and this is 3 times what it was suppose to cost originaly. 
Well that just is anything the military does. Roll of duct tape? A bit! Military cost? 6+!
View all replies
The shitty aspects of military culture are nothing more than a multiplication of the shitty aspects of the civilian populace.

Its the desperate, dysfunctional, and anti-social persons who are most drawn to the military.

The military is used to collect willing slaves.
Dude. You changed your pic again.
What's your point
Nothing. Sorry, I was concussed a bit that night and was pleased I noticed, I guess.
Not a fan of anyone in the military I see?