Why do people even still fall for Neo-liberals and neo-conservatives anymore?

Seriously, we had Relected Bush, got the same war garbage, same tax cuts to the rich.

We re-elect Obama, he keeps the Patriot Act, bails out the big banks, protects the NSA, keeps Guantanamo open, drops drone strikes without a clue killing thousands of innocent people, and we bring him back to keep the NDAA going?

And now we still have people supporting Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton, who say they wouldn't appose using military force against Iran, bend over for the establishment constantly, and support the current War Hawk, Police State policy?

Are we really this stupid? You're voting for 5th term for Bush and Obama with almost all these idiots running. Sanders is the only one with a progressive, independent history and Obama ran on a progressive platform on his own first election, so our best bet is a gamble we've lost on once before. And people are voting for people openly for MORE of the past 15 years?

America, get your shit together. Stop with this "lesser of two evils" shit and grow some balls already before you dig yourself an entire layer deeper into totalitarian oligarchy. Third parties don't win because you say they can't and don't actually try. Honestly I think America was fucked from the start in the first place, but if you believe in your country to recover, you've gotta stop trying the same stupid shit and actually pick up a new strategy. The Whigs, Federalists, Anti-Federalists, and Democratic-Republicans were presidents once, and now where are they? Democrat/Republican is not how your country has to work, so stop being such damn cowards already.
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like how you assume the solution to shitty politics is... another politician.

And what the fuck does this new guy do? Promise shit so he'll get elected? GEE WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE
I think you might have missed where I said " Honestly I think America was fucked from the start in the first place"

I don't even think politicians or working in the system is really gonna work, in the long term the state always turns towards granting itself power, it's been happening for 5,000 years. I just want to see if these people who actually /think/ they can save the system actually put in some damn effort. It's like being on the Titanic and curling up in the fetal position instead of trying to get out to a lifeboat. You're probably gonna freeze to death in the water with all the people scrambling around and trying to escape, but sucking your thumb and hoping the ship just stops sinking is stupid, but exactly what we're doing.
Nah, I'm more like the guys playing in the band. The ship's going down, I'm boned either way, but I'm just gonna do my shit and that's that.
The problem with enacting reform through the ballot is the nigh-insurmountable task of outvoting the vast numbers of people who just don't give a crap. They vote blindly just for the sake of voting, and either vote for just one major party regardless of its stance or they vote randomly, not knowing who's who or what they stand for. They're biased towards familiar names, which is why the incompetents keep getting re-elected. They have to REALLY screw up in order to be voted out. Simply making a lot of mistakes and misjudgments isn't enough; they have to make one or two major, high-profile screw-ups to get kicked out. In Bush's case, most of his big mistakes were either in his second term or weren't recognized as mistakes until then. As for Obama... I've given up trying to keep track of him. All the information I find is contradictory and I can't keep anything straight. I voted for the other guy anyway, so I guess this is where I get to say "I told you so", though knowing politics, I have to admit he'd have probably screwed things up just as badly.
I completely agree about "the lesser of two evils" bullshit. Fuck that. I want a good leader.

OP, I think you would be interested in this article about Hillary Clinton: www.jacobinmag.com/2015/03/hil…
I have another question to add:  Why does the terms "liberal," "leftist" and "Dumb-o-crat" now refer to people with opinions that most Republicans hold? (I've been called all of the following for opposing basic bigotry, that most conservatives I know would also oppose.) 
Being socially sane is apparently a matter of being left/right to people. Of course I do notice that bigotry tends to become more common with people with totalitarian right views, though it does exist across the board. Could have to do with how the modern political climate and human condition coincide to best help enforce one's own bigoted, irrational views.
When you said Neo-liberals, I thought you meant somebody like Rand Paul
He's more of a neo-con trying to lip-service classical liberals AKA modern right wing libertarians, and people just sick of totalitarianism in general.
Not the totalitarianism! :noes: