What do the British and French think of each other?

Not intended to be a generalization. I know there are going to be varying opinions, so fire away.
Comments120
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's complicated.
Like any relationship where both parties have loved each other, hated each other and rowed.
Hmm, the French government is very authoritative and their prisons are inhospitable. The British government still practices monarchy and owning a gun there is impossible. The French is semi presidential. The French government has very high taxes while the British government have free medical care but still hefty taxes. One looks like an old left winger while the other looks like they rule with an iron fist.
Personally, I find France better. : P
Lets get something strait... The British got the French in trouble in the first place.. If they had not said, "Hah haH Lets give the Polish a war guarantee!" then the French would have never got in trouble. Second if the Americans and the Russians had not come in then the British would have been rolled over too!

Also French Food is Great... British food is all stolen from brown people making it worse then  American Food. American food is at least stolen from other Europeans!

FUCK BRITISH LORDS! 
I have nothing against the French, although I do find it a bit weird that, say you're at a newstand in France and start reading a paper, the guy behind the counter will inevitably get very angry with you. I don't know why this sticks out for me so much- maybe I find it strange having these cultural differences when you can actually see their country from your own.
Is it true that the middle finger gesture was created when the British waved their fists in their faces with the middle finger up and all the others down saying, "You can't cut off my middle finger," to the French to taunt them in war?
I hate the French.
that's not very nice
That is not a good sign, madam. If you cannot explain why you hate the French, it really is pointless.
The summary of British and French relations:

:iconkingarthurplz: Is there someone else up there that we can talk to?
:iconfrenchtaunterplz: NO!  Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
"French? What are you doing in Britain?"

"None of your business!"

XD I love that scene!
lol You English Kinnekit! I fart in your general direction! Nothing like a little Monty Python! On a more serious note, it does seem like Britain and France often tease or insult or taunt each other. Like a love-hate thing.
They have been bitter rivals for about 1200 years. 

Thy only reason why I think the animosity is still there is because of WWI and WWII. 

1. Because the British refuse to ever let the French forget that fact that they saved them.
2. Because the French are too arrogant to say thank you.
The Americans and Russians saved the French and the French thanked them by telling them not to go into Vietnam!

Everyone... Looks like we got a Brit here... Everyone repeat after me, "Imperialist Land Swipper no Imperialist Land Swipping... Imperialist Land Swipper no Imperialist Land Swipping... Imperialist Land Swipper no Imperialist Land Swipping...."  
French colonialism and greed for natural resources (rubber for Micheline) and a fucked up treaty with France got the USA involved in Vietnam, after their "elite" 13th Demi-Brigade of the Foreign Legion got their asses handed to them at Dien Bien Phu by Viet Minh commander Vo Nguyen Giap.
Accoding to this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_… it simply had to do with us not liking the system of which the Vietnamese... It says the French backed the regime we were supporting but it says nothing about a alliance with France?
You need to research the Potsdam Agreement, Elysee Agreements of March 1949, the Geneva Agreements and SEATO. Don't rely on wikipedia!
The Russians had zero to do with saving the french. 

Americans
British
Canadians
Free French
Free Polish
The only reason the war was won was because the Russians and Americans were in it.. Operation Barbaross were the Russians repelled the Germans is were the tide turns.. also the Americans entering the war is were the British start taking anything...

www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Wor…
View all replies