Feelings on the Boston Bombing trial?

The verdict was read today. Should the bomber get the death penalty, or should he live? I personally am on the fence about this, but I'm also wondering what other people think.
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If he gets life he should be in prison with the general population.
The terrorist group he was part of was funded by the Government... The Russians have had thousands of 9/11s thanks to the Chechnian  Separatist.. If he is killed kill those who fund the Chechnians too! 
I didn't think that there had been any proof that he was part of any terrorist group. Do you have actual facts that might change my mind?

My recall says that when he was initially interviewed in hospital, Dzhokhar claimed they were self-radicalized and unconnected to any outside terrorist groups.
I bet the Sandy Hook kids did it all with CGI
I hate the Boston bombing trial.
The whole defence reeks of Nuremberg.
Regardless, I live in a country where there hasn't been an official execution in 50 years and I've grown up with the mentality that the death penalty won't do any good. I say give him life, that's the only chance he has to think about what he's done.
Comment Flagged as Spam
Uh oh, conspiracy theorist propaganda alert!

Conspiracy theorist propaganda alert, kids!
Didn't you know photoshopped jpg's on the internet are proof of ANYTHING!
I'd say give him life and the slipperiest bar of soap they can find.
He was a CIA agent. it was a conspiracy. He's just the fall guy. False flag. New world order. Black helicopters.
I kinda get what you're saying but what do you mean by 'black helicopters'?
Americans love conspiracy theories, huh?
Damn, I was going to say that.
Will he get the death penalty?  I would like to know myself since I was hearing that it could hang all on 1 juror but I'd have to look into it again since when I heard about the verdict I was rushing to leave somewhere :P

The 2 excuses I've heard why he should not die being that he was forced into it and the whole "don't make him a martyr" excuse I take with a grain of salt.

If he was being forced, after his brother was incapacitated he could have came to his senses and stopped but he did not.  The legal tap dance that will happen over discussions on what punishment he gets will be annoying I'm sure so thats where I wait until results actually come in and find something better to do until then.

The 2nd excuse, we don't need anymore political rhetoric dictating court cases, just look how those kinds of decisions are helping the competency of our politicians...
I had heard that it had to be a unanimous decision by the jury, but you could be right.
Yes the death penalty has to be a unanimous decision but 1 juror last I heard has a bias towards the death penalty but might consider it here.
Let him be judged by his own culture, I think that's beheading, ...or is it being stoned to death ...ah! No that's reserved for Women! ... why should he worry, after all, he thinks he will be going to paradise with 13 year old virgins ...but if there is a God! He will burn in Hell! ...
His own culture was American. He was born in Russia and lived in the US from the age of 7. He had never been to Dagestan and was raised and schooled in the US.
I'm pretty sure  he identified with the Islamic  culture ( by his actions ) than he does with the American way of life ... And like anyone who joins Isis... and their evil deeds, will go straight to the fires of Hell! and Burn for Eternity ...
he had nothing to do with ISIS. I am sure he indentified with his older brother, who also had nothing to do with ISIS. Don't get your muslim extremists confused, it will muddy your picture.
As a Muslim... For what he has done , he's lost paradise for ever , and will be consumed by Hellfire
...   Maybe if a few moderate imams  made it clear to there flock there might be less trouble in our world...
View all replies