latin -americans

Comment hidden
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The words your looking for are Hispanic and Latino(a)
Comment hidden
So what, Mexican-Americans don't count?

Aside from that. I'm a half white, half illegal immigrant 2nd generation.

For me I can see where some people it would matter. But me personally, I don't care. So so homogenized, I don't care. When I tell people I don't speak spanish and they look at me weird I don't care. I think because I was half and half and my immigrant parent wanted to accept where she was, I never grew up thinking about culture or race. I just saw people, doing what people wanted to do.

I think that people shouldn't forget where they come from, but when they cling to it to much they limit their own growth. I see this a lot in artists that associate with a specific cultural group, they pigeon hole themselves. Where's the fun in that.
Comment hidden
Comment hidden
Comment hidden
But we're not talking about jews.
View all replies
I forget that I'm Mexican sometimes. :shrug: I'm totally fine with the representation in the media and everything.
I usually feel uncomfortable when my ethnic group is represented in the media. Really only because it always seems a little patronizing =P
Suck on my lotus flower toes, lil weeb :la:
Well, if all of them were pretty like:

Jessica alba Jessica Alba 46 by Zindy

Sara Paxton Sara Paxton by JezzabelR

or Eva Longoria black and white Eva by lovesexdestruction

:drool:

But sadly a lot aren't like this :(
This just in, UnknownSingularity only cares for physical looks.
I do, send the hotties to me, you can keep the ugly ones :)
oh, and to answer your question, there is a lot of discrimination agains latin-americans. Lots of racist jokes too :lol:

The issue is illegal immigrants, who often come from poor backgrounds, are uneducated, don't shower, are smelly and filthy. Because they are in the country illegally they are breaking the law, drive without license and insurance, drop the cost of labour pushing people out of work.... Then there are people who happily collet welfare, and over use health services...

Then you have latin-american drug cartels and gangs....

So, there is plenty of people making it hard for those Latin Americans who come legally to work, or who have been in the country for generations :nod:
I still feel like there is so much potential being lost in Latin America in general to corruption.

Decades of meddling by foreign superpowers didn't help either.
Is Manual Labor a Spanish American?
Are you asking us how we feel about being Latin American? If it is, then I'm happy with it because that's what I am. I'd be happy too if I was from another race and ethnic group.

Most of the media that has portrayed the "Latin world" in the most accurate light is pretty much any programming produced in Latin America or Spanish-speaking country. Others seem to exaggerate or it comes off that way, like watching stereotypes that are passed off as "representation". Don't get me wrong, the media also does this to other cultures too. I know it's not meant to be offensive, it just shows they don't quite understand it but are trying to. 
Comment hidden
There is, in most cases. The only ones who have a problem with it seem like racists? The ones who don't like others from another country. 
I'm pretty sure the "spanish americans" living in Europe are called "spanish."