Rasist Parties

Is it only me or are a lot of foreigners living outside of Sweden (especially Brits and Americans) supportive of the party Swedish Democrats here in Sweden? I get that impression seeing outsiders on the net talking about Swedish politics. Most of what they say is completely ignorant and untrue, but still it's scary to witness the growing support of SD even going beyond our borders.

What are your thoughts on SD and if you have similar parties in your country, as you most likely do, tell us about them and where you see people's trust and support lies.
Comments397
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I worked with Ericsson for many years and even in that company I probably couldn't find a dozen Americans or Swedes combined that cared about Swedish politics. In fact, other than the Aussies that were experts on what was best for every country but their own, people in the real world just aren't as emotionally involved in the pettiness of internet forum political pundits. 
I think it has a lot to do with the widespread fact that Sweden is becomming overrun with immigrants and people in other countries don't want that happening to them in the same extent so they're supporting those parties thinking if they're successful it might encourage similar parties closer to home to take notice as well.
Overrun is a stretch I think, but we could very well be accepting more than we have capacity for.
I guess the SD have finally won then, they even managed to convince a leftist like you that mass immigration is a problem.
No. Just because I like old churches that doesn't mean the Christ Democrats (KD) has won me over or swayed me in any way. Their politics are irrelevant to my opinion and it's the same with SD.

They don't have a monopoly on having an opinion on immigration, you simpleton. I thought this about immigration before I even knew about SD or any such party. Obviously a country has a limit of how many people it reasonably can take in each year and with the apartment shortage and sparse job market we might need to see over that number. It is only in your white and black worldview that people are either for mass immigration or for full stop on immigration. Most people don't think like that. Most people, unlike you, are at least somewhat reasonable.
Why accept immigrants when you end up having to compete with them for jobs and apartment? you seem like a lower working class from your profile and you would lose the most from cheap labor replacing you.
Because we're of the same world. There's lots of troubles in the world right now and we aught to do what little we can as a rich country to help people in need. It's called compassion.
So you would rather the state use it's money that it obtained via taxes from it's citizens to be used on immigrants and refugees than to give it's citizens and people like you  a better life?

You're telling me that you would rather help some people that you've never even met than say have a bigger apartment and other material goods?
View all replies
Unfortunately, the right wing populists are amassing support in the groups of the marginalised and uneducated, which makes up a large part of the right wing extremists. In those groups, convincing by sticking to facts, rationality and arguments of an organised society worthy of any enlightened civilisation have little bearing. Demagogics to misdirect those who are blinded by anger and looking for a scapegoat is all that is needed, and it is the most efficient way to sway someone who scorns the non-emotional argument. They are everywhere, they are organised and they have an agenda, so it's not surprising that any success in any country is celebrated.

Seeing how most of the oppressive and more affluent social groups in most countries are well educated, the scorn of the educated is not surprising, language is often used to oppress. There is of course no correlation, but Sweden happens to be one of the few countries in the world where it is more visible due to the system of completely free education, so the trend is recognised and feared at an entirely different level, Sweden stands out in the EU in being successful in promoting societal anti-hate. 

Education is the silver bullet - it furthers intelligence and teaches you to suspend judgement to examine things critically - which doesn't come naturally to everyone. Intelligence and experience leads to a far easier time in seeing things from different perpectives and positions, something that is critical for a argument based on compassion or reason to work. A lot of government make it their business to filter the media stream to keep people unenlightened, which the right wing propones to exert control, even in Sweden. 

Oh, and of course, compassion seems completely forgotten by most in our time... It's even easier to brush aside if you're suffering yourself.
Educating Muslims and teaching them the value of life, freedom, women's rights. It is even more important. They are more ignorant, violent and worse than your right wing populist :)
Overgeneralisation, misrepresentation, arrogance - not a very constructive attitude. As far as comparing evils it's a futile exercise in this context, they differ in nature slightly but have the same characteristics. The same mechanisms are exploited to direct senseless masses of non-thinkers.
The EU are causing massive harm to countries cultures & societies with mass immigration (especially non EU & newly found EU members & of course the rise of Islam). People have had enough & like post WW1 in Germany, the same conditions have been set up once again !. Right wing groups are gaining support & popularity because elected governments are ignoring public concerns ! Racist or not, I know people in the UK are sick of migrants trying to force their culture and traditions & refusing to intergrate with the culture theyve moved too ! EDL, Britain First, BNP, NF all getting more members (should be interesting to see what happens in the General Election). In France the Front Nationale are gaining & in Germany and Scandanavian countries people are getting more violent against muslims and negros especially ! The fault of liberalisation and left wing PC morons in power ! Im proud to be white & British & put my country & culture first !
Good for you. Europe needs more like you. 
What does it mean to integrate anyway? To me it means to make an effort to learn the language and learn how things work here with the laws and bureaucracy and stuff so you can live and work here. You can't of course demand to much of the old, especially not about perfectly learning a new language.

Talking of which, I met the most insufferable moron at new years eve. He got so mad at a happy stranger for just knowing a few words of Swedish. He could have just been a tourist for all he knew. He saw that I rolled my eyes at the scene he made and immediately tried to assure me that he wasn't racist and losely grabbed my shirt. He did that to everyone. It's just pathetic when such insecure guys try to act threatening. Morons. Sorry. Just had to get that out.
That's the problem with EU and other mass immigration, nobody ever speaks your native language in your lands and you feel like the foreigner.
I certainly don't feel like a stranger here and 99% of all the people I meet speak Swedish, so I really don't relate to what you're describing. But then you do say mad things so there's that.
www.rt.com/news/219451-stockho…

Looks like even some Swedes are getting tired of mass immigration and radical Muslims.
Yeah, that's terrible how maniacs have burned their holy places. Hope they get caught soon.
Leftists are the ones provoking this type of violence by allowing mass immigration of violent extremists that drains the welfare system.
View all replies
SD members cannot celebrate New Years without getting attacked by immigrants. 
If anyone is "Violent", it is the immigrants. Not SD. 
How are they celebrating new years?