another innocent murdered by police in his own home

www.dcclothesline.com/2014/11/…

so this woman called the police to help her get her son to take his medication and a cop showed up and tazed him, dragged him into the bathroom and shot him multiple times.

was this one justified? you guys gonna defend the cops on this one? 
Comments173
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
to "protect and serve"
Not that I don't feel empathy for those who lost their loved ones due to cops but I'm tired of all this cops shooting people stuff. It's getting old and tiring to hear when something else happens.
Weekend Warriors shooting people cause they won't take their medicine? They kept on going straight into FUCKED UP now! What the hell was this woman thinking?

Phoenix, Arizona – Tuesday night, 34-year-old Rumain Brisbon was shot and killed by a police officer, because the officer mistakenly thought that he was carrying a gun. The Phoenix Police Department has not yet revealed the name of the officer responsible for the murder, but the smear campaign, by the media, against the victim has already begun.

According to police, the officers involved were investigating Brisbon because some neighbors allegedly told them that someone in an SUV was selling drugs in a nearby apartment complex. From the start, this story seems suspicious as police often use fabricated “anonymous” tips as a justification to search and harass people who they are interested in profiling. The family also suggests that a false report may have been possible.

Brisbon’s family says that he was simply going out to get dinner, and had returned home with two McDonald’s bags when he was attacked by police.

The officers claim that they approached Brison’s SUV, and say that he seemed to be moving things around in his vehicle and moving things around in his pockets. When police attempted to interrogate him, Brisbon reportedly fled into the apartment complex.

The officer hunted him through the apartment complex and tackled him, wrestling the man into the doorway of his own apartment. In the scuffle, the officer shot and killed Brisbon in the doorway of his home, in front of his girlfriend and their small children. After searching the man’s body, police found that the object in Brisbon’s pocket was just a bottle of pills, and that he was actually unarmed during the chase.

“When our officer lost his grip on the suspect’s hand — in close quarters with the suspect — our officer fired two rounds, striking the suspect in the torso with both rounds, ending the confrontation with the individual,” Phoenix Police Sergeant Trent Crump said in a statement.

When police went back and searched his SUV, they did find a legally owned firearm. However, Brisbon actually made the conscious decision to leave that gun behind so it stands to reason that he had no intent on hurting the officer.

Also found in the car was a small amount of marijuana, which he was also legally licensed to possess under Arizona state law, a friend of the family told The Free Thought Project this week.

As for the bottle of pills in his pocket, his family says that they could have been legally prescribed to him from a work-related injury. The police department has neglected to mention these facts to the media, but instead, has instructed them to paint Brisbon as a criminal, suggesting that the legally owned weapon and legally prescribed drugs were evidence that the man was a drug dealer. Even if he was a drug dealer, which it seems that there is a very good chance he was not, the police should not have a right to take his life.

The mainstream media will surely latch onto the small and irrelevant details about the marijuana in the car, or Brisbon’s prior drug charges to justify the actions of this officer. However, is having a prior drug conviction grounds for a death sentence? Is running away from police or disobeying an officer grounds to be killed?

Sadly, according to police departments, juries, and mainstream media organizations all over the country, anyone who commits a non-violent offense or disobeys a police officer deserves whatever violence is inflicted upon them. It is this prevailing attitude which allows these murders to continue on a daily basis.

“Let’s be very clear: The officer was doing what we expect him to do, and that is, investigating crimes that neighbors are telling him are occurring in that apartment complex. This one went bad, from the standpoint of how it ended, but the officer was doing exactly what we want him to do,” Police Sergeant Crump said.

School ERP System
ERP System for School
Web based School ERP System

right, the mentality basically is if you break the law at all, you deserve to be killed. thats what theyre selling and people are buying it. i read 2-3 new stories like this every week.
Except that this guy didn't even break the law.
You know what's funny? No one is talking about the two officers that were shot and killed in New York the other day. You know why? Because everybody hates the police now.
Americans are bored because life is too good for them now. And because they are bored, they are rebelling against the police, trying to justify it with these stories, and are desperately trying to make themselves look like heroes because they don't feel like working a day in their life. 

Way to look at the big picture, guys.
That's untrue. Everyone is talking about them. That's all I heard about on the radio yesterday.

You know how panicky police are? The police chief of San Francisco, over 2,500 miles away, had his department on high alert because these two cops in New York got shot by what all evidence says was a lone nutcase, with no hint of a suggestion of any extended plot to murder cops whatsoever. That kind of panic and irrationality is the last thing you want in a guy running a police department, but the media reported it as if it were reasonable.

The media fetishizes police, as if they were somehow a superior class to everyone else. You know what profession has more on-the-job deaths per 100,000 man-hours worked than police? Trash collectors. When was the last time an on-the-job death of a trash collector made national news? But which would I notice almost immediately if they stopped doing their jobs all of a sudden? (Hint: It's not the cops.)

The fact is -- and you can verify it using any statistical measure you choose -- police work is not particularly dangerous. It's SLIGHTLY more risky than some other professions, but that has nothing to do with the danger from criminals. It's because they spend all day driving, and driving is incredibly dangerous. Any other profession that does lots of driving is also risky.

I'd be willing to bet that some multiple of innocent citizens are killed by police than police are killed by criminals. And people like you probably think that's reasonable. (And by innocent I mean not actually guilty of any crime, and who were not in fact posing a threat to anyone when a cop decided to kill them.) But I bet you think that's OK.
I do feel bad for those who die from jobs such as construction work or the like. And it's not like it's just blown off- a year or two ago there was a man who was killed in a construction accident and there was a lot of hurt in my neighborhood because of it. 
But unlike regular jobs, police are very likely dealing with mean people everyday and violence at some point of their career. And they do it willingly, knowing quite well that there very likely will be situations that will put them in danger. And without them, I guarantee there would be so much more crime. Just look at what happened during Hurricane Katrina when people were stranded. They turned into animals. People were being raped left and right, thefts and other crime were committed. A was a position with no police present.

And I can totally understand the police in SF. Lone wolves are exactly what they should be afraid of. There's no terrorist group that went after kids when so many school shootings were occurring. Rather, there were tons of people working on their own. Should we not be afraid of school shootings because there aren't any official groups committed to terrorizing schools? Heck no. 

If a person were threatening a cop were the cop felt his life was in danger, he has every right to defend himself. But as for the last paragraph, you're gonna need to show me some sources. Because approximately every 58 hours, a cop dies. I can't believe that they kill more innocent people in that amount of time. 
  • Logging workers: 129.9
  • Fishers and related fishing workers: 120.8
  • Aircraft pilots and flight engineers: 54.3
  • Roofers: 42.2
  • Structural iron and steel workers: 37.0
  • Refuse and recyclable material collectors: 32.3
  • Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers: 24.3
  • Electrical power-line installers and repairers: 23.9
  • Farmers, ranchers and other agricultural managers: 22.8
  • Construction laborers: 17.8
  • Taxi drivers and chauffeurs: 16.2
  • Maintenance and repairs workers, general: 15.7
Those are all of the jobs more dangerous than being a police officer. You are more likely to die being a cab driver. 

I like how you demand sources from everyone yet do not provide them yourself. But I've seen the source that says every 58 hours. It's from an offensive and excessively biased source. But let's pretend it's true. Let's say a cop dies every 58 hours, which is untrue. A police officer kills someone every 24 hours. So every time an officer dies, they have killed two people.
That doesn't mean they were innocent. 

And I could step out of my house tomorrow and die but I don't expect flags waved in my honor. Policemen put there life on the line knowing the dangers to protect the community. That's why we have so much respect for them. They protect us from theft or abuse or even death. 

Pretty much what your telling me is that you like to search for sources that make you happy and support your point of view. I mean, there's a basic source that says that every 58 hours, a cop dies and you refuse to believe it because you want to believe that this world is spiraling into chaos. I saw your last reply, none of those things were reported on major news sites for a good reason. 

Seriously though, what do you want? No cops?

And I'm not replying to any of your other replies. It's too much, I'll just reply to this one. 
They do not have to be innocent to have the right to life.

The statement about policemen putting their life on the line every day is propaganda. The rate of death and injury among officers is very low. Do you have more respect for cab drivers? Because you are more likely to die or get injured as a cab driver than a police officer. They do not protect you from theft. They do not protect you from abuse. They do not protect you from death. They do not protect you. They have no legal obligation to protect you or anyone that is not the law itself. When a man breaks into your home, they come because it is illegal to break into another man's home. They are protecting the law. If you call and say you think someone may break into your home at some point in the near future, they have no obligation to go to your aid as a crime is not in progress. Also, policemen steal, abuse, and kill as well. More than your average profession.

No, I do not search for sources that make me happy. I search for sources, cross-reference them with other sources, take the author and the source-material into account while applying context and critical thinking. If you think I am happy, you are not listening. If you are happy with this world and society, then you haven't been paying attention. I do not seek things that support my point of view and in fact I ignore them. There is no point in jerking myself off mentally. If you are saying something I already know, why do I listen? A police officer does not die every 58 hours. This claim was debunked, see the links below. I do not believe the world is spiraling into chaos. Major news sites are bought, owned, and operated. Major news sites are not the only form of valid news. It's funny, because you dismiss my sources yet your 58 hours claim came from a non-major news site as well. 

No cops? No, that's a horrible idea. Look to Iceland, who had a police officer kill someone for the first time in history this time last year. Look to Finland, who has killed four people in 25 years and only discharged six shots across the entire nation last year. I could go on. Other countries get it right. We have not. Our officers are not trained at all. They are exceptionally poorly trained in fact. They are not conditioned. They are allowed to hold oppressive and prejudiced beliefs because those in charge of the system hold those same beliefs. I suggest, as idealistic as it is, a police force that is staffed with people who are actually trained to both physically and mentally handle their job in the most extreme of scenarios and whose superiors hold officers accountable and to the strictest of standards. 
Compared to the orgy of public grief, with moments of silence and flags flying at half-staff and highways being named after them when a cop gets killed? Yeah, it's blown off. It's natural there was a lot of hurt in your neighborhood, but I bet none of THAT happened.

Every profession has its hazards. The difference with police is that when they err on the side of caution, WE die. You want me to feel good about that? Prepare to be disappointed.

Actually, the police were part of the problem after Katrina. A huge part of it. The New Orleans PD is the filthiest in the country, and boy did they show it. A police department that had earned more respect from its community would have had a much easier time handling the situation. But New Orleans residents knew that if they didn't loot, the cops probably would. As they did at least a few times.

The statements from SFPD were irrational. A "lone wolf" on the opposite side of the country has zero to do with anything going on in SF.

Here's a website some information I know you can trust, since the website echoes your 1 death per 58 hours figure. www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-f… To compare members of the public killed by cops to cops killed by members of the public, we need to look at the appropriate causes of death. It's not surprising that as many were killed in traffic accidents ("Auto Crashes"+"Motorcycle Crashes") as were shot, but let's add up all the ones plausibly due to assault by the public. "Bomb-related" +  "Shot" + "Stabbed" + "Struck by Vehicle" = 1 + 31 + 2 + 11 = 45. This won't be a totally accurate number, since at least some of those shot would have been accidentally shot by other cops as in this case www.9news.com/story/local/2013… , and at least some struck by vehicles must have been hit accidentally. So this makes the best possible case for you.

45. Compared to... how many? No one really knows. The number of non-cops gunned down by cops each year doesn't appear to be a number anyone bothers to keep track of. Go figure. But it seems to be about 400. www.washingtonpost.com/news/po… How many of those killings were actually justified by the standards that would apply to you (assuming you're not a cop) and me? Who knows? And God only knows how many "unjustified" killings by cops there may have been.

It's very curious that you are happy to grant greater self-defense rights to police than to "regular people". If I felt merely "threatened" by someone else and pulled out a gun and shot him for it, I'd be in a great deal of trouble, and probably get prison time for manslaughter. But a cop? He gets no real consequences at all. I guess they really ARE better than everyone else, huh?
This is obscenely false in just about every possible way. 
Yeah, look at all the proof you presented to make your case. My opinion has totally been swayed by your reply. Great job.
I am not going to babysit someone too lazy to do very basic research who instead is content in wallowing in his ignorant opinions. 

- Black people are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than white people.

- 86 percent of stops and 92 percent of searches in Fergson are done on black people.

- There have been 1,200 black people arrested in Ferguson in the last year (I believe the last year) and only 67 white people.

- The prosecutor in the grand jury was defending Wilson. He was known to be on his side and yet they still hired him. He called witnesses AGAINST the prosecution several times while silencing those for it. His mother, father, brother, uncle, and cousin all work or worked for the police in the St. Louis area. The prosecutor filed no charges against Wilson prior to the grand jury meeting.

- The looting is a minority of people. The news are showing it to be all that is going on. They are ignoring the countless peaceful protests featuring people in the thousands across the entire nation. Chicago, Philly, Portland, Tampa, Tallahassee, New York, etc... All peaceful protests and yes, Ferguson too. They do not show this and they do not mention it. They want you to focus on the looting. They want to distract you from the issue.

- The protests, mostly peaceful ones, are being disrupted, which is unconstitutional. The police are in riot gear and shooting tear gas and rubber bullets. They are attacking, beating, and subduing people and have made over a hundred arrests of PEACEFUL protesters in the last 48 hours alone. The police are sending protesters away. They are trying their best to keep the media out. They are trying to get a no-fly zone over Ferguson to keep the media out.

- A large portion of looters are from out of town. This has been documented on twitter by showing people retreating to their cars with license plates from out of county and state.

- Obama condemns the violence in Ferguson while sending troops overseas to fight unnecessary wars while signing orders for drone strikes.

- The people setting fires were largely white people and yes, there is footage of this.

- The police has documented ties to members of the KKK. Both current and former police members.

- The Grand Jury was 75 percent white in a town that is majority black. This happened twice as the first grand jury had to be re-selected as people on the jury admitted to already siding with Wilson.

- One juror, who made the cut, admitted to being racist and in favor of Wilson.

- Wilson was out of uniform. He did not and does not carry a taser because he feels it is uncomfortable. He claims the department only has a select few. The same department with assault weapons and vehicles.

- Wilson said he feared for his life. He was facing an unarmed man. If this is true then that means he was not properly trained physically nor mentally. Any officer who cannot take down an unarmed man does not belong on the streets nor the force. 

- Wilson was put into hiding while the media and the police talked up Brown's size. He was HUGE they say. Michael Brown was 280 pounds and 6'4". Darren Wilson, as his hospital records state, is 6'4" and 225 pounds. That's not even 70 pounds of difference between the two. That's besides the point though since any properly trained officer knows how to use someone's size against him. Which Wilson admits to not knowing how to do.

- No photos of the body were taken officially. The medial examiner brought his camera but it was out of battery. The body lay in the street for hours. He could've gotten batteries. He also is expected to show up to his job PREPARED.

- Only 11 out of the last 16,000 cases ended with no indictment.

- In Ferguson, a cop who had been on the force for nearly 15 years is sitting in prison. His bail is $3,500 cash. He faces years in prison. He was suspended with no pay. He is charged with assault. He slapped a man on the hand with his police baton and slightly injured the man. The cop was black. The man he hit was white. The prosecutor who levied charges against Dawon Gore pushed for felony assault. The prosecutor's name is Bob McCulloch. The name of the prosecutor who called witnesses to defend Wilson, who levied no charges against him, who allowed Wilson to speak despite that not being allowed, that man's name is Bob McCulloch.

- There were 16 witnesses who said he had his hands up. Only two said he did not. The media pushes those two witnesses testimony as fact while refusing to acknowledge the 16 people who say otherwise.

- Wilson had no knowledge whatsoever of the robbery. He admits to this during his interview after the incident. He did not see the cigarillos either. He admits to this during his interview after the incident.

- Wilson is escorted to the hospital in a squad car by his superiors. Upon arriving, he is suddenly now aware of Brown's supposed robbery. He knew they were cigarillos. He knew that was his guy. 

- No fingerprints were taken on Wilson's gun. There is no forensic evidence proving that Michael Brown ever touched his weapon. They didn't even bother trying.

- Wilson immediately washed the blood off his hands, washing away evidence which is something so basic that every civilian knows and yet this officer failed to follow.

- The police have been changing their story and even then the medical examiner have shown it to be false. They said he died very close to the car when in fact he did not.

- Discharging your weapon 12 times against an unarmed assailant is enough to prove someone incapable of holding his position. Let's add that to the fact that he is a racist, the fact that he is physically incapable of performing his duties, the fact that he willingly comes out of uniform every day because he feels like it, and the fact that he does not have the mental capacity to act rationally under pressure. Right now, I make smoothies for a living. I get fired if I show up without my apron. This man proved himself incapable of holding his position in every single way and was protected, defended, and PAID.

- The first person to interview Wilson took no notes.

- Wilson testified that Brown hit him on the right side of the face, as his "injury" shows. He testified that he turned away and shielded himself. He testified that Brown hit him with his right hand. He testified that Brown had the cigarillos in his right hand. Michael Brown apparently hit him while holding cigarillos on the side of his face only accessible from the passenger seat of Wilson's car.

- No investigator measured the distance between Wilson and Brown

- Wilson did not turn his weapon over for the police.

- They don't show you the kids rebuilding. The people banding together to rebuild the community. The hundreds of people boarding up windows, repairing businesses, picking up trash, etc... This isn't making the news. The news is showing Ferguson at night, the riots, that's it. 

- The KKK is going around in Ferguson lighting fires and blaming the residents. They also threatened the residents with violence if they didn't like the verdict. They burned the Brown family's church down.

- A birthmark was attempted to be passed off as an injury.

- Wilson was stopped for jaywalking in a neighborhood. How many white people do you think are stopped for that regularly? I've never been and I do it LITERALLY every single day of my life and I have in front of countless police officers. And my friends too. And my family. And countless others online. It's been said by police officers from various states that minor things such as jaywalking or speeding by one or two mph are usually not enforced because it's not worth it and they typically only enforce them when they believe something else could happen, such as drugs or DUI or a weapon, etc... 

- Wilson told the police interviewer that he was hit ten times in the face. He told the grand jury, under threat of perjury, that he was only hit twice. 

- Frank Ancona, leader of the KKK in that region, admitted to privately speaking with law enforcement several times off the record. He was then spoken to by the police and later took those statements back. 

- If you're saying riots are not necessary. You aren't paying attention. If you're saying violence is unneeded then you're missing the point. If justice was served it wouldn't happen. If discrimination and racism wasn't rampant through society, it wouldn't be necessary. Oh no, a Walgreens was ruined? However will that billion dollar company recover? An unarmed man was shot. 14 black teenagers have been killed since then. We care more about the vandalism of property than the vandalism of black bodies. Who the fuck cares about a Walgreens?

- If the KKK wasn't made up of white men then it would've been disbanded, labeled a terrorist group, and it's members arrested. This country has protested mosques being built. We have protested a black man being elected president. We have people protesting the condemning of the name "Redskins" and the Cleveland Indian's mascot. But this organization is allowed to exist and THRIVE. They can live private lives. They can interact with the government who KNOWS WHO THEY ARE. If you think there isn't a race problem in this country then do me a favor and find me a place darker and tighter than your ass because wherever that place is, your head is up your ass and then up that place. Tumblr has been removing posts condemning the KKK and spreading awareness regarding them. 

- Walmart contributed 10,000 to a fundraiser for Darren Wilson.

- “TJ Lane took a gun to a school, killed 3 people and was arrested near his car. Not shot. He was armed. He was white. Amy Bishop Anderson shot and killed three people, her colleagues, at the University of Alabama. She was arrested outside of the building. Not shot. She was white. Scott Evans Dekraai shoots and kills 8 people in Seal Beach, California. He is armed with 3 different guns. He is arrested. Not shot. He was white. Christopher Speight shoots and kills 8 people in Virginia. He surrenders and he is arrested. Not shot. He was white. The list of white murderers who were arrested and not killed goes on, and on, and on. Michael Brown harmed nobody. He did not commit a crime. He was not armed. He was shot 6 times. Michael Brown was killed. Michael Brown was black. Trayvon Martin harmed nobody. He did not commit a crime. He was shot and killed. He was not armed. Trayvon Martin was black. Tamir Rice was a 12 year old boy. He was “armed” with a fake, toy gun. He was shot twice in the torso and killed. Tamir Rice was black.”
- The Grand Jury was given an outdated law from 1979 rather than the updated one from 1984. This law, the one that no longer applies, justifies the use of deadly force against a fleeing suspect.

- It is not legal to use deadly force unless the suspect is an immediate danger to people around them. He was unarmed.

- Wilson's interview after speaking with his superiors conflicts with the later testimony of eyewitnesses and Wilson himself. And the interview was delayed because he had to be talked to by his superiors.

- "You must use force to protect yourself when in danger of serious injury or death. Unless you are in your own house, you must retreat if possible before resorting to force. You must show that you did not start the altercation. Finally, you can’t use more force than necessary to stop an unprovoked attack." Those are the laws in Missouri regarding claiming self-defense. 

- People across the country say Wilson deserved it. When a white man is killed though, he was troubled or confused or no one saw it coming or he was a smart kid who did nothing wrong. When a black man is killed they provide the news stations with damning pictures while giving the news nice looking ones for the white people. 

- "Michael Brown, due to be buried on Monday, was no angel, with public records and interviews with friends and family revealing both problems and promise in his young life. Shortly before his encounter with Officer Wilson, the police say he was caught on a security camera stealing a box of cigars, pushing the clerk of a convenience store into a display case. He lived in a community that had rough patches, and he dabbled in drugs and alcohol. He had taken to rapping in recent months, producing lyrics that were by turns contemplative and vulgar. He got into at least one scuffle with a neighbor." 

vs.

"People in Cambridge thought of 19-year-old Tsarnaev, "Jahar" to his friends, as a beautiful tousle-haired boy with a gentle demeanor, soulful brown eyes and the kind of laid-back manner that made him that dude you could just vibe with, one friend says. he had been captain of the Cambridge wrestling team for two years. He was a promising student. He was also "just a normal American kid", as his friends described him. He liked soccer, hip-hop, girls, obsessed over the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and smoked weed."

That's from the fucking New York Times. Jahar Tsarnaev killed three people, was suspected of another triple homicide, injured over 250, and attacked a police officer while unarmed. He was praised. He was protected. He was not shot and killed despite having set bombs off in a major city. Michael Brown may have stole a pack of cigarillos. That's enough to kill him but the man who tried to kill hundreds of people deserves proper justice and a trial.

- A grand jury meets with a set of charges presented to them, they choose whether or not to indict on those charges. The grand jury in Ferguson received no charges nor recommendations from anyone. 

- A grand jury is not supposed to hear a testimony from the accused. Darren Wilson spoke for over four hours.

- Wilson referred to Brown in his testimony as "it", "demon", and "Hulk Hogan".

- Wilson says he has no remorse for Brown and would do it again any day.

- Theft is not punishable by death.

- Assault is not punishable by death.

- Michael Brown allegedly robbed a store and assaulted an officer. He was deemed a thug. People said he deserved it. He was no angel. They posted pictures that the white population would see as criminal. They defamed him and smeared him. He was an 18 year old kid and they picked him apart like they pick apart candidates in October on election years. A man walked into the library in my fucking city and shot four people. He was called a good man but confused. He was smart. He was nice. No one saw it coming. The Boston bombers were troubled men. Trayvon was a thug who smoked weed. Do I really need to keep going? They try to take white criminals alive. Black ones are shot at. And they shoot to kill. That is not what they teach you in the academy. 

- When an unarmed black man is killed, it was his fault. When a white man shoots up a school, it was our fault for not giving him help.

- The prosecutor never asked why Brown was a threat. He never asked examined Wilson's motivation towards the shooting. The PROSECUTOR.

- Darren Wilson admits that Michael Brown did not go for his holster. I didn't say gun, I said holster. Why didn't he go for his holster? Because before the confrontation even started, Wilson had drawn his weapon and had his finger on the trigger.

- The former director of the DEA came out and admitted they were advised by the federal government to target blacks.

- The grand jury does not decide guilt or innocence, they decide whether or not there is enough to charge someone with a crime. 

- There is conflicting stories and evidence as to what transpired that day. That fact alone and no other is enough to indict a man. Think about that. Okay? Actually use your fucking brains and think for a second about that fact. All you need is a single iota of doubt that this person is innocent. If the countless facts I just listed weren't enough, the fact that there were multiple eyewitnesses with different stories is enough.

- A twelve year old was shot in Cleveland; he had a BB gun and was shot within five seconds of the authorities arriving. A man was beaten, arrested, and charged with resisting arrests and assault on an officer in Minnesota after being confronted about sitting in a public area while waiting for his kids; the officers beat him in front of his kids while the man's phone captured the whole thing. A man was shot in South Carolina while reaching for his ID after being harassed and threatened by a police officer. A sixteen year old was shot seven times in the front and back by two officers while leaving a birthday party. A twenty year old in Pasadena, 18 year old in Atlanta, 30 year old in Jacksonville, etc... Diallo, Martin, Dorismond, Zongo, Stansbury, Bell, Barlow, Campbell, Grant, Steen, Tillman, Myers, McDonald, etc... How many fucking names do I have to list? How many unarmed black men have to be killed by white cops, white cops who face NO CHARGES, before you open your eyes. No one is "making this about race", it's always been about that. You cannot look at the facts, look at the evidence, look at everything surrounding this case and the hundreds like it, and say that it is purely coincidental and that everything was handled within the law and without bias.

The prosecuting attorney AGAINST Wilson was Vice-President of the Board of Trustees to his FUNDRAISER.

The NYPD cop who killed Eric Garner just escaped indictment. This man is on video performing a chokehold on a man who is saying he cannot breathe. Use of chokehold is ILLEGAL in New York City. That constitutes a indictment alone. The city ruled it a death by homicide. That constitutes an indictment alone. They brought in back up and used four men to take him down. That constitutes an indictment alone.

The cop who shot the 12 year old boy in Cleveland was previously determined to be unfit for duty.
Don't be silly. This isn't about cop hate, it's about people in positions of power abusing of it.

Who watches the watch men? They can't be trusted to watch themselves. 

If cops are honest, good men, then good for them, all the honor to them and it is a shame if they die in the line of duty.. but how does that somehow make it okay that they go and kill random citizens over petty nonsense like selling individual cigarettes? 
He was being punched. Basically, if Brown (who I assume you are talking about) was the angel people claim him to be, he would have not resisted arrested, would not have punched an officer, and would have not been selling cigarettes, stealing from and shoving an innocent business owner, and wouldn't have been high on marijuana. 
This isn't just about the officer. What do you want, anarchy? Because if there's gonna be peace, we're gonna need some form of government. That's just the way it is. 

And YES there is clearly cop hate if two were just shot and people are chanting the murder of cops.
He does not have to be an angel to have the first right given to him upon birth in this nation.
Nah I spoke of the man who was asphyxiated by police in New York a few weeks after Brown was shot.

Do you think people should be allowed to defend themselves against an officer which is using excessive force? 
The fact is, he shouldn't have been resisting arrest in the first place. Now I realize that the cops probably weren't totally in the right. But negative actions can only lead to more negative actions and Garner put himself in a position where he should have been arrested and yet failed to follow the orders of the police (which were justified). No, he shouldn't have died, but failing to comply with authority will only cause enormous problems on an individual and even the citizens of that city.  

Now in this specific case, I'm not saying that the officers were totally in the right. But Garner wasn't either. There should be change, from both sides. 
But the destruction that these protests are causing are blowing the issue way out of proportion. It also doesn't help that protesters are chanting for the death of policemen. That's totally wrong, and it can't be justified by these event. It also doesn't help that fairly few people acknowledge the actions of Garner or other blacks who died. They weren't innocent, that's for sure. And I hate to say it, but the black community tends to commit a greater amount of crime then the white community, and they are in the minority. That needs to change, but no one is addressing it.

I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but these events seem to be blown a bit out of proportion, and the media just seems to feed on to it so that people have something to be amused about. That's my opinion, though. 
The police was completely in the wrong. It is plain to see to those with eyes to see.
Thanks for the poetry.
View all replies