North Korea behind SONY hack... just wow.

According to the latest news, the US has found that NK was indeed responsible for the hacks that began on nov. 24
Now we must wait to see how the US handles this problem..
Will "The interview" return to theaters?
Will North Korea be punished?
Will Japanese political issues get in the way?

----talk about it here----
Comments172
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Eh, ignore the last two bozos :iconnovuso: and :iconfluttercommunist:

Besides, The Interview is still going to air in theaters. I just read in on Twitter. Pulling the film might have initially been a marketing ploy, despite genuine anger from the North Korean government :P
to be honest, I tend to ignore anyone with flutter or communist in their name :>
It was a hacker group calling themselves "Guardians of Peace". Where they're from, I don't know.
Okay. Sounds like an interesting name, though.
It's propaganda, from the U.S.
I'm just waiting for someone else to pop up and say, "hey we did the hacking so you guys would go to war and kill each other and stuff!"

Because let's be honest, getting to countries to fight each other is the perfect way to weaken both of them.
Here's another theory which is probably false but wouldn't be farfetched:

What if the hack was carried out by the MPAA? techcrunch.com/2014/12/18/goog…

Hack a studio, throw death threats around, frame another group for it, then rally political and corporate support to push the legislation back through. Considering we didn't even know they were trying to force it through until after the hack I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is fishy as warm festered salmon.
I am surprised that anyone in North Korea would even know how to use a computer. 
apparently everyone else is too
well, now they don't have them... at least for internet
Seems to me like North Korea is suffering some 'tiny penis syndrome.' They need to compensate by showing how much damage they can do on their Atari 800. 
"Atari 800" 
I lol'd. 
North Korea is crazy.
A plot twist to this weak comedy was if they really did send assassins after Kim.
and it would be even twistier if it was rogan and franco (to punish them for making such a movie)
I'm conflicted on where to shift the blame. On one hand normally only North Korea would be this upset about a film like this whereas other nations would simply ban it from local distribution and the pretend it does exist, but at the same time such a hack doesn't seem typical of a state sponsored cyber attack and is probably just out of their range of sophistication. Perhaps it's hack through Chinese partners but China has been decreasingly pally with North Korea nowadays. 
I'm also inclined to think this may be the work or one or several former disgruntled Sony employees. The attack bares all the hallmarks of a revenge attack using a controversial topic to try and fool everyone into coming to the wrong conclusion. It wouldn't be hard for a former employee to know all the passwords and security measures of a company with such a primitive understanding of cybersecurity.

Also the hackers attempted to extort a ransom out of Sony for this according to recent reports. Could be someone who got laid off wanting to take them down with them or someone shits doing it for the lulz. Either way they'll slip up and get 70 in a 2 by 4 soon enough.
"only North Korea would be this upset about a film like this" Bullshit, America threw a shit fit when Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah came out because they were the villains in the film and Japan is goes apeshit for every WWII that has them as the bad guys...