Ferguson

Ferguson. What do you think about it?
Comments632
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think we have found no easier way to separate those who do not need to exist from those who do. It's unfortunate although not remotely unsurprising the amount of ignorance spewing out of the masses lately regarding this case and the others quite like it. 
According to this article (www.alternet.org/civil-liberti… I have just read, an interesting development to this case is the fact that 'Witness' #40, whose 'evidence' most closely matched Darren Wilson's version of events, wasn't anywhere near Canfield Drive and made her entire story up. She apparently is a white supremacist who has a reputation for falsely claiming to have witnessed other murders.

Here are a couple of other supporting links -
www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12…
www.thesmokinggun.com/document…

Not only did Sandy McElroy testify before the grand jury twice, she was allowed to show what she claimed was her journal from the day Brown was killed. In the journal she said she decided to  travel to a black neighborhood so she could learn to no longer "call blacks niggers."

In the transcript of her testimony, in her back and forth with members of the grand jury, members are recorded as actually stating that they believe she's telling the truth.

What's clear now, and what was actually clear to the FBI and the prosecutors before she ever testified, is that Sandy McElroy wasn't anywhere near Canfield Drive the day Brown was killed and made her entire story up.

Not only that, but Sandy McElroy was on record with the St. Louis police as having lied and concocted fanciful stories in other murder cases in which she falsely claimed to be a witness.

Her inclusion in the grand jury pool of witnesses poisoned the well and her testimony is the most quoted testimony of conservative pundits; Sean Hannity alone has  quoted her at least 21 times in various broadcasts.

In addition to her  calling African Americans "apes" and saying police should "kill the niggers" in the aftermath of Brown's death, she regularly posted comments on various social networks showing her affection for Darren Wilson weeks and weeks before she ever claimed to be a witness.

When Sandy McElroy was called before the grand jury, she had already been thoroughly discredited by the FBI not just as being a poor witness whose recollection is fuzzy, but as someone who didn't witness anything at all and was making it all up for the worst possible reasons. That she was allowed to testify before the grand jury on two different dates and produce fake evidence on her second trip is a scandal of epic proportions. That her testimony has become so popular among conservatives says as much about them as it does about Sandy McElroy.
The article suggests 4 things should happen immediately -

Bullet; Red Sandy McElroy should be immediately charged with perjury
Bullet; Red Sandy McElroy should be charged with creating and submitting false evidence which is a felony in Missouri and in most states.
Bullet; Red Prosecutor Bob McCulloch, who undoubtedly will not resign until hell freezes over and pigs fly, should at the very least explain why Sandy McElroy was called to testify
Bullet; Red A special prosecutor should be appointed and a new grand jury convened immediately.
I don't think that anybody that is talking about Ferguson actually knows what happened there. 
I try not to think about it. The news is too negative and stressful nowadays for me to deal with. 
I'd rather watch the animal channel or something...it's 666 on my Comcast Xfinity channel listing. 
Nobody is telling the truth. 

People are taking advantage of the situation to do crime.
My thoughts exactly.
I side with Officer Wilson. Peaceful protestors have a right to protest but looters should be slapped in irons. 
.... who are actually a small minority of the protesters, and the majority who have been peacefully protesting for months were teargassed anyway. 
Pants up, don't loot. 
And I see you have no productive response so I'm going to assume my point is taken. 
You're point doesn't matter. My only point was that the looters should be arrested. What you said was not a counter of that, at all. 
I blame Eric Holder.
Replace Brown with Eric Gardner, and then the protests would make sense/be justified. Thank god the latter was not overshadowed by the former.
then again if it were mike brown murdering eric garner, or eric garner murdering trayvon martin; nobody would give a damn. blacks kill eachother at a rate which is almost inconceivable, but it is only news worthy if you can slap a slogan on the dead mans body and sell it to the white liberals who have enough free time to camp out in some park and protest "capitalist oppressors"
I agree. The incident with Eric Gardner was far more potent and deserving of a mass protest. The cops could have just moved him along and not escalate things to such a terrible conclusion.
Oh yeah. Even if he didn't die directly because of the chokehold, there was no need for cops to have done it in the first place.
Feels like today, Rosa Parks might be choked, tasered, maced, or shot to death for failing to follow the bus drivers instructions and give up her seat to a white man who got on the bus after she did.
If the bus driver was a policeman holding a gun on her, she was a 6 ft+ man, she had just robbed a store, and she charged said police officer, she might have been.
They shoot kids with toy guns in parks, and mentally disturbed people who are doing nothing but shouting outside their house ...they are capable of anything, don't be too sure of yourself because you're white.
I'll remember that next time I pet play in a public park with a toy gun or scream outside my house like a lunatic.
indeed, so you should. It might be worth investigating under what other circumstances you might be shot and killed. Traffic infringment, jaywalking, littering. It's starting to look like cops will shoot to kill, as likely as not, if one is black, regardless of the behaviour.

Oh, and the guy shot and killed outside his house was shot by an off-duty cop before the (already called) negotiator had any chance to arrive and deal peacefully with the issue. Some cops obviously would rather shoot crazy folk than mow their lawn.
Well, the feminist solution would be to teach black people not to commit so many violent crimes. Until that (never) happens I'll stick with actually obeying police orders.

Until there are more than 5 unjustified deaths a year in areas that aren't historically violent towards police involving races that aren't historically violent towards police, I won't be worried.
Actually the feminist solution would be to teach the fucking police to control themselves and learn that not all black people are violent thugs.  Also to decondition white people of racism and make them more aware of their white privilege.
View all replies
good for you. How do you know what a feminist solution would be? Are you a feminist?

If so, amazing ...I always pictured you in my mind's eye as a blond headed blue-eyed, cross-eyed boy in bib and brace overalls off some Deliverance back porch.
View all replies
Annoyed that they keep focusing on this guy, where there's muddied waters, and not clear-cut cases of police wrongdoing where they got off like Darrien Hunt, Tamir Rice, and John Crawford.

THOSE should be the national headlines makers, but the media wants to encourage riots by convincing the police they dindu nuffin wrong so they picked up on the guy who was big enough to be 'scary black man' to middle America. If he was as non-threatening as Darrien they would never have picked this up.