Australia joins the Burqa banning business

www.smh.com.au/federal-politic…

Didn't expect my prayers to be answered so soon.

"But Senator Lambie insisted the burqa was not a form of religious expression. "If you're talking about wearing the burqa it's not a religious item. If you read the Koran, it's not in the Koran," she told reporters on her way into Parliament."

Check out some of her quotes on the internet.
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
While it does not specifically state in the Koran that women should wear burqa, modest dressing is a command (and that's where it gets subjective with cultures. Questions like how modest? Does this dressing qualify as modest and so on).

Also, your title is misleading.
It's not banned.
Did you even read the article? 
Good. Now let's also ban those obnoxious megaphone towers.
What a misleading topic title.
Burqa bans, whatever... could we PLEASE do something about wearing socks with sandals? :stare:
Or scarves when it's not cold. Or anything with the label OBEY in it! :stare:
...or those stupid x-ray vision glasses and caps with propellers on top.
Well the last ones are only worn by little kids :lol:
...there should still be a law against them. Why should little kids miss out on the attention of the  'clothes you are not allowed to wear because we don't like them' faction?
I want hairy people to cover ass cracks.
I've never read the Koran, don't even plan on it, but IF it really is not in the Koran, then it should not be given a pass on religious grounds, and especially because of the increasing demand for security and ID's in this world.
I've actually read the entire Koran and there isn't any part about wearing certain type of headdress for women.It's just a bunch of people with terorristic ideas that promotes using the Burqa.
It is a misogynistic in my opinion, and I don't use that term loosely by any stretch of the imagination.
I would suggest putting the husband and parents of a woman wearing Burka in prisons with the highest in prison rape statistic so they get to know what it feels like.
Burqas are a pain for IDs in a world that is adopting a greater emphasis on security and ID systems. I personally don't consider Burqas to have any justification considering their somewhat "misogynistic" purpose.