Ebola and corporations

[*Edit: I have edited this post, since most of what was said was very ignorant, and I feel quite ashamed over most of it *]

I just have some questions regarding how corporations should deal with epidemics.

So, I'll start with giving some information of what I know:

*edited out*

*A time ago (with a date I had trouble pinpointing), Microsoft bought the popular game "Minecraft" for about $2.5 billion. A sum which shows how much money a company like Microsoft holds.

A company relies on making investments who in turn turns into profit; It relies on placing money, where profit can be made.

When human lives is at risk, and a disease is threatening to spread across the globe,
Should a company like Microsoft take a financial hit, donating large amounts of money, to save a massive amount of people? I mean, a gigantic part of our economic resources comes from companies and their shareholders, and if a catastrophic event would take place, would this happen or even be possible?

*Again: edited. Some snippets of my ignorance can be found below, if your'e interested*
Comments46
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
To avoid being infected by Ebola, avoid contact with your TV and all strains of mainstream media. Sorted.
Ponified Ebola-chan by mushrooshi

T-SHIRTS! What if someone sold ebola chan t-shirts and used all the profits to help fight ebola? 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxNyf…

Pic related is the actual Ebola-chan. Don't believe these horsefucker lies.
i.imgur.com/YEY0oup.png
That would be so cool! I don't like the virus in general but, who ever drew her design is genius! I would be T's if I had the money but...no job here... :iconcryforeverplz: 
no job for me either. 

quagmire by PT010189
hug I would do PayPal commissions like most artist on dA but, I'm a bit sketchy on PayPal. Like, I've heard good things and bad things about it so, that's why I'm in the middle for it to even reconsider using PayPal.

And where on the same page. 
ya paypall seems a little sketchy but people swear its secure 
Best. Idea. EVAR!
I'll do the sewing, you do the selling! Oh, man; we're- ...I mean, Ebola is going to be rich!!
If you sell Tshirts of the pony version I will fight you IRL.

(No dA, not a serious threat, pls don't ban me again)
Dang, someone found out of our amazing marketing plan... oh, well; ya' can't have everything in life...
here's something to wrap your brain around...

if the flu vaccine introduces various strains of flu into your body, to stimulate antibody production, producing symptoms of the flu...

will this upcoming ebola vaccine introduce live ebola to stimulate the body to produce antibodies to fight it, and if you become symptomatic because of it, will it be transmittable? If one person of your family get a shot, and the rest don't will that person be able to transmit it? And what's your defense?...I caught ebola from my family member because they took the shot and transmitted it, or, well you got sick because you didn't take the shot.

even if you don't think the vaccine corporations would introduce live virus to the general population, you have to ask yourself, how will you ever know what's in it, without being able to deconstruct it individually, and if it's not an ebola strain, what is it...a mimicker? Classy.
no it doesnt work like that although the general theory is correct the body upon producing the antibodies generally becomes noncommunicable in all forms the Tibetans were the first to use vaccines they actually ate small pox scabs and they never became communicable by the same train of thought ive never (as a medical perfessional albeit at the lower but more susceptible end) of a flu vaccine becoming communicable unless they actually contracted the flu
Ebola is just a pawn in another political game. Ebola gets a bad rap.
Ebola is today's scapegoat, it's the Kony 2012 of 2014.
A symptom of a greater issue?
Yes.
Too many people.
Terrible resource management.
Political bullshit.

Something goes wrong blame a group of people or momma nature.
Not too many people. Just terrible people management. A single arcology would be great for Africa. More than one would be even better. I suggest we build several non-euclidian Darco.

Yes, the resource management of the lands is terrible. But that leads into the third point. :la:

Something does indeed go wrong when people can't see the blindingly obvious.
I have not giggled this hard in a while. Can I get a package deal?
Holy moly! I bet one could infiltrate the Pentagon with that kind of equipment!
did you know that aluminium actually disperses atomic fallout's molecules and more evenly distribute the radiations effect actually causing more damage to soft tissue
btw im drunk and that was poorley written but the truth'
Dude even though it is his foundation bill and Melinda do not decide where the money goes and how much of it is relinquished further more on the same note it falls on executives to decide how much things are bought for, while i agree minecraft is not worth a billion dollars, microsoft is not run by bill and has not been for decades.
you understand life is unfair yet you lack the comprehension on how the system works, it simply goes like this 
THE FOUNDATION IS SET UP TO AS A TAX BREAK.
BILL MAY CARE BUT THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY OWN AND RUN THE COMPANY AND THE FOUNDATION ONLY OPERATE IN THEIR BEST INTEREST.
 As far as ebola goes?
Ebola has existed since the late  sixties?(been a while since I picked up my medical books and I am too lazy to be correct)  Right at about the time we were perfecting our augmentation of single cell RNA/DNA structures  and genomic sequencing. Mind you, AIDS came out a decade and a half later in the same region. Ever wander why poverty stricken Africa has the most infectious diseases popping up left and right?
NO
 we did not fuck monkeys... ok well maybe we did but thats not how a viral/bacterial/fungal diseases mutate. WE DO IT. The treaty of Versailles and the Geneva convention are so we don't rise up and eliminate the powers that be. 

WE just got caught (THE U.S.) stockpiling NUKES to apparently take down comets and asteroids hahahahahahaaha Mathematically that is bullshit.  you have a better chance of catching a buffulo with chopsticks

COMPANIES DONT GIVE A DAMN DUDE. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY.
Thank you for not making me feel exactly as stupid as the other comments; but you are right in my lack of comprehension of how the system works... Should probably have done more research - lesson learned.

I have a fair bit of knowledge of how diseases evolve and spread though. It's done by the capitalists and lizard people, right?