Talk about it - Terrorist

So...

I was just wondering. What do you guys think of this ISIS situation?

I've been having an unbelievable amount of stress after finding out about all they've done over in the middle east. Seen the videos recorded too.(Not the beheadings luckily.) And it's utterly gross how evil they are.

So what do you guys think about this? Are they a serious threat to the world? Or are they just another terrorist group?

((If this is in the wrong thread, I aplogize.))
Comments93
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The Isis is wrong! What did they say that made hundreds of people from all over the world want to go and join them??? Can anyone tell me??!
The only caveat is we actually need a solid plan to dislodge them before we jump into a war. It won't do us any good to be stuck occupying the Middle East forever, and it certainly won't do us any good to launch a whole bunch of airstrikes that can't kill them fast enough to keep up with the recruiting campaign they'll inevitably launch off of US involvement. We need a real plan that will actually send them on the run.
I gotta agree with you on this one. ISIS is a threat for sure, but our current strategy is exactly what they've been waiting for. Military intervention on the part of the U.S. will be a huge PR victory for them. 
ISIS is like the Mujaheddin of the 1980s. Not anywhere near a threat yet, but the longer they're allowed to continue operating, the more dangerous they will become. Their philosophy of religious conquest suggests that if they continue to control territory, it's only a matter of time until they launch a terrorist attack against us.

Ron Paul is wrong to suggest that we should wait for that attack before doing anything. Rand Paul is correct, where he argues that ISIS threatens the US philosophically, verbally, and it's only a matter of time before they threaten us materially. Hence, a war against ISIS is justifiable for the sake of national security.
The major difference is that there is a significant support by Muslims worldwide this time and they actually like the idea of a worldwide Islamic Caliphate.If the US invasion fails, it's going to create a situation where every Muslim is a potential terrorist due to the positive reaction to the idea of a Caliphate.
who says??  What support do you find for this view?

Where have you seen/read that - 'there is a significant support by Muslims worldwide this time and they actually like the idea of a worldwide Islamic Caliphate'.?
ISIS flags are being flown in every country with significant Muslim population this time.

EU countries, US, 1/2 the middle east, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, etc.You can find them on youtube, ISIS members and supporters fly the flag outside parliament in England every week.
Do you have proof of this?  Why does the fact that a number of ISIS supporters fly a flag mean that there is significant support (to me significant actually means a big number, a large proportion of the muslims in each country).

Indonesia has 202.9 million muslims. How many of them have been flying the ISIS flag?

The UK has 2.7 million muslims. How many of them have been flying the ISIS flag?

The fact that one can search youtube and see even 1000 muslims flying flags at a demonstration does NOT demonstrate significant support. It demonstrates significant media coverage. Do the maths. If it were 1000 flag-flyers outside parliament, then that maths down to 1 in 2,700 in the UK who are showing support. That is NOT significant support.
It has a lot more members and supporters than any other terror groups and they're almost in every country these days, that causes a bigger problem as their agents and sympathizers in foreign countries could send $ to them or even infiltrate the political system.
Perhaps so. But that doesn't say significant to me.
View all replies
President Assad is fighting a war against ISIS. Why doesn't the US have the sense to support him, rather than the 'moderate rebels' who are sided with ISIS against him?
If we pick a side in the Syrian civil war, we will radicalize the other side, giving ISIS more allies. We need to fight ISIS, and only ISIS, maintaining Switzerland-level neutrality on the other conflicts in the region. 
We need to stay out of it as much as possible, and encourage the Muslims to stay out of our lands. 
You do realize not all Muslims are bad correct? and that not all
of them are ridiculous extremists either? :| (Blank Stare) 
So encouraging others who have done nothing wrong to "stay out of our lands" is ridiculous. 
Not everyone is close minded and hateful towards others over a simple harmless belief. 

Using your logic why don't we just deport all Asians, blacks, and Hispanics
while were at it too (sarcasm) Eye Roll 
View all replies
All Muslims = ISIS

Totally, right?
Apparently, it's perfect logic. While were at it we should also get rid of all the Korean people too because all Koreans have the same mentality and logic as North Korea so we should just encourage them to "stay out of our lands" makes perfect sense! (sarcasm) 

Face Palm emote 
I think the only good ISIS is burned up ISIS dumped in an open grave.

Their leader will be joining them soon enough.

Let's get down to brass tacks here; ISIS/ISIL/Daish/whatever you want to call them are the terrorist equivalent of that school yard bully that's big and scary to the other kids so noone locally will deal with him. Then one of the kids brings in Stelio Kontos and the bully suddenly becomes a massive pushover. ISIL got lucky because they caught an undisciplined, corrupt military with the pants down and scared them off. Had they stood their ground ISIL would have been a very short lived movement.

ISIL have made too many enemies to last long as it is. They threatened to blow up the Kabala. That cube is the Muslim version of the Twin Towers. They should already be putting bounties on these guys heads for that. Noone in the area particularly wants to give up their way of life because some uneducated goatfuckers with humvees threaten to decapitate them if they don't. I'm actually glad that the small minority of impressionable wackjobs in the west are coming out the wood work and falling over themselves to fly to their shithole empire of sand and rubble. They free up space in the countries they left, show their true colours and get obliterated in air strikes. They're gullible cannon fodder anyway, just used for PR and taking bullets so the most hardcore members can live to be airbombed another day. Win/win for anyone not them. We should be openly telling to fuck off considering governments will simply blacklist them if they try and come back and simply take their passports away and arrest them. I have no sympathy for some 17 year old little shit from London who had everything going for him and then decided to throw a nice comfortable life away for some WW1-like romanticized war rhetoric. Fuck him. 

ISIL are really not that great at what they do either. They're not the only group out there, but they're taking credit for most of it.

I do have some reservations on the plan to stop ISIL though. It doesn't seem like it's putting nearly enough emphasis on the arabs who should be leading the charge. The air strikes are starting to work wonders but there's still the need for ground troops to provide the intel. There are some fierce fighters who are baying for ISIL blood. Pity they're not in the fight yet. A good sized force of around 15,000 soldiers would mop ISIL in Iraq quite easily, then let the airstrikes destroy their supply lines and then let Assad do the same on his side. His forces are not as stretched some people imply.
Comment Flagged as Spam
Wouldn't they just rebuild it? IT was destroyed at least twice before. But whoever destroyed it would likely be hunted down and butchered.
Do you know how wrong that reads?  It would be akin to razing the Vatican City with the Pope and all his cardinals inside because of some kiddy-fiddling priests.

What possible justification could you offer for destroying the focus of the muslim faith?
I don't see why you should be stressed. Are you planning to go to these countries?