Ebola: It isn't the end

First, Let's play some music to set in the mood.www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7S0oP…. Well we all know about ebola huh? Sad aint it, but just know this isn't the end of our civilization, it's just a limiting factor. I knew this was coming, I knew a virus would come only to wipe out so many to keep us stable. But know this isn't human extinction. It's not over, never will be. We've come too far to run into this. Just know that this virus will not wipe us out. We will not go down to some puny little germ that mutates to kill us. Mother nature aint got shit on us! At first there seemed to not be any hope for us, "we don't have fangs, we dont have claws, hell we dont even have fur!" But you know something we do have, endurance, intellegience!  We will get through this, we've made it through every God damn thing nature threw at us, because we're not giving up, we're not going down. But IF we are to be the slaves of this virus and we all die out and perish, know that it still isn't the end. We as humans have done so many great things in our time. We left our mark in this world. We made towering skyscrapers, art, paintings from our past, history muesems, and documents and monuments, but not only did we leave our mark on Earth, we left it on the moon.... we left it in the universe. We placed a flag there to show we have the potential to bring peace, to endevour and always find a way, even when others let us down and limited us to our "physical" atributes. We even sent out sattelites to other galaxies and beyond, seeing the wonders of space, and showing other races out there that WE ARE HERE.

Maybe dogs might evolve to take our place as the dominant species, and start from where we left off, and might even make less mistakes than us, but were not perfect, it's what we do, that's how we go here in this world. Or maybe dolphins will evolve to rebuild the remains of our civilization, they have intellect that rivals ours, or even mice, they are one of the most sucessful mamals on the planet! What I'm saying is, there is still hope, not just for us, but for this entire world. We WILL survive! We always made it through tough times, hell we've seen worse, and we still advanced, we still moved on! It's not over my friends, we will make it through. Because nature aint got shit on us!:) (Smile) CURSE YOU! :happybounce: 
Comments49
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm really not too worried about ebola wiping our species out... however, I really don't think it's a laughing matter, either. The last thing I want is to die of ebola, thank you very much.
I have heard one frightening theory from a scientists claiming this disease came from outer space, and nothing from the evolution of species life on earth.   If such a bizarre theory were correct and this thing migrated on a meteor from a shower that crashed into earth then we may be in for some real horrifying consequences.   There are so many things about our universe that we do not understand.   Other forms of life totally hostile and alien to our own survival on planet earth may have the ability to pry and destroy life on earth.    Can you imagine some life form that has a range of survival in heat temperatures that it could travel on meteors or comets with intense heat and actually thrive on those extreme heat conditions, likewise thrive on the destruction of life on earth and all its variants in the history of evolution?
Again maybe the primordal soup theory is correct and some superior beings out there in the universe visited this planet in our life cycle terms of existence that is only a day in their life cycle existence.   They have us as an experiment and have decided seeing the shape of this planet right now and overpopulation and how we are in total chaos that it is time to end this experiment and sent this ebola disease to destroy us?  
Hell no. Scientologists have no fucking clue what they are talking about. Aliens out there don't have the technology to come to Earth or even "create" it. No offense in any way but cut that bullshit out.
"We will not go down to some puny little germ that mutates to kill us"

*cough*BubonicPlague*cough*
if he´s so much over ebola he should go get it and maybe share it with the other optimists. shows that right bitch about doing fake ass politics
Ebola will not wipe humanity out. But something will, one day. We might even do it to ourselves.

You are severely overestimating our greatness. Transformer movies might have something to do with that. :)

"Nature ain't got shit on us!" sounds like the beginning of a Darwin awards story.
There's a big asteroid coming in 2880. That'll probably do it.
Maybe. It has the power to do the job, but the risk of it hitting earth is still estimated to be pretty low (1/300), so maybe not. :)
You are severely believing humanity will one day be wiped out by something on earth. SI FI movies might have something to do with that. We will always advance to overcome new problems. We were created to be put to tests in our lives, and through human spirit we always succede.
More than 90 percent of all species that have ever lived on Earth are now extinct.

Every species alive to day is at the end of a long line of ancestors "overcoming problems". Nothing all that special for humans.

There are a life circle to things. Things just don't last for ever. It's a safe bet that humanity too eventually will go extinct at some point in time. There are many ways it could happen and it is not limited to things on earth. When and how, I don't know.

If we also add the possibility of a "creator" (which I personally don't) there would also be the possibility of it getting pissed of and wiping us out i.e. for getting too cocky.

Just to be clear. I don't really expect any of this happening really soon. I expect to be dead and gone a loooong time before humanity as such goes.
We will always advance to overcome new problems.

Not always and there are many types of problems which cannot be overcome and over which we have no active control.

For instance, if a large solar flare hits our planet we're pretty much screwed.
Next thing you know California will apply more water restrictions for farmers to keep Ebola from becoming extinct.
ur username suits the thread lmaoo
It's never the end

Yeah, that's probably what the dinosaurs also said - and then they got wacked by a big space rock. :paranoid:
They were already in decline anyway, the rock just made it happen faster.
They were already in decline anyway, the rock just made it happen faster.

I wonder if the next intelligent creatures who evolve will say that about humans. :hmm:
Nope. They'll say "assholes done fucked themselves"
Or, "Humans had it comin'!" :nod:
We're not scheduled for a rock. Just enough encounters that the country that lands on one and drills into could be rich.
We're not scheduled for a rock.

Yeah, that's also what some Russians probably thought, until they got hit by a space rock - twice! :paranoid:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska… (Tunguska)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelyabi… (Chelyabinsk)

Perhaps the third time's the charm?
neither actually impacted the earth.  they blew up in the atmosphere.

anyways, we need a much bigger rock than that to produce an extinction event.