the idea of "country" is doomed to fail.

i've been reading about imaginary communities (if you haven't, do yourself a favor and google it before you engage in this debate) and the ideas i gleaned, accompanied by the success of communism and other social ideologies on a small scale (town consisting of 300 people or less), brings me to the conclusion that human beings are incapable of running a country because our brains are incapable of comprehending all of the complexities involved, and we would be happier operating in sovereign communities run by small, local governments.

so, thoughts? this isn't a fleshed out idea, just a jumping point b/c the other discussions going on today are pretty dull.
Comments75
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
this is a perfect idea
the "multiculturalism" of ANY "community" is the cancer on the nectar we are raised, by

I mean no disrespect to you, and I sense none that you aim for me; why is this not enough?
Well what makes a country is usually a common language and culture. I really don't think the whole communism thing will ever work. Communism is based on the assumption that people are naturally good, which we are not. That's why communism will never work. As for smaller governments, I think that those work fine. The Pilgrims of Massachusetts had their Mayflower Compact, and their government seemed to work well. 
capitalism is based on the same assumption.
 I told you.  We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune.  We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.  But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.  By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority.
The notion of country and patriotism is just a manifestation of ego.

Country is doomed to failed because we are all one people, one race. 

Eventually, one we reach the cosmic scale of existence, we will realize how petty our differences have been and we will dissolve these ridiculous borders we have created. Nothing brings people together like realizing there is a far greater map out there
When you came to this conclusion, did you forget that the world is full of countries that function just fine in spite of all of their complexities?
not any that aren't exploiting people.
Exploiting? What do you mean by that?
first world countries cant exist without third world countries' labor in the current economic system.
Yeah, because businesses will always try to use the cheapest labor that they can find. It's more of a problem of economics than government. 
It is kind of like that already ^^;
not even remotely. once more, federal government trumps local and state. please do the reading before replying.
yes, but each small sector of government has its own autonomy, the federal government is of course on top of all to coordinate larger national programs. 
yes but our government has expanded its control signficantly since its conception.
What kind of freedom do you want, that you currently don't have? Why do you feel controlled?
if i were a gay, i couldn't marry a woman and receive federal benefits. i cant marry more than one consenting adult partner. i cant legally identify my gender as anything other than male or female. i cant legally buy drugs, which would erase the black market on them and overall cause a decline in crime and arrests. i can't go around topless as a woman (which is only our cultural norm). i can't open a business without jumping through expensive legal hoops. i cant receive a public education as good as someone living in an affluent area, when public education was meant to ensure everyone gets an equal opportunity. my government spends more on its inmates than its students (30000 vs 8000) and its against the law to take my own life, spmething which intrinsically belongs to me.

i could go on.
but those laws are in place to protect you and protect society. If everyone turns into a gay polygamist drug addict... It would be the end of the world :nuu:

People need to live healthy productive lives :aww:

About being topless.... there are many places where it is legal to show your stuff :eyes: like your bedroom, the strip club, nude beaches... etc... etc... My webcam ;)

smart people always get scholarships to the best universities :)

However, when it comes to inmates I agree, our systems doesn't work. They need to be euthanized. No need to keep criminals unable to rehabilitate alive :no:
Comment Flagged as Spam
100% agreed and beautifully put. thanks for taking the time.
If such groups were isolated, it would probably make achievements exponentially harder to reach - you only have so much work force available for use and so much aggregate expertise that can be employed.

On the flip side, if you maintain relations with other groups, you'll eventually get bigger and bigger constructs - and that requires coordination and leadership.

I won't say that we must keep our current systems, but the pace of our progress (as well as our ability to deal with larger, more dangerous issues issues) depends on how well we can manage large groups of people in a fashion that everyone involved benefits.
i was actually talking about that with another commenter, and i was hinking that a smaller federal government accompanied by stronger local governments could be a potential solution. b/c scientifically and academically, we have progressed very significantly and i don't want to lose that.
Would the limits be intended to be universal, or would different groups get to draw that line in different places?
definitely not enforced.
The Pilgrims tried that, and failed miserably.