Marijuana does kill afterall.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/th…

29 year old Jason Westcott was alleged by a  tip off to have sold $200 worth of weed. Yes... $200 worth. So of course, the only method of dealing with this terrible threat, was to send in the SWAT team. Forget the fact that Mr. Westcott was told by the same police department to "shoot to kill any intruders" over an unrelated issue a few months prior.

The good news is, 0.2 grams of this deadly drug is now off the streets. Out of the hands of someone else who could be potentially murdered by the police.

Long live the war on drugs!
Comments208
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
lol. Welp, the world gets lighter everyday, no?
Just because police are being dumbasses doesn't  mean that marijuana is any more lethal. Weed is not bad for you. I smoke more than once a week and I still have straight A's in my college prep high school.
Overthrow the dangerous, corrupt government 
If only it were that simple
Well, I think the important thing is that people are completely delusional, there's a possibility that everyone is misinformed on this topic. Wherever there's misinformation there's conspiracy theories. Just think about what it is you're talking about without the whole story and injustice behind it for a second, all of a sudden, it's just this plant that's growing. And we grew lots and lots and lots of it before the marijuana tax act, because it's basically the same as hemp, only hemp is bigger because it's collected for the fiber to make canvas and paper. You have to think about what you would know if you were looking at these plants.  

So if we're growing all of this marijuana, tax act or no tax act, how are we going to get rid of all of this marijuana? You ever tried to pull up plants from a garden? They come back. Somehow hemp sneaks around. I see hemp stuff. That stuff doesn't just disappear because there's a law, and the cops don't have psychic powers to know what you do in your private life. 

So what are people really fighting about? That's the question I really want answered. It makes me laugh to think they'd actually be fighting about cannabis. Maybe they are upset that they're using foreign words, but maybe not. Really, the real answer could be completely insane. Why are we hearing about violence related to this?   

Why does the government have a drug system that doesn't make any sense? Why is ketchup a vegetable? Because of the government. Ketchup is a sauce, and tomatoes are a fruit. But it doesn't matter, they did it so they could say schools were serving enough vegetables in school lunches. but america have to argue, which america does, it has a two party system where two complete assholes vie for the public eye.  What is a politician but someone who is an expert at kissing ass? Where in this specialty does it say "I have a specialty in knowing about herbs?" Nowhere, because it's their job to kiss that guy's ass, and they're doing a lousy job at that obviously. 
I'm not even pro drugs but what you are saying is false. He died because he was shot. As in by guns.
If anything this story highlights the need to decriminalise drugs if this is the kind of deadly response that police feel fine dealing out.
It's marijuana, a drug that is illegal at the moment.
There is a big debate on whether or not to legalize it, because although it is a recreational drug, it also has its medicinal purposes.
Many people believe that if it is legalized, then people will stop seeing it as such a big deal, and thus won't kill over it or have gang wars over it. It's more complicated than that, though. I just explained a little bit about it. If I really had gone into it, we'd probably be here all day.
If they legalize weed, will they dip it in the same cancer-causing chemicals they do with normal cigarettes?
I would not be surprised,  After all those chemicals are what allows them to put less tobacco in a cigarette while maintaining the same high.

I am just happy I do not smoke because I have seen what is in those things and there are chemicals in them that if I owned a factory and let those chemicals into the river the EPA would slap me with fines.
If I ever smoke, I would look into growing my own material instead of paying arms and legs for tobacco that's been dipped in God knows what
Hence why I grow my own Tobacco.  

The taste is a 180 degree difference.   
As long as you can grow it yourself, that wont matter. 
I guess that makes sense
Just stay away from the family-value weed bags in walmart once the corporations get their hands on the marijuana industry. 
I hope the war ends and we decide on one thing. It'll be banned.
I'm pretty sure the Beatles were high everyday.
It's odd. Some people do everything wrong and are ok. Some do one little thing and are down.
Honestly this wee stuff should be BANNED! It's killing innocent people and the takers are killing innocent people cause they don't know what is what.
It's a troll. Don't waste your time :)
Lol, either way she shot herself in the foot with her cancer claim. Even anti-drug organizations agree that pot doesn't contribute to cancer (or at least not to the degree that things like smokes and uncooked fiddleheads do).
I'm not trolling. It really should be banned. I've heard that they're now putting them in foods and the thing is that it takes slower to come into effect and people will eat so much that they start hallucinating and die!

And if u object then I think you are stupid or trolling.