Was mount rushmore built on a racial premise?

"consider the seemingly calculated insult of Mount Rushmore. The leaders of the people who have broken every treaty with my people have their faces carved into our most holy place. What is the equivalent? Do you have an equivalent?" - White Plume to Alexander Fuller and Aaron Huey, In the shadow of Wounded Knee, In the spirit of crazy horse Rebirth of a Sioux nation- National Geographic Cover story, august 2012 

Should Mount Rushmore be removed? If so,How?- should it be left to rot, with no more efforts to conserve it?Or should it be detonated?  

Crazy Horse- was built off the likeness of crazy horse's son- not himself, did not receive native american approval, and is still not yet complete even after taking thrice as long to build as mount rushmore. Thus does the Crazy Horse memorial compensate for the actions of Mount Rushmore? If not, Why?  

Sidenote:  Mount Rushmore was made by Gutzon Borglum- who was also a member of the KKK- and built several statues comemorating confederate heroes.
Comments101
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
...Who cares? They're just pieces of rock. 
*holy mountains, not pieces of rocks.
No, it was built on a mountainside.
Why does everything come down to Native Americans with you?
Because they were robbed from their land, their liberty and often their lives for a bunch of alcoholic egoistic peasant colonialists and their whores and we should never forget (forgive) that?
I hope that Crazy Horse does not get finished. As you mentioned, it was not approved by many Native Americans and considering how Crazy Horse was (from oral stories and what not), it's highly doubtful that he'd want a likeness of himself built. I have no feelings towards it but considering that the area is a spiritual place for the tribes in that area, I do not care for Mount Rushmore and will never visit this site to see "Mount Rushmore".
I don't think it should be removed, so much as its "importance in society" be revoked.
so you agree with my first proposal, in that it should be left to rot?
I wouldnt say let it rot- I just say let it stay.
without mantience? that would be letting it rot.
Would you agree with the proposal of having no further maintaince on it so that it will erode over time? That would solve the problem of exploding it.
Nah, its one of the great marvels in the world and people prize it including myself.
People can build whatever monuments they want. :shrug:
dude just wants Odumass on there
Monuments go to the victors.

And Crazy Horse is a private endeavor. No approval necessary from any group. 
besides his real name translates into unmanageable pony
That would completely contradict what I was saying.
the success of the white race really pisses people off
Comment hidden