im gonna try something here

townhall.com/columnists/larrye…

read the article, let me know what you think, then I'll respond
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
How about locking this thread for lack of a proper OP?

LOCK PLEASE. Nothing to discuss here.

Posting a link is not enough.
Fact: Lyndon B. Johnson backed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed many forms of racial segregation. Therefore, in this case Malcolm X was wrong, the Democrats did help the Civil Rights Movement. This article seems to conveniently forget that crucial fact, as well as which political group ahemconservativesahem opposed the bill.
You finally unblocked me :dummy:
He did the same to me!
infinitetolerance unblocked somebody? THE WORLD IS GUNNA END!!! :iconohnoesohplz:
God help us all. 
That's all I thought while reading that article.
Malcolm X rejected the Civil Rights movement and political system as a whole ("Americanism"), not just the Democratic party as Larry Elder would like us to believe. Malcolm X was not pushing a Republican agenda by any stretch of wild imagination.
I get the impression that Mr. Elder is cherry picking statistics and misinterpreting history to promote his own agenda.
thx for post

I get the feeling that Malcolm X deserved to die.

Did he view whites as the enemy?
Everyone deserves to die, and everyone will.
Did you just give me a death threat?

lol jk
No. lol

Just sayin' that everyone was specifically designed to eventually age and die, therefore we all deserve to die by right of what we are.
Ah, Zokman, how have you been?
Malcolm X, from what I've read in the past, actually wanted segregation to continue. He was beyond controversial, and yes to a large degree he did view whites as an enemy.
He certainly pissed off a lot of people, many of them black. He was a black nationalist, separatist and believed in the establishment of self-governing black communities.
Would he say he is against segregation?

Cuz im sure he could find lots of white allies if he was for it.
He wanted his own brand of segregation, keeping blacks and whites separate. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_se… - scroll down a little here, there's a chart comparing Malcolm X with Martin Luther King Jr...diametrically opposed.
X must have been an idiot

"justice and equality by any means necessary."

segregation isn't equality
Yup. Aside from the obvious appeal of being a militant fighter for the black cause, I don't think he accomplished much if anything positive or lasting.