should Andrew Jackson be removed from the twenty dollar bill due to his treatment of native american

Considering that he forcefully removed.thousands of native americans from their homeland and committing near-genocidal acts, is it time we stop honoring him? Who should he be replaced with? Kennedy? Crazy horse? Martin Luther king?or someone else?

- wraith
Comments521
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah, replace him with Martin Luther King Jr.
Replace Jackson with Reagan!!!!!
Reagan was cool and hip with the 80s generation...
Native Americans should be greatfull for what America gave them. We gave them civilization, Christianity, booze, last names, and scalping. 
if something offends then don't use.  I know a lot of Native Americans who don't use the bill.  what's the point of recalling the said bill and printing up a whole new one.  yes, Jackson was very bad against the Natives but that's how things turned out.  first friends, wanted the land and then pushed them further to obtain said land.  it wasn't right, but if something different took place of merging into societies things could have gone better.
Yes, he should be. He wasn't a very good person at all.
Then we would have to remove all other presidents.
I wanna know why all these presidents are still on it when they're all dead. Hamster 65 
replace him with an image of jesus
Not everybody believes in Jesus and it would cause a huge war between Americans.
'huge war'
only between butthurt atheist neckbeards who can't do shit.
Nobody has the same faith as you, bible thumper. 
What in the Lord's name did you just say about me, you little sinner? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in Ministry school, and I have over 300 confirmed conversions. I am trained in the Baptist religion and I'm the top missionary in the entire Christian world. You are nothing to me but another infidel. I will teach you the word of God with the largest gospel choir that has ever been seen, mark my words. You think you can get away with rejecting Christ? Think again, sinner. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of pastors and priests across the USA and you're going to be forced to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour, so you better prepare for your baptism, sir. The baptism that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call atheism. You're Christian soon, sir. I can teach you anywhere, anytime, and I can preach in over seven hundred languages, and that's just off the top of my head. Not only am I extensively trained in reciting the bible from memory, but I have access to the entire literature of the Archdiocese of the Americas and I will use it to its full extent to bring you into Christianity, you little atheist. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your heresy was about to bring down upon you, maybe you wouldn't have challenged the existence of God. But you couldn't, you didn't and now you're paying the price, you goddamned sinner. I will teach Christianity all over you and you will drown in it. You'll be a believer soon, kiddo.
1. If you really where all that then you wouldn't cuss and say goddamned because where not supposed to cuss

2. People can do and believe in whatever they want and you can't make them believe differant

3. Bitch please all you speak is ghetto 

4. By the bible having your fucking ass breast out is a sin so yeah top that bitch see you on ho judgment day 
1. nowhere in the bible does it say not to curse.
2.yeah but if it's not christianity they are following then they are sinners.
3.what do you mean by this? 
4.where does it say that?
View all replies
I didn't ask for your life story also and me a sinner? Just because you accepted Jesus into your life does NOT prevent you from sinning. We're all human, we all sin.

Mhm, bible thumper, just what I expected. Religion is a choice, an opinion that everybody sees and it does not matter if I don't accept it because I live my life how I want to, and you aren't living it! I was born a Catholic but I choose Science over religion because it can explain more to me than a bunch of opinionated stories written in this 'Holy book of Christianity'. Just because you read a book called the 'Holy bible' does not mean you are saved, does not save you from sin, doesn't guarantee you're going to Heaven. I could read a book too, after all I do read above my grade level.

You telling me to accept Jesus Christ into my life? You sure need to relearn the definition of Christianity or reread that Bible because you aren't treating me equal like that Holy Bible wants you to. 
"You sure need to relearn the definition of Christianity or reread that Bible because you aren't treating me equal like that Holy Bible wants you to. "
bruh i'm trying to say your bitch ass soul and here you are trying to call me out.
View all replies
No! Not that long haired desert dwelling hippy! Laugh LOL 
the long haired desert dwelling hippy that died for our sins, so you can say stupid shit like that.
can we remove Lincoln from the penny and 5 dollar bill while we're at it?  
Replace him with crazy horse.
Or American symbols of freedom and power?  The Bald Eagle, the American Buffalo, Lady Liberty, the Appalachian Mountains, the Mississippi river, the battleship USS Missouri?  To name a few things.  Canada has the Loonie and the Twonie.

They can't be offensive?
That sounds like a reasonable idea.