"america", "Caucasians"& "semetic" - politically incorrect/misused

I'm tired of people using these,and I feel it's time I let people know: 

1. 26 nation-states are in the americas, and thus "American" beyond the United States, these include: Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Argentina, cuba, Haiti, and the Dominican republic. Thus Mexicans are "American" even before they step foot on U.S. soil.  
  2. "Caucasians":  last I checked the only people who live in the Caucasian mountains are Georgians, Armenians, Azerbaijanis, several stateless ethnic groups, and a few Russians. It doesn't matter if you have white skin, if you did not come from the Caucasus mountains, you are not Caucasian. 
3. Anti-Semitic is not too much a concern, as most anti-Semites hate basically everybody's not white, but its often misused: Arabs and Malta'nese speak Semitic languages and are thus Semitic people, so Palestinian terror-mongerers are not anti-semetic, as they are Semitic themselves. 

Anyyways thanks for listening and sorry for ranting. 

-wraith
Comments400
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think this post has become antique enough for it to be abandoned.
Anti Semite is just a word israel uses to insult people who don't want to give them their money. Greedy bastards. I have no problems with Jews, but israel pisses me off.
"American" sounds better than "United Statesian"
We should rename the United States of America to The United Provinces of North America or T.U.P.O.N.A for short.
I think thats a fine idea.
1. The USA is the only nation that puts AMERICA in their title. Thus AMERICAN is a descriptor for the NATION that is labelled AMERICA. And by the way...there is no AMERICA. There is North America, South America, and the Americas (which is a combination of North and South continents) Canadians aren't Americans. They are Canadians as a national descriptor of Canada, and they are North American as a descriptor of their continent.

Just as a West Virginian is not a Virginian. 

2. It is just a term. Originally used as a descriptor for what was thought to be the origination of "white" people. 

3. Anti-anything can be a concern. Especially when you hate people for a race or nationality or really anything beyond behavior and character....and even that should not carry hatred.

In conclusion...why are you so hung up on being offended at every reference to groups of people?
In conclusion...why are you so hung up on being offended at every reference to groups of people? 

Not every reference, just the references that are put out in an ignorant manner.
Like merely showing a headdress or calling people a non-offensive name that through tradition has described them into a certain non-derogatory demographic.
I never said anything about native americans in this specific thread.( I think)
I was giving an example of your philosophy.
The title of this thread was "politically incorrect/misused" not "racist".
This is not your only thread.
View all replies
Wraith, hope you don't mind I just address a small WTF moment with this post.

Hey Fiction, you blocked me for making a simple statement that said that your post didn't bother me? Then went on to insult my post? What gives?
... who are you talking to?
I think he's talking to me and getting immensely ... I almost said "butthurt", but that word is getting overused, and it's really ugly. Not a good addition to the language.

He wrote something, I agreed with it, he referred to what I wrote in support of what he had to say as being "blathering" and I felt that was rather rude, so I stopped talking to him. The amazing thing about this was that he then claimed to be amazed by the response, as you can see above. If he acted like that in the real world, sooner or later somebody would probably kick the living crap out of him. All I did was walk off, and now he wants to whine about that?

* Shrug * Take a number, Saffireprowler. I'll get to you really soon. Or not.
I'm wondering that myself, honestly.
No most anti semitism derives from hated of Jews not other races.
fiction-writing : What the f***! You banned me because I couldn't answer a question on european jewry and it's impact on modern european genetics? I'm sorry but that's not my speciality. If you want to talk about geopolitics, I can do that, If you want to talk about US foreign policy, I can do that, If you want to talk about metaphysics I can do that, If you want to talk about paleontology I can do that. But I'm sorry, I simply don't know everything.
@ fiction-writing : why the hell did you block me? I'm not a troll for god's sake man! I'm here to enjoy art, connect with people of like minds( albeit not too close, due to the natural dangers of the internet), and try to hear other people's opinions( I wan't to know how others think, due to me being so divergent- so I can get a glimpse of what other people are like).
With the exception of those of European descent( I know that there is high percentages of people who deny/underestimate the holocaust in the middle east and India, and of course those people aren't racist in the stereotypical sense.)
Actually, much to my (and their) amazement, most of the ones of European descent turned out to be Semitic, too, when DNA testing was done. This was in the news a few years ago, wraithsith. There was an admixture of Mediterranean European DNA, but the Semitic DNA was unmistakably there.

Doing genotyping based on phenotypes is a risky business. Two populations can resemble each other, and not really be closely related, at all. In the case of European Jewry, offhand, I would guess that the explanation of the resemblance will probably turn out to be as unsurprising as it is stomach turning - protective mimicry. Stand out less, and one will be less likely to fall victim to some mob's xenophobia.

While the current Arab bashing rhetoric would encourage one to think otherwise, the Ashkenazim have usually seen far worse treatment than, say, the Sephardim. Who the DeviantArt system seems to believe don't exist, judging from the spell checking results. :)