Bill O'Reilly Speaks Against Equality

www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly…
(Normally I would never consider using Fox News as a source, but it seems appropriate in this case.)

"Equality is what is hurting President Obama. The left has seized that word 'equality' to push its progressive agenda. We now have income equality, marriage equality, gender equality and on and on and on."
"The truth is there will never be equality in this world that's impossible, an opium-laced dream."

So in this Fox News segment, O'Reilly states that fighting for equality is pointless because humans will never be completely equal; some people are better at certain things than others, therefore we should give up on equality of all sorts! :iconhahahanoplz:

Where is the sense? Where is the logic? How is Bill O'Reilly still on TV?
Comments205
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
What's so good about equality? What does it even mean? Will men be able to have babies when 'gender equality' is achieved? Are you inferior if you don't believe in equality? Clearly this talk is just silly. 
He's sort of confusing multiple meanings of equality, yea.
Gender is not a persons sex
Actually, the definition of the word 'gender' that you are referring to has only been around for about 20 years. The original definition of the word is identical to sex, but the word 'gender' is more commonly used because 'sex' is also the English word for sexual intercourse. The separate definition was pushed in the mid 80's by feminist philosophies, the goal of which was to eliminate the difference between man and woman through semantics, and set up the argument that gender (and therefore gender roles) are fluid and can be changed by an individual. The transgender movement has latched onto this secondary meaning, and it is the basis of most of its core tenants. A more accurate word to describe what you're talking about is 'gender identity', but that's not less convenient as it doesn't allow the trans movement to argue the semantics of the word 'gender', as it is wont to do.
o.O alrighty then
gender identity it is
*but that's less convenient

Double negative
Whenever bill o'reilly said that...was he looking to the left or touching his face at any point?
The link in the OP has a video.
He kept looking left.he's a liar!a liar!
Because he's found his own little nook full of awful people that agree with him and are willing to give him money.
I think he means we should stop fussing over the "equality" chickenshit. If we were all 100% equal, that would quickly get boring.

That's what I don't like about cultural liberals. They absolutely have to point out all our differences and pit us against each other in cultural wars, treat minorities like royalty and then brand everyone else a bigot.
Idk man I don't see what's boring about me being able to legally change my birth certificate's gender without going to court.
I don't think anybody can do that, not just you.
But nobody else would want to. I Need to be able to do that to live fully as a transwoman.
Do you need to be trans or just want to?
View all replies
Plus that's not true. You can change your birth certificates gender with a court date set up. You also need to provide medical evidence of your transition (which ranges depending on the judge and how agreeable they are when dealing with transgendered persons)
The problem that involves inequality is that only a fraction of states offer this service and there are no federal laws addressing the issue.
To a small degree, that's true. Would you prefer letting discrimination run wild?
All things in moderation.
Oh dear, what has the mighty Bill O'Reilly to say now? (If you didn't get that, I meant to be sarcastic and I am thoroughly disgusted with Bill O'Reilly). 
I think what O'Reilly is trying to convey is the overuse.  President Obama is focused on making everyone so equal that he is failing to see the differences between us.