Rand Paul is positioning himself to be president

He just won the CPAC 2014 straw poll by wide margins, after giving a truly awe-inspiring speech.

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2…
Full speech: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMy0K…

He's not just trying to win the Republican nomination, only to go down in flames like McCain and Romney. Rand Paul is trying to win on the concept of returning the Republican Party, and the entire country, to the philosophy of liberty.

So what do you think? Will Rand Paul win in 2016? Or will the Clinton Empire strike back?
Comments316
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Rand Paul?  I rather have Ron Paul.  :heart:
I want the naked surreality of seeing a Republican presidential nominee say on television that we should just legalize all drugs because FREEDOM.

Come on, Randy.  Beat that Bushclone.
I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a druggie, but when recreational drugs are legalized, it will be a very strong argument for the legalization of medicine.

I suffer from chronic sinus infections that are only treatable with azithromycin. However, if I go to a doctor to get a prescription, their antibiotics guidelines require them to try amoxicillin first. Amoxicillin has never killed off the infections that rampage through my respiratory system, but if the doctor is stubborn enough, I have to go through 2 weeks of that useless exercise before I've proven to their satisfaction that I need the stronger stuff. By that time, the infection has usually weakened, and then regrown stronger than before, spreading to other areas. I've had pneumonia twice in the past 2 years solely because it's illegal for me to get the medicine I know I need without a doctor's prescription.

For the last decade, I've also suffered from chronic back pain. Ibuprofen has never worked for it, yet during my travels in other countries, I discovered that coxib-type NSAIDs work great. Unfortunately, the FDA here in the US is refusing to legalize coxib-type drugs because they've recently discovered that ALL NSAIDs (including ibuprofen) very slightly increase the chances of cardiovascular problems. So now because of a statistical blip and the government regulation of medicines, I'm stuck with my back pain.
Then why support someone who has no intention of getting those things done? 
I care about his philosophy, not his gameplan. Every little bit of liberty that Rand Paul advances improves our society and the chances of implementing of other forms of liberty.
Strange, that's what people thought of Obama too. They didn't care about what he was going to do, just what he said he was going to do.
That's not what I said. I care quite a lot about whether or not Rand Paul is advancing liberty. I just don't care which part of liberty he is focusing on at any given time. 

Obama voters are idiots because they continue to support the guy even though he has been revealed to have lied about his philosophy on many fronts. He is, and always has been, a totalitarian, yet his idiot fans just try to sweep it under the rug and pretend the president has no control over his own administration. 
And here I thought we were coming on the cusp of an intelligent discussion on your part.
View all replies
Damn, that's rough.

Well, here's hoping Rand was talking about those too, and not just weed, coke, meth, and LSD.

I don't vote for Republicans, but if Rand Paul would promise me a world where you can get your coxib-type NSAIDS while i could buy some LSD at the corner store, he'd probably get my vote.

Just kidding, i don't want to do LSD.

Anymore.
Rand Paul for president 2016.
I dunno about Rand Paul, but FUCK Hillary.
Well since you put it that way, I guess someone's gotta 'cuz Bill surely isn't!

Couldn't help it.
I am really hoping that the republicans pick a psycho like him. I am looking forward to Hilary waltzing into office without even trying.
Hilary is no good either.
You're equating support for liberty with psychosis? Are you a totalitarian? 
I don't equate being told who I can marry with being particularly liberated. 
And if you knew a damn thing about Rand Paul, you'd know he doesn't tell you who you can marry. Educate yourself. Knowledge is the most liberating thing of all.
You're soooo pretentious sometimes LOL.

He opposes gay marriage. Not voting for him. Actually, most young people who identify as republicans even support gay marriage now, fun fact. 
He isn't against gay marriage. In layman's terms, he wants to de-legalize all marriage and make it how it used to be, which means you can marry anyone you like because the government has no say in it.
He opposes any government involvement in marriage at all. If you vote against him just because he, personally, would not participate in a gay marriage, then your form of bigotry is far more extreme than that of the people you rail against.
Honestly, its hard to tell until the actual campaigns begin. Hillary's role in the Benghazi incident definitely doesn't help her in winning presidency but...... in reality people won't likely care when it come time to vote. Rand Paul does have definitely have a chance nonetheless.
He could hardly do worse than the moron who's running things now.
The moron who's running things? This is in regards to the United States I'm afraid. There is no one person running things.