February 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 226

The end of the Republican Party

:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Very interesting article posted by Yahoo! News

You need to follow the link to play with the interactive tool to see how the voter base changes and how dire it looks for the regressive conservative party.

By Chris Wilson

Just to get out ahead of the pack a little, I’m going to go ahead and call the 2020 presidential election for the Democrats.

I'm less sure about 2016, though it's not looking good for the GOP. These forecasts are based on extremely simple math: Take the current rates of turnout and party preference for the four major racial and ethnic groups and plug them in to the Census Bureau’s population projections for the 18-and-over population for the next 50 years.

Predictions are easy to mock. In recent elections, however, partisanship by racial and ethnic background has remained highly predictable in the face of countless calamities. The demographics of the electorate are going to change so rapidly in the next eight years that politics will seem unrecognizable, but these party loyalties may very well be intact. This fact is not difficult to recognize whatsoever.

I do not know how to embed that interactive scale into DA journals, maybe someone could do that for the DA Political Forum Club for more in depth conversations?
:icondapoliticalforumclub:

On topic

Until the Republicans and their insurgent Tea Partiers stop being the party of 'No' and drop the overt religious zeal and oppression they're not going maintain influence as the Nation changes around them.

The religious bureaucrats of the right are clearly losing power and influence as more States allow same sex marriage and GOP governors embrace Obamacare. But instead of changing with the times, they dig in and further alienate the larger voter pool to maintain favor with a dwindling zealous core.

The Republican Party is seemingly behind in many categories and are not playing catch up in most of them.

Gay equality: behind
Climate change: behind
Science: behind
Public education: behind
Taxes: behind
Immigration: behind
Voter access: behind
Women's health: behind
Healthcare: behind
Energy initiatives: behind (unless you consider drilling in National Parks an initiative)

:happybounce: [link] :happybounce:

Devious Comments

:iconbtisaac:
BTIsaac Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013
That's awesome. Does this mean the US will no longer have to bother with elections?
That would be the funniest thing I've seen in many years.
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013
Nah. The conservatives will regroup.
:iconaurontsubaki1985:
AuronTsubaki1985 Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I hate to burst your bubble, but the republican party died during the Bush Administration.
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013
I have no bubble.
:iconhatchedfromtree:
HatchedFromTree Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
It's pretty sad to think that democrats may take over. I myself am not republican but rather a libertarian. I hope in the next few years more parties will rise which voice our peoples' opinions accurately. Its scary to think that one party might eventually rule the USA, they would have too much power and power is not necessarily a good thing. I foresee a civil war coming.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013
I find it laughable how quickly Americans just to armed conflict being a result of their politics... No you won't have a civil war, other groups will come in and fill the gaps. Either the Republicans will change out of necessity or new parties will come. Ultimately if one party adapts and the other refuses to, then the one that refuses to should die out, just as with evolution.

The best solution would be to introduce a proportional representation system. Then new parties can come and go, split or form with much more freedom and still get a share of the vote.
HatchedFromTree Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I can agree with that! Proportional representation would be so much nicer.
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
The problems with the Democrats and republicans is the Democrats are less a pile of steaming shit than the republicans. Not too much difference.

Both would wreck the nation completely if given a chance, they'd just do it differently.

Seeing a civil war is just plain dumb.
HatchedFromTree Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Well insulting people who reply to you forum post is plain dumb as well.
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Nah.
Add a Comment: