Freedom of speech issue. Anonymous people have to register their name before speaking?

[link]

What's your take? They want
Comments182
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I can see why they would do this but it's still too much. Unless someone makes a real threat, kills someone else or some kill them self you don't need to know the persons name besides the best way to deal with troll is to ignore them.
Kids are fascinated by things like this. It's old school 'Cowboys and Indians'. For PC sake 'Waring Native Peoples.'

:shrug: Kids had boomerangs, slingshots, that's what they do. Boys do that. What if that poptart gun was a freeze ray?

:iconfacepalmplz: Ok, so we want to ban guns, but teach sex-ed in kindergarten in Chicago? What's wrong with people.

Nice jello-like icon. It's kawaii by the way.
Illinois

Why am I not surprised? It was bound to either be them or NY.
Silverstein ... feinstein ... is anyone noticing a pattern here?

[link]
Sounds just like the ACLU who have been fucking the USA up for decades. Lot's of steins and bergs etc there too!
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. :confused:
*hint* the names are jewish.
Oh, fuck off.
And? Jews get blamed alot for things.
cos they do loadz of bad things?
[link]

According to the Chicago Tribune link given above, the bill has been axed due to the heat Senator Silverstein faced after proposing said law.

I can certainly agree with the individuals who gave him heat. Sure, the common internet commentor typically has the IQ of a dead raccoon and they tend to use the anonymity of the internet to run their mouths without second thought of consequence, it certainly doesn't justify promoting the steps towards censorship or exploitation of those making such retarded statements from a legal point of view.
"Sure, the common internet commentor typically has the IQ of a dead raccoon and they tend to use the anonymity of the internet to run their mouths without second thought of consequence, it certainly doesn't justify promoting the steps towards censorship or exploitation of those making such retarded statements from a legal point of view."

^ This ^

should take the freedom of speech painting by Norman Rockwell and add typical internet speech which should be forever enshrined, like

"i'd tap that".
The Daily Caller is a right wing conspiracy rag on the internet. Try again.
Rolling Stones is left-wing. So you're saying nothing int his is true?
This'll be repealed quicker than you can say "Summer Glau cancels TV shows". All it take is an aggressive counter campaign and they'll be forced to drop it.
Yes, my name is Bilbo Baggins, and I think this is a great idea.
the only good part is when you say "come at me bro" you don't have to bother stating your address.
Some could put "Blah blah street". Heck, use a false ID. I wonder if it's even lawful to force people to do that. Youtube's been rude to people, telling them they must reveal their true Id. Just what we need, more unsecured content to make more id theft.
Odds are any website would be required to legally affirm your identity, meaning you'd be held legally liable if you lied. Now, the odds of you being held responsible for that lie are incredibly slim, but how stupid would it be to get anything, even a fine, for lying about your address on the Internet?
I find it ironic that they want people to prove who they are, yet in the elections, people voted that were illegals, go figure.
I guess I'm confused. Have you suffered a catastrophic head wound recently? Because that's the only way that what you said resembles English.

But in spite of that, using my mighty brain I have determined what I think you meant to say, and I'm still not sure that you make any goddamn sense. Are you upset because the honorable representative from Illinois isn't proposing a new voting law to divest people from their vote?
It's very simple. Those who are want this law, want to know who you are online. Yet, it is ironic, that they want proof of who's behind the computer, YET our government allowed illegals to vote int he election. I'm just saying how corrupt it is, that's all.

I made Godblessed sense.
View all replies