Yet another shooting, this time in California.

[link] A man kills three people and then himself in California. And what caused him to do this? We don't know yet. What do you think the reason behind the shooting is? Do you think this would happen if guns were illegal?
Comments454
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's obvious what caused it. Mental Fargin Health of course. *pardon my language*
Something I haven't seen anyone say yet I'd like to point out (although ~Lexi247 said something quite relevant), the estimated number of firearms in the US as of 2007 according to gunpolicy.org ([link]) is 270,000,000. Banning firearms is NOT going to make 270 million guns dissapear overnight. (Just speculation) It would likely take decades to round up all of them, and in the meantime, shootings would still be happening left and right, and probably more so with many people inraged by full gun control.

And with that said, I'm not even mentioning my side cause dA politics is just mostly full of endless flame :P
Yes, guns won't prevent murders.However, if it's banned, people will have hard time killing in tens and hundreds instead of just one. And US needs better mental healthcare.
Hundreds? Are we talking about gun control or bomb control?
It's called hyperbole
Then that's one hell of a hyperbole. And last I checked when you use hyperbole to make something sound worse than it is, that's fear mongering.
Haha, but who knows? One day, someone could get a machine gun and kill all the people around. I say it's not impossible in the US.
Actually, it is. Fully automatic rifles have been effectively banned since I think the 1980s, and the few that are still around have become RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Really, only collectors have them nowadays.
I don't even know why these topics are brought up so fervently and with oh so much vigor. Your opinion doesn't matter, I'm afraid. Guns aren't going anywhere, your outrage is wasted.
Let me guess: you own a gun?
I sure do. It's funny that you leave an implication as if it's supposed to be taboo.

Let me guess: you're around 18 years old?
I'm 19.
Let me guess: You live in America?
Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time conversing with a kid.
...says the "adult" who owns a gun.
Many adults own guns. Are you slow or something? I don't expect much from 18-21 year olds, but do yourself a favor and try and stick it out through school. More than likely, though, I'm talking to a drop-out destined to be a minimum wager for the first of his life. How does that make you feel?
View all replies
Hmm, you need to watch Nova Science the episode about basically kids or even adults who go on rampages and shoot people. It's very interesting a tad bit disturbing if you have mental problems or just problems.

Basically it explains the columbine shootings and other crazy things. It also answered my questions to why most of this is done by boys, (girls too but mostly men).

In short it is a brain problem. Like one of the columbine kids had some serious depression, he wrote in his diary about how he wanted to die, and how he wanted everyone else to suffer too.

Not all people with problems are going to kill people, I have mental problems. Sure every now and then I think about hurting somebody but I never would do that. Ever.

This one sounds like he had depression or something. He probably just went on a rampage,lost his mind and just took his pain and anger out on the world. For those who have never been blinded by rage, it sucks, it's like turning into a werewolf. Or the Hulk, it's horrible.
This has gotten so out of hand I don't even know if these shootings are real anymore.

You never hear about shootings like the one in Texas a few months ago where the man was stopped by a female officer off duty with HER gun.

Wait? A gun being used for GOOD?! *gasp* We can't have that on the news, it'll prove that not all people who own assault weapons are going to murder us!
I didn't hear about that story. Can you give me a link please?
Even if guns were illegal, I'm sure the person (because they were obviously okay with risking their life) would probably just get a gun out of the country, bring it in somehow, and commit the crime.
It would be very hard for him to do that if he was poor.
I suppose, but if otherwise...
Violent video games.

We could have like, a drinking game with the amount THAT comes up. :<
Clearly America has poor mental health. It isn't the weapons that are the issue. If there were no guns, he'd most likely use something else and honestly, since when did a murderer care about the law? Murders will happen weather it's illegal or not.
I've heard this discussion on the radio before. Maybe we should stop blaming guns and focus on this nations mental health. Then again, you don't hear about these mass shootings happening in a nation like japan. (Are guns legal in Japan?)