Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 453

Yet another shooting, this time in California.

:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
[link] A man kills three people and then himself in California. And what caused him to do this? We don't know yet. What do you think the reason behind the shooting is? Do you think this would happen if guns were illegal?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaurontsubaki1985:
AuronTsubaki1985 Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's obvious what caused it. Mental Fargin Health of course. *pardon my language*
:iconhopeira9:
hopeira9 Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2013
Something I haven't seen anyone say yet I'd like to point out (although ~Lexi247 said something quite relevant), the estimated number of firearms in the US as of 2007 according to gunpolicy.org ([link]) is 270,000,000. Banning firearms is NOT going to make 270 million guns dissapear overnight. (Just speculation) It would likely take decades to round up all of them, and in the meantime, shootings would still be happening left and right, and probably more so with many people inraged by full gun control.

And with that said, I'm not even mentioning my side cause dA politics is just mostly full of endless flame :P
:iconhong-t:
HonG-t Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes, guns won't prevent murders.However, if it's banned, people will have hard time killing in tens and hundreds instead of just one. And US needs better mental healthcare.
:iconspino-by-the-sea:
Spino-by-the-Sea Featured By Owner Mar 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hundreds? Are we talking about gun control or bomb control?
HonG-t Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's called hyperbole
Spino-by-the-Sea Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Then that's one hell of a hyperbole. And last I checked when you use hyperbole to make something sound worse than it is, that's fear mongering.
HonG-t Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haha, but who knows? One day, someone could get a machine gun and kill all the people around. I say it's not impossible in the US.
Spino-by-the-Sea Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Actually, it is. Fully automatic rifles have been effectively banned since I think the 1980s, and the few that are still around have become RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Really, only collectors have them nowadays.
:iconhuberstein:
Huberstein Featured By Owner Mar 26, 2013
I don't even know why these topics are brought up so fervently and with oh so much vigor. Your opinion doesn't matter, I'm afraid. Guns aren't going anywhere, your outrage is wasted.
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Mar 31, 2013
Let me guess: you own a gun?
Add a Comment: