Cigarettes - not as safe as marijuana

Marijuana is a medicine!

So, isn't this the dagger in the back for anti-weed people?

*Filters will be in a pack of marijuana cigarettes*

*marijuana cigarettes will be cheaper than normal ones*

Seriously.

If cigarettes are more dangerous than marijuana, WHY SHOULD MARIJUANA BE ILLEGAL?

Oh yeah, and marijuana doesn't impair driving. The marijuana use rate is the same of the normal population as it is in accident victims.
Comments171
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why filter it? It doesn't have any tar in it as cigarettes does.

I can go with making it legall if it:

will only be served at a type of a bar where you can order a small amount of marijuana and smoke it in a room at the bar.

will be used as medicine for the people that actually needs it as cancer patient.

Also read some of these, mate:
[link]
Only at bars? Really? I'd say that's more dangerous than letting people buy it at a tobacco shop because after they buy it they bring it home and smoke it in privacy.
God damn, how baked ARE you now? :lol:
I haven't smoked for a several months.
You're right. I just smoked heroin, crack, and pcp in one bowl.
Perhaps, perhaps you did :lol:
nope

never did anyone of those drugs

just weed, shrooms, and all the legal ones

You should try shrooms dude.

My first reaction to the high of them: "HOW IS THIS SHIT NOT LEGAL?!"
We ALL know you did those drugs.
I haven't smoked for a several months.

lol
"
*Filters will be in a pack of marijuana cigarettes*"

cold day in hell before I start filtering my precious bud.

also, if you don't want to inhale smoke, there are other ways of taking pot, like vaporizers, and steamers that give you the THC with no smoke or tar.

also, pot smokers smoke far less pot per weight than tobacco. loose pipe tobacco is less than $1/ounce for the really good stuff.
let's be smart about this.

first of all, let's quit it with the 'weed is harmless' approach. it does pose some risks for people prone to schizophrenia and can have a detrimental effect on the brain development of minors.

I still agree that marijuana should be legalized, but if we keep ignoring those 2 risks during debates, they'll keep bringing it up in their counterarguments.

also, arguing that it doesn't affect driving will severely harm your argument; driving while blazed out of your skull is dumb, just like driving shit-faced. If we're going to hold any kind of credibility to politicians, we got to stop pretending like it doesn't affect us at all; otherwise, they'll just call us liars and laugh us out of the debate.

third of all, arguing that marijuana is medicinal is helpful to the cause of medical marijuana, but detrimental to its legalization for recreational use. As much as i'd love to have a MJ card right now, i understand that there are people with incredibly painful diseases that actually need marijuana. I, as a healthy young man, standing next to someone who's dying, and pretending that i know how he feels and pretending that i need it medicinally, is bullshit. It'll make my side look bad, and could even compromise the cancer patients access to medical MJ.

fourth, marijuana, although not physically addictive, is psychologically addictive to an extent. (although at a much lower extent than cigs or booze.) this doesn't mean we'll be sucking dick for joints any time soon, but it does give enough leverage for those in anti-legalization organizations, as well as providing a very concise counterargument. (and face it; those T-Breaks can get pretty tough.)

I am for legalization, but unless we get our shit together and form cohesive, logical, and accurate arguments, we'll just look like a bunch of stoners complaining and scrambling for any excuse to legalize pot.
proof? links? sources? logic? intelligence?
dude; i'm for legalization.

I'm not saying that weed is bad; i'm saying that the people who are anti-pot will go out of their way to make us look like children.

It's easier to argue against "weed is harmless" instead of "weed is safer than booze, cigs, or coffee." if we're gonna win, we got to decrease the amount of leverage opponents can use against us, even if it means agreeing to put an age limit on it and acknowledging that weed isn't broccoli.

(and save the medical talk for legalizing it for medicinal use only. It makes the many who want to use it for recreational purposes look insincere. The best approach would be to say "I want pot to be legal because i want to get high without getting arrested." Honesty matters, and insincerity can lose PR even if the cause is correct.)
sorry dude i didnt read your whole post

but yeah you had some good points.... when i get a campaign manager, im sure we'll talk about PR and stuff
mkay. (although PR starts with the people; we as a group need to have cohesive, convincing arguments that can convince people when spread by word of mouth.)

at this point, we got everything we need as far as research goes to convince the people that it's safe. we just need to let the politicians know we're serious and the public know that weed isn't just for stereotypical stoners.
"first of all, let's quit it with the 'weed is harmless' approach."

sure, but so are a lot of things.

"it does pose some risks for people prone to schizophrenia"
just like coffee poses a risk to those with heart problems.
[link]

if your all about the "pure and healthy" lifestyle, smoking pot might be out of place. So is coffee, so is alcohol, so is everything.

But if your the guy who enjoys smoking cigars, drinking whiskey straight, drinking coffee black, eating your steak rare, and riding your motorcycle with straight pipes, no helmet or sleeves.

smoking pot is probably once of the least risky things you do.
of course weed isn't risky. it's safer than coffee. you're mistaking me for an anti-pot guy; i am for legalization, all the way. I was just saying that some 'points' really aren't helping our cause.

when i said "stop with the 'weed is harmless' approach, i wasn't saying that weed is harmful; i literally meant that when debating with people who are anti-pot, we shouldn't explicitly state that weed is harmless, because some asshat will bring up stats on schizos and kids smoking pot and make us look like liars. it's easier to argue against a "weed is harmless" argument than a "weed is safer than booze, cigs, and coffee" argument.

i also mentioned a few other popular arguments made by people who are pro-weed that compromise our position.

next time, read the comment you're replying to.
what's funny is nothing you've said in this one is really all that ridiculous. if people actually would do a little research (they won't) they would see that nothing you've said is that strange. weed definitely is useful medicinally and it doesn't usually cause car accidents. those are the only two discernible points i really can tell that you made, and they're both the absolute truth and are supported by ALL the data. oh and also you said weeds more dangerous than cigarettes which is so obvious at this point if you disagree with that you must be completely ignorant.
I'm kind of neutral on the issue of legalizing marijuana. :shrug:
Another thought, maybe it's nothing to do with health but with money. Weed can be grown anywhere and it's no guarantee that folk who smoke it will buy from an "approved" retailer so how can the government tax it? Could be the real driving force keeping it illegal.

Just a thought.
what is with the dope heads wanting their weakness to be legal so they can feel better about themselves
it' more that people in general don't think people should be arrested and put in jail. a lot of people who don't even smoke weed agree with that. and there's also medicinal and industrial uses for cannabis that could be further explored with legalization. so it's more about that important stuff than whatever petty shit you're trying to say there.