Petition to propose changes to YT strike policy

Whom do you intend to petition?
YouTube Inc. and various third-party affiliates, to be listed below.
(Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Aniplex)

What are your expectations upon final presentation of this petition?
Amendments to the policies regarding copyright strike enforcement, specifically the use of descriptive thumbnails and other exemplary objects which fall under the established US Fair Use legislature.

But let me know what you think, and please check out my link below which will include the full summary of the petition.

Link:
[link]
Comments76
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: Closed by request.
Another fucking one.
I would have to say so...
TITS OR GTFO YOU ARE TAKING UP SPACE!
Unplanned YouTube Copyright Discussion w/ Henshin Ikeda

[link]

This live stream was directed at everyone who was questioning the petition, and wanted to know more of course on what the petition was generally about.
(multiple guests were also invited into the conversation)
Totally agree with it, YT policy is like a freakin joke and so hypocritic
The only thing I have a beef with their policies is letting idiots false flagging people's videos and not letting the person who got false flagged to repost the video.
yeah, i see.. other funny thing is is their copyright school part and guess what they used for it? characters from happy tree frieds! ><
Still, that petition isn't going to do squat.
Sounds like you're uploading stuff that belongs to Sony, are you?
Yes, but under fair use I can use it for descriptive purpose.....and i never claim it as mine....
Fair Use does not mean you can just take whatever you want and use it however you want. Stop using it as an excuse to rip stuff off because you can't come up with stuff on your own.
I use the thumbnails for descriptive purpose....the thumbnails are not in the videos at all..

please comes to my live stream to hear us explain:
[link]
That doesn't mean that you have the right to use them. Fair use is complex and several determining factors are taken into consideration for each individual case. It is important to note that fair use is dealt with case by case, there is no "rule" for fair use.

That does not change the fact that you are using material that is not yours because you lack the ability to make it yourself. Stop ripping people off.
I was hoping you could join us in the live stream so we can talk....or at least join us in the comment section.
No. Stop using this to whore out your pages. You obviously have no idea how copyright laws work. You have no idea how private businesses operate. Have you even read the terms of service agreement for youtube or any other internet service for that matter? It's clear that you're just talking out of your ass, and are pissed off that someone is calling you out for stealing stuff that doesn't belong to you. So why would I want to join your little circle jerk of uneducated thieves?
View all replies
Live stream on this issue:

[link]
No one is going to watch it because we're not interested, asleep or not giving a crap.
And this is supposed to be the forum for debates.

Not for advertising petitions.

I dunno why this thread is still open.
Please join us in the live stream if you feel this way..its very crowded right now as it is.
(luv to hear what you really think)

[link]
Don't have Gmail or a youtube account and I'm still not interesting in your livestream because I HAVE A LIFE.
I'm sorry to hear you can't join the live stream, and I feel for ya but we all of our own lives to deal with.
(hope you'll join us next time them)