February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

Turkish delights -- politics on wings

:iconjaakobou:
New Turkish Airlines uniforms raise eyebrows
[link]

The most-criticized parts of the uniforms are the hats. Some have claimed the hats – along with the whole outfit – are reminiscent of costumes in the Ottoman-era TV serial “The Magnificent Century” (Muhteşem Yüzyıl). Hanif said the photos are only sample models and not the real designs. Turkish airlines general manager Temel Kotil has said he has not seen the uniforms and cannot criticize them, but added that whatever THY does, it does with beauty.

Designer Vural Gökçaylı said the clothes do not reflect Turkey. “The clothes look like they belong to Kuwait or Saudi Arabian Airlines. However, they should reflect Turkey and Turkey is not this.”

I don't know... I kinda like the hats.
p.s. I personally spoke with the design company and they assured me the outfit is going to be based in style on the wardrobe of Turkey's Prime Minister's wife: [link]

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines before posting as this does not encourage discussion and should be in your journal. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
HEY EVERYONE GATHER AROUND JAAKOBU WANTS TO SEE ALL OF YOU HERE TO CRITICIZE TURKEY BECAUSE HE LOST AN ARGUMENT WITH ME BECAUSE IM TURKISH
Sorry to inform you but it is impossible to call it an "argument" when the other guy goes "evil Jooos need all the money in the world to massacre babies".

p.s. when you live in a house made of glass. Try not to throw rocks at the animals playing in the yard.
i provided 50 sources for that argument. when you failed to come up with anything and just said "you are the same T_T I makae thrd about u" yeah it wasnt that much of an argument

dude im not even turkish. so fuck off with your brainlessness
You're the brainless, saying "Jews need all the money in the US to massacre civilians".
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lol: in risk of sounding ignorant which I likely am those uniforms are butt ugly.

But yeah that's personal taste, I honestly don't get the controversy but I don't get what's going in Turkey so its probably my ignorance of the region.
I probably should have clarified that, in Turkey, the new Islamic party is slowly making law changes to make the country more religious and give more power to their political party (there's been increasing numbers of officers arrested for sedition and powers taken away from the supreme court with replacements made by the government). The only reason this gets to be a big story in Turkey is because of these changes. Ergo, this is a spillover from politics to the trivial. Hope that clears it up.

see this new thread for more... [link]
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Turkey sounds completely ridiculous right now :[ in risk of sounding mean its moments like this I'm glad I live in Canada which remains a pretty chill country that's largely secular where ridiculous shit like this rarely happens. We're boring but awesome like that.

Anyway I hope Turkey does not keep getting worse because women already deal with enough bullshit even in "free..er" countries like mine, they don't need more countries where its not safe for them to even exist because some men are paranoid brats that can't allow women to exist as equals to them. Nope they just have to take more and more and more and more rights to the point women are basically objects just so they can feel safe from the threat of humans with vaginas having opinions and choices :iconwoooplz:.

As much as I hate Islamphobia because a lot of Muslims are great people this kinda bullshit is just fueling reasons for the west to want to go to the Middle east and other largely Islamic places and bomb the shit out of them out of pure fear that their ways to ruin their countries. Islam isn't really suppose to be a religion anymore sexist then Christianity or Judaism, you're ruining your religion while ruining your relationship with a good portion of the planet while being shitfucks to women for no goddamn reasons besides your insecure pussies that like to use Islam as an excuse to segregate and oppress groups of people.

Just... ugh. I can't.
its criticized by turkish people most lol
Add a Comment: