Statistics

Replies: 363

Drinking Age

:iconxxdabombxx:
xxdabombxx Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Should it be lowered to 18 becasue that's when people are legally adults
Or kept at 21?? (why is that anyways)

I say 18 because 21 makes no sense.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrustyironmonger:
rustyironmonger Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In Utah, the drinking age was 25 at one point IIRC. That is even more fucked up than mandating that alcohol be restricted to 21 and over. There should be no drinking age, no one should be branded criminal for putting something into their own body. No smoking age and no drug laws either.
:iconlexi247:
Lexi247 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
It's that age probably to try to prevent young drunk drivers.

Whether it has been effective or not, I'm not sure. If it hasn't been effective, I say lower it to 18. I think people are more attracted to things if they're not allowed to have it, at least in some situations I've observed.
:iconca-wolf:
CA-WOLF Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well this is the same problem as for guncontroll; taking it away will make more people use it. I say that you should be able to drink at age 10. That way less people will get hurt! Logic!

Btw: Sweden says hi with a drinking age of 18....
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
To quote a friend of mine, "The drinking age should be lowered to 18 and the driving age should be raised to 21."

I sort of agree with that theory. A lot of teens get into car accidents, and drink alcohol. It's nearly impossible to keep alcohol completely away from teens. But if a teen drives without a license, they can get caught and get fined. The stakes are a bit higher in that way. :shrug: Just an idea.
:iconbobbelebien:
Bobbelebien Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
18 doesn't sound like a bad age to be allowed to drink
But then again, 16 is the legal age to start drinking here
:iconkimsy2358:
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
I say prohibition part II.
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Twenty-one is fucking bullshit. I can't believe you live in a country that lets you buy guns, join the army, go to college, get married, move out, all that jazz -- but won't let you drink oh lawdy no until you're 21. I live in a province where the drinking age is 18. It just makes sense. Not to mention, by the time people turn 21 here I find the novelty of drinking can wear off considerably whereas it's just beginning for American young adults (not to suggest ya'll don't drink before you turn 21, that would be incredibly naive).

Here, there is a 0% alcohol tolerance for young drivers I believe. That makes sense.
:iconkimberleyblackstar:
kimberleyblackstar Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Its 18 in the UK (but you can drink wine in a restaurant with parents at any age)
:icondetective-inspector:
Detective-Inspector Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
All your secrets wouldn't be secret for very long at the bar. Especially with your parents. XD
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Drinking age is 18 over heere in europe sweetie ! so there is no need to lower it.
Add a Comment: