Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 162

Humans have consumed marijuana since the begining of recorded history.

:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
[link]

Smoking weed should be normal. Just as normal as having wine at dinner.

We have evolved with the plant. That is why it is so beneficial to our bodies.

It contains all of the essential amino and fatty acids the human body needs, and in optimal ratios.

Humans will continue to consume marijuana as long as we exist. Unless we discover something with a better high.

Banning marijuana is like banning pets.

What do you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondarksilverflame:
DarkSilverflame Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Humans have murdered each other since the beginning of recorded history.

It should be legalized.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013
lol

so simple

so fun
:iconca-wolf:
CA-WOLF Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is what your brain will look like in 5 to 10 years if you smoke weed 4 to 5 times a week: [link]

Smoking weed 2 or 3 times a moth wouldn't be that bad though...
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
No, marijuana does not decrease intelligence. It may a little bit in a heavy smoker, but after they quit, they get back to normal.
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
you dont get those acids from smoking it retard, if i smoked a fucking apple i wouldnt get the nuterients in it would i now.
DUH!
:iconkimsy2358:
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
Humans have been killing themselves since the dawn of recorded history, you should try!
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
You should really use some better arguments. I see this shit every other post.
:iconjessicablood:
JessicaBlood Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Good god I love toking up and I love me some green but jfc you are so annoying there's more to life than smoking pot.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
There's more to life than your job. There's more to life than your hobby.

I spend less than 10 minutes a day doing what I do here.
JessicaBlood Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
You probably spend a lot of your life in the trees though
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Why does it matter to you how I spend my life? Don't you know ad hominem is a logical fallacy?
JessicaBlood Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
You're getting rather defensive
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
How old are you?
JessicaBlood Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Does it matter?
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist
Doesn't matter, even a small child is smarter than you.
oh hey

its the gman

do you really look up to gangsters?
(1 Reply)
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Humans have committed war, rape, pillage, lying, cheating, theft, and murder since the beginning of recorded history. So now we're adding mari-juana to this list of our faults. Smoking anything is not beneficial to our bodies any more than a rape is. Stop trying to shove this crackpot hippie bullshit up everyone's ass. It's a bunch of lies by a very small number of misled and irresponsible people. Getting high is dangerous and a threat to everyone around you, and I want it to stay illegal forever and will vote no to any referendums that come to ballot.
And cut the false-equivelency bullshit to. Banning mari-juana is like banning mari-juana. Pets are pets and are not dope smoking. Stuff it already.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Oh yeah, getting high is not dangerous, it's awesome.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Your vision of the world is a never ending drug war?
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
There is no 'drug war'. Why, why in the hell does every god damn political issue in this nation need to be referred to as if it is a "war"? Why is everything a "war"? Because some half-asleep senile corrupt politician who was president said so in the 80s? Or was it earlier- like Nixon. There goes another crappy president. You are taking a popculture name and then treating that name as if it is an actual thing. The War On Drugs is a slogan. So, no, I don't have a vision of never ending war. And what the fuck with people asking about my username every time they are losing an argument? My name has nothing to do with politics.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
HAHAHAHA

you're winning the argument

that's what everyone believes

people talk about my username too idiot

but uh, yeah, I call imprisoning millions of americans unjustly a drug war
burn!

that's a stopper.
:iconbroo4:
broo4 Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Thanks for the update and setting me straight, but i still believe that the pot crop is far superior to that of the old growth forests which is not sustainable.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
I wouldn't say that marijuana is super beneficial to our bodies (smoking it has roughly the same effects as a cigarette minus the addiction, if I recall correctly). Also, you shouldn't just appeal to tradition to make your case; the same could be said of murder, of slavery, of eating tripe... you get the drill.
:iconbroo4:
broo4 Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
If u want someone to blame for the banning of pot try senator harry Angslinger from about 1911 - 1920 odd. he was the one that had it banned and it was all over colour dyes in paper manufacturing. At the time a company called 3M (yes that 3M) still around, had a contract to add all these expensive dyes to wood pulp to make white paper because natural wood pulp has a shitty brown colour. So when the company found out that there is a superior product out there that has a almost pure white pulp, requires no dyes, and has a 90 crop cycle that would fuck every thing up for 3m. Not to mention put a lot of workers out of work, So they paid this senator harry Angslinger a lot of money to discredit this crop, unluckly for us it has a side effect of getting u high and that is what he used to discredit it. Also what tipped it in his favour was a physo who killed his wife and child at the time and also amitted to smoking pot as a pastime, which is all he needed to get it banned through congress. all this was 100 years ago time to move on, but just goes to show u how much power these big company's have!
:icondregs-of-humanity:
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
This is such a ridiculous Americentric conspiracy, made particularly ridiculous because you're an Aussie.

Marijuana was made illegal in most of the world because of the Geneva international convention on narcotics control in 1925 which was mainly targeted at making opium and coca trafficking illegal. Marijuana was added because Egypt and Turkey who had a long history of marijuana prohibition proposed it. Marijuana was made illegal here in Australia not because of American influence but because of our involvement in the league of nations.

Marijuana was already illegal in the USA and most of the rest of the western world when hemp was made illegal in the US in the late 30's. Harry Anslinger wasn't a senator, he was the commisioner of the federal bureau of narcotics between the 30's and the 60's.

Hemp is legal in almost every country on earth (including Oz) except the USA, it has never been a threat to the wood pulp industry.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
The criminalization of natural drug use is akin to accusing people of witchcraft.

The laws against drugs are very similar to the laws used against witches in the 1600s. The laws of both eras are rooted in superstition and ignorance. Cow dies or baby miscarried it must be the witch right? We have no proof but it has to be the witch. We are ignorant and superstitious. Burn the witch.

Unsolved burglary, blame the drug user. In fact blame all crime on drug users that is why we give them 20 years for possession because it prevents crime. We have no proof drug use is connected to that murder but we are going to give that marijuana user a sentence equal to a murderer because we have "crime statistics." See we not ignorant. We are civilized with our crime statistics. Do it for the children.

And the sheep just lap it up.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
You want a job once I become President?
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist
lol
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
You're right generally but specifically I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I have never heard of a marijuana user getting 25 years in prison. But you are right in the sense that it's stupid to send people to prison for using. "You're doing something that will ruin your life so I'm going to arrest you and ruin your life so you don't ruin your life." Wonderful logic. Next we'll be murdering people to stop people from murdering people.
:iconhustlerdu:
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
i'm pretty sure in texas they still have the 3 strike policy. 3 possession charges is life in prison.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
I'm pretty sure Texas also has more than triple the annual executions of any other state.
:iconhustlerdu:
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
yeah they don't fuck around down there
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
A simple Google search will turn up dozens of cases. The case of Chris Williams getting 80 years for a few medical marijuana plants is the most appalling. [link]

Or the case Jonathan Magbie who was on a ventilator and died after police took his medical equipment away. [link] Was pretty much a death sentence.

Marijuana will not ruin anyone's life unless they get busted and then the justUS system WILL ruin their life. The real danger is not from the drug itself but from being jailed by the modern day inquisition. It is oppression, tyranny or whatever you want to call it but it is endemic in America and it is not just the drug war. You should read my newest journal that breaks down the concept of justice and what is going wrong here.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
Wow, that's pretty fucked up.

I agree, I was just saying that seems to be their logic. To "save" people from things that will "ruin" their lives they ruin people lives. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Alright, I'll give it a look sometime, I have to head off at the moment though, remind me if you respond to this.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
Lol wait, that's the death penalty.
:iconthisaddiction:
ThisAddiction Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
Your argument is a bit ...... flawed, but I do agree with you. As a person who smokes marijuana regularly, I would like to say that the damages of alcohol are more dire to the body than the effects of marijuana. Both substances can be addictive. Actually anything can be addictive. As long as you use it in moderation.

Marijuana is a great pain killer though. :) After surgery I was in so much pain And was told to take a bunch of pain killers with a lot of terrible side effects (which include liver And kidney damage, vomiting etc) but instead I smoked pot And had none of those side effects xD

Those who assume that weed is a terrible drug, should really do some more research.
:iconmotion-music:
Motion-Music Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
you know . . . some apartment complexes ban pets . . . just saying.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
motherfucker! YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!

lol jk ;)
Motion-Music Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
you posess all the trolling talents of a quadriplegic infant you know.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
and that justifies the marijuana laws

=|
Motion-Music Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
lol, you assume to know my opinion when I havent even stated it, nice try but your attempts at trolling are just . . . sad XD
:iconthisaddiction:
ThisAddiction Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
Your argument is a bit ...... flawed, but I do agree with you. As a person who smokes marijuana regularly, I would like to say that the damages of alcohol are more dire to the body than the effects of marijuana. Both substances can be addictive. Actually anything can be addictive. As long as you use it in moderation.

Marijuana is a great pain killer though. :) After surgery I was in so much pain And was told to take a bunch of pain killers with a lot of terrible side effects (which include liver And kidney damage, vomiting etc) but instead I smoked pot And had none of those side effecta xD
"Your argument is a bit ...... flawed"

What argument?

" I smoked pot And had none of those side effecta xD"

yay
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student Photographer
yep
omg! someone agreed with me! :highfive:

I imagine a lot of people agree with me, they just don't post.

Actually, I KNOW a lot of people agree with me. [link]
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
Okay, we get it. Marijuana is fucking awesome.
lol
Add a Comment: