The Day Liberals Rejoiced

[link]

Thanks to this site, Tea Party members can go post their hilariously evil views on a site without interference from us, thus freeing us from having to listen to their stupidity unless we want to be amused.

Heck, thanks to this new site, we won't even have to worry about Neo-Conservatives calling us devil-worshippers for the "sin" of respecting our fellow man regardless of gender, sexuality or creed!

Thanks in advance, Tea Party Community site! You're going to provide us all with some much needed laughs!

(But seriously folks, is this site going to have a positive or negative effect on american political discussion?)
Comments341
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oh sweet mother of God...Please tell me this is NOT happening...
[link]

In some ways, I wish it wasn't.
Reminds me of Conservapedia. :D
Yeah, it's definitely that kinda thing.
:( Not surprised. Soon the uber unbalanced conservatives can live entirely within heir bubble, only stepping out occasionally to buy stuff from Amazon or argue with everyone else.

I hope the tea party fades soon and that the Republican Party is taken over by sane folks. I vote democratic because they're not shouting bigoted things from the rooftops as much as the republicans. So basically as long as the republican party is like this, democrats get a monopoly and don't have to fix their huge problems.
Yeah. To be honest, I think the lack of power for more than the big two parties in the States is a problem. As long as only 1 or 2 parties have a hold on things, there's a lot of room for abuses. More than two at least mean that competition becomes more necessary than corruption.
The problem is that we'd have to change our voting system to make third parties more mathematically viable without causing the spoiler effect and other issues, and IIRC it's actually baked into the Constitution, so it would require an amendment.
Ah, I see, I didn't realize the two-party system was actually baked into the constitution.
More that First-Past-The-Post voting is baked in, and it mathematically means that if you develop parties, it means it's difficult for a third party to get any real mindshare without either a spoiler effect or supplanting one of the existing two main parties. Especially in the US, where getting a significant majority of people to agree on anything is... obviously problematic.

You'd have to get a third of the country to unite around a third party to achieve a workable equilibrium; not very likely... especially when you consider that neither the Green Party nor the Libertarian Party are the centrist party needed. The Green Party just splits the Democrats and the Libertarian Party splits the Republicans. I guess if you could somehow get both parties to split exactly in half at the same... but that doesn't seem likely, since the Green Party is currently much too weak and impractical to attract the number needed.

And there's the other rub, I guess. Third Parties might help out disenfranchised right-wingers since the Libertarian Party is halfway competent, but leftists are still out to dry because the Green Party is nigh useless.

Which brings me right back to my comment about the image problem. Part of the reason why the US keeps creeping right is because even though the views of the populace actually skew to the left, the left has often had a very bad image problem. And the entire reason why the left is gaining any ground now is because the conservative PR campaign is finally starting to crash and burn more often while the Dems have really stepped up their image selling. Problem is, the Greens are still in the "ideology matters more than image" segment of the left, while the Libertarians are slowly making inroads on picking up the conservative PR baton.
And the weird thing is, the image problem thing seems to only be in the US. Virtually every developed nation out there is more left than the US, and seems to be creeping further left.
As near as I can tell, the left in other countries are less... dumb, basically. Like, when the anti-copyright people want to be heard, they don't piss around downloading blockbuster movies and being counter-culture, they actually form an organization and take steps to get people elected into office who'll represent them.

And when the populist people want to be heard, they don't sit around in parks shouting slogans, they form an organization and get people elected into office. I'm looking at Iceland and France and such, where the people who were pissed off about austerity and coddling bankers actually got their shit together and did something actionable about it by putting in bills against the bankers and by electing anti-austerity people.

And when... oh hell, it's always the same pattern. In other countries, the reaction of the left seems to be, "let's get our shit together and nominate people and bills and vote for them and do PR campaigns to get everyone else to vote for them". Here in the US, the reaction of the left often seems to be, "let's piss around outside the system and barely do a single actual political thing to get any people elected or bills passed and tell any would-be allies in the public to piss off if they don't agree 100% with us."

We have 300 million people in this country. You're telling me that if any movement made serious inroads in courting everyone remotely left-minded into writing letters, making phone calls, voting a certain way, etc., that we couldn't muster a big enough outcry to pour the heat on? But so many on the left are either too apathetic to vote, or make excuses to piddle around in every way other than carrying their voice to Congress and the House and the President. And the few practical folks who do the latter don't get enough support to work as a result.

Like climate change. Only a few hundred people at the White House protesting the KXL line? Surely there's more supporters than that. And why are lone homesteaders out there trying to defend their property and water versus crowds blockading the route? Why is there no mass of letters to their Senators and Representatives? Why no mass movement to vote out people who support KXL and vote in those who don't? I mean, hell, you can even get conservatives in on this, as you'd think that even if you can't sell them on fighting climate change, you can sell them on not letting the government allow companies to seize private property for the pipeline.

And that's just one issue. There's 300 million people in this country. It shouldn't be so difficult to muster more than a tiny handful of supporters. Back in the 1920s and 30s you can read some accounts of almost entire cities massing out to protest social and economic injustices in ways that make Occupy look like a knitting circle, despite there being a lot fewer people back then. What happened to the left being able to muster that support? It's certainly not because people don't agree, because poll after poll after poll suggests that yes, people in the US actually often do agree with leftist ideals in anywhere from slight to overwhelming majorities. Yet that support isn't being mobilized in any real way much of the time. Something is very wrong here.
View all replies
The Tea party is a reaction to democrats abusing power much as OWS is a reaction to the republicans abusing power.
The difference is that the Tea party is a respectable group of peaceful protestors, and OWS is a bunch of foolish arsonists. [link]
A forum poster does not good evidence make. And anyway, the Tea Party has been lobbying for laws setting women's rights back a hundred years, so how are they any better?
'A forum poster does not good evidence make'

I agree that that one link is not great evidence (lacking news sources or even proper grammar), but doesn't that mean you aren't the bringer of good evidence as well?
I at least opened with a news article.
Ok, forgot that, my bad.
That is liberal propaganda. Large portions of the Tea Party leaders are old feminists.
Then why have I consistently been seeing Tea Parters and extreme right-wing Republicans railing against all forms of abortion?
Abortion has nothing to do with women’s rights and everything to do with morality. That being said it is an idiotic debate that has been blown way out of proportion by the media. The only people who care are feminazis and the religious right who no one takes seriously. Besides, I like abortion, I think your parents should have gotten one.
Wow, you're so mature! :lol: You're not proving my satire right or anything...
Nothing that reaffirms ideology helps, so your dismissiveness of Tea-Party members is just as harmful as their community site.