Closed to new replies
February 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 41

Why are people opposed to succession

:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I'm not an American, so there might be something I'm missing.

There is a rather large divide in America between the left and the right (politically) and the divide itself is causing problems, so why do people want to hold on, instead of letting go? Obviously, there is the whole deal about sorting out where the borders would be, customs and immigration etc, but new countries have been made before, and those things aren't impossible tasks.

So why do people oppose it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist
What would start with a peaceful succession would end up in a bloody battle over resources. Alaska and the other oil states are right leaning. If you can't compromise during politics think they'd be nice and divide resources equally?
:icontempusnexus:
TempusNexus Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Whatever country you live in, it never ends well to split it in two. Look at every case in history. The American civil war is the one I'm most familiar with, but there are others. And it's not like each state is a single side. People are on both sides even in the same county, or city, or even the same household. Dividing the nation would cause heartbreak and bloodshed, and the country might not even survive, given out current state.
:icontempusnexus:
TempusNexus Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Whatever country you live in, it never ends well to split it in two. Look at every case in history. The American civil war is the one I'm most familiar with, but there are others. And it's not like each state is a single side. People are on both sides even in the same county, or city, or even the same household. Dividing the nation would cause heartbreak and bloodshed, and the country might not even survive, given out current state.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
Think of it as a political divorce after a very bad marriage. Sometimes it is best to just walk away. I am ready for it but I pray it is peaceful.
:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Because it's stupid. They are weakening the whole nation for their selfish, petty little squabbles. Letting them leave won't end their stupidity, it'll validate it, which means they'll let their stupidity lead to worse decisions, like war. It happened before. I personally will not tolerate stupidity, and I certainly won't allow stupidity to propagate and be validated.
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
I wouldn't really be that upset if the South decided to succeed, though I would be sad about being somewhat cut off from some of my favorite relatives and the Harry Potter themepark. It'd certainly make life easier...

I think it's economic though or something.
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
"There is a rather large divide in America between the left and the right (politically)"

are you retarded.
are you actually that stupid.
just think about what you just said, stupid.

if you knew anything about politics, you would know that "left" political veiws are ofton alot different to "right" political veiws.

thats like asking why is there such a divide between the shades black and white.
staple-salad Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Most other countries that aren't in the middle of civil wars have opposing parties who don't try to completely screw over and block all help to the people in a bid to refuse cooperation.

IE most other countries aren't governed by toddlers.
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
the opposing party usually give alternative veiws to things as they are, the fucking oppostion and as they are different wings with different political veiws. We dont pick our political party on the colour of tie in england you know.
staple-salad Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
In the US it's not like that. Ideally the parties would offer different perspectives on the same issue so that a compromise benefiting the majority of the people could be reached (rather than just playing to one side). In the US you have one party with no spine and another party that will literally do anything, ANYTHING, including screwing over their base, screwing over as many people as possible, destroying the economy, etc. to make sure that no compromise on any issue is ever reached.

Recently our "Party of No" has tried to cripple our economy just about every year. And it's not just a difference of policy and me saying "oh well their ideas all suck". Take for example their refusal to send aid to one of our biggest population centers that was hit by a superstorm. This area was even governed by one of their own.

And that's why secession could actually be a good thing for our country. Then we could get stuff done to HELP the people instead of screwing them over just to avoid compromise or letting the other side look effective.
Add a Comment: