Israel - Palestine, what would be your solution?

There have been countless threads on this forum whenever an Israeli-Palestine issue comes up (probably once every 2 months or so).

I think we can all agree Israel and Palestine are not going to solve their problems in the near future due to there being a lot of bitterness and strong nationalism on both sides. So the point of this thread is what agreement do you personally would be the best for the region and why? The ideas should be reasonably realistic (so the total annihilation of either state is out of the question).
Comments388
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
A 2-state solution is called for.

Palestine has as much historical claim to the region as Israel does. The entire region between Phoenicia and Egypt was reffered to as a district of Syria called Palaistinê by the greek Herodotus back in the 5th century BC in his 'The Histories', the first historical work which defined the region in any way. It is as much a real state as jaakobou claims Israel to be.
Pull US aid, or add more strings attached to it.
Blow the lot up.
'Palestine' is not a real state, certainly not outside the delirious minds of some people who have the ridiculous idea that the Arab-Israeli conflict is THE conflict of the middle east.
Then which state does that land belong to then?
Currently, it does not belong to anyone. It was taken by Israel from Jordan after they took it in the 1948 war from the non-state area that was supposed to be given to the Arabs -- but they rejected that idea and tried to take everything. Jordan's occupation was only accepted by a couple of states ... best I know, it wasn't even accepted by the Arab world. Israel took it in the Six Day War and Jordan decided to relinquish all future demands for the territory. Israel, was under the problem of what to do with a clearly hostile population in a territory which it now holds. As a relatively reasonable idea... the Palestinian Authority was created in order to give them, theoretically speaking, more rights than they would get under Israeli military law... (the idea of giving full citizenship is an absurdity considering their view on the state of Israel). In the mean-time, they decided to keep the "muqawama" (lit. popular resistance, aka ideology of conflict enhancement) going and launch a wave of suicide bombings into "Israel proper". Great stuff. Anyway and regardless of having a majority, there's no de-facto Palestinian state anywhere. Not in Judea and not in Jordan, where they should have about 70% of the population.
I'm interested in what would happen between the two if the US stopped being Israel's guard dog.

On another note, I know that besides a small amount of fanatics on both side, neither populations want any war between each other. It's their governments that are causing the problem. It's just old people running the countries backwards, with their eyes and minds on dealings of the past. A new, young, dynamic government on both sides should the trick.
Or 1967, or any point of time before Israel began to be the dominant of the Middle East.
Look at the 1948 war when it wasn't. Israel took on 7 Arab armies and won.
Tear down the walls, blockades, and checkpoints, and military institutions.

Build Kibbutz', not settlements.
check out the big brain on brad

You really think that no one tried it? Dozens of times before? It is much more complex than it seems.

Besides, there were no walls or guards before the intifada, come on, the ignorance here is amazing. If we do all this, Israel will be filled with suicide bombers.
The only thing that's ignorant here is your inherent racism.
please tell me what is so much recist in me.
By insisting that every Arab is a suicide bomber. If you're so worried about getting bombed than tell your beloved army to stop bombing others.
I do not think that way. Absolutely not.

I have Arab friends. in Israel there are more than a million and a half Arabs and they have absolutely equal rights with Jews.

It's just a fact. Palestinians use suicide bombers as military weapon.
But the Palestinians don't even have a military. That's the point. You want to blame an entire population for the crimes of insurgent groups in order to justify a genocide! The Palestinians aren't the ones with bomber planes, artillery cannons, armored vehicles, and secret police; The Israeli Military does! Hell, most of the Palestinian dissidents "weapons" include rocks. They throw rocks at riot police and then get shot at. Not just Palestinians, but also fellow Israeli's that are against the Wall who get shot at! You got these Palestinian communities slowly shrinking in size, getting smaller and smaller, all whilst being surrounded by such a structure that makes the Berlin Wall look like a white picket fence.

If you REALLY aren't prejudiced against Arabs than Palestinians are no different and would disregard your previous generalization of an entire population as one big terrorist nation as irrational, as it is. The reason why the Israeli government is at fault here is because they have an actual military, because they're a recognized nuclear power, because they have all this advanced military hardware and funding. Palestine doesn't have any of this and it's gotten to the point where it's nothing more than a slaughter and is the only reason why there's such tension and violence because the Israeli Defence Forces stands as the source of it all, as per consequence of the obsessive militarism of your government.

The problem is not the Palestinians, the problem is not the Israelis, it's the government and its military. If you want any peace at all, the only war you're going to be fighting is the one at home, not across the border and not past the checkpoints.
View all replies
I don't really get my Palestine has to be Muslim owned too.
Yeah, I get that Israel was arbitrarilly given to the Jews after WWII, but Jesus, it's a tiny bit of real estate in the middle of the Middle East.
And there are probably twenty Muslim countries around Israel.

Just them then have it already.
There's 22 Arab states with a land mass larger than the USA. Israel is the historical homeland of the Jewish people and the original idea was to benefit the Jews after aid to the allied forces in WWI (look for a little Jewish Chemist called Chaim Weissmann). Jews were always a part of the land, albeit ethnically cleansed by the Arab occupation between 1400-1800. When the idea was to give the Ottoman land ownership to both the Jews and the Arabs -- the Arabs said "ha ha ha.... throw the Jews to the sea". Thankfully, their plan failed and continues to fail to this day.
Ask Clavicus Vile to end the war like you could do in Skyrim.
Clavicus vile doesn't end the war in skyrim does he? I thought he just had that little quest with the dog?
:iconspoilersplz:

No but there is a dialouge option where you can ask him to end the war for helping him. What he does then is Laugh maniaclly and says he is going to end the war by killing everyone in Skyrim. He then changes his mind.
Ah I don't think I bothered with that option or I did and forgot. I got to the stage in the game where you are so ridiculously powerful you can win the war by yourself (legendary dragon scale armour with double enchantments, a legendary daedric bow with double enchantments, double daedric daggers both with double enchantments and massive sneak bonuses lol). 1 shotting a basic dragon makes the game a bit easy.
I usually roleplay those games. My character could only use alchemy as a crafting proffesion and only clothes for armor. :)