Closed to new replies
January 30, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 186

The war on dugs, AKA, The war on personal freedom

:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
For many years the US has been waging a war within our walls. Spending money on prisons and enforcing drug laws when that money could go to helping the people of our nation. Are we not entitled to our own bodies? Do we really need these heavy laws telling us what We can and can't put in our bodies? Do we really need to incarcerate someone for owning a few joints? I don't believe so. Maybe one day this wont be an issue, but that days not coming any time soon. Thank you or your time.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
no, the war on drugs is a long standing failure and embarresment.

I don't support the legalization of hard drugs like heroin, or coccaine, but we need to stop giving criminal penalties for non-violent users.

users of addictive substances are victims, not perpetrators. They can't just quit, and locking them up doesn't make them able to quit, mabey less so.
:iconcreepye:
CreepyE Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
As someone who lives in a border state and is conscious of the violent tactics of the cartels, I think anything that can cripple that industry is owed at least more popular discussion. Without even taking into account the legions of Americans who are made into addicts and criminals by bad lifestyle decisions, dismantling the cartel's efficacy to commit violence against U.S. and Mexican citizens is enough reason for me.
:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
props again!
:iconkimsy2358:
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
I just stoped by to call you a fuckwit and tell you to kill yourself, toodles.
u mad bro?
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
u jelly sis?
nah bro
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
kk
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
holy shit

what is your problem
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
You are fun to fuck with.
Also, I hate pot heads.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
I hate people who hate potheads.
Then we are on the same page.
I hate you, you hate me!
Good, now kill yourself.
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
Firstly, I am not stupid enough to make a claim on the internet that I could kick your dumb ass because it would be impossible to prove. That would make me as troglodytic as you.
Secondly, you look like you were dropped on your head as a child, dear god! I mean, fetal alcohol syndrome is one thing but fuck man, put a paper bag over your head.
Finally, nice Photoshop, you look real tough in front of a gym you have probably never been to.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
I don't wish that you kill yourself. I'll be a man and do it myself.
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
O rly?
LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A REAL BADASS OVER HERE!
Internet tough guy, really?
You coulden't kill a fly without serious self harm.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
A name like kimsy isnt very tough... on the other hand... infinitetolerance? yeah, im more badass than you
(1 Reply)
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hi, just stopped to tell you that you are by far the lowest form of human garbage and am here to inform you that you have been hereby evicted from living in our universe. Please take your hateful attitude to some other dimension and have a nice day. :)
Suck a cock wapanese fuck/ nip.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Digital Artist
If I am Wapanese is not a word, good sir. Please use something worth reading when insulting me. Otherwise, it's not even funny, nor interesting. Have a nice day.

:)
(1 Reply)
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Why hate potheads?
kimsy2358 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Drug addicts are quantifiably more stupid than just about anyone else. But, pot heads are less harmful to themselves than normal druggies, and therefor they live longer.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
And?
Kill yourself please. That was basicaly my point.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
lol
(1 Reply)
:iconhustlerdu:
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
the prison industrial complex is a real thing, it has proven ties to the drug war

you should watch this movie [link]

i don't see any problem with legalizing all drugs

portugals policy of decriminalization has been successful

it's just time to adapt a smarter policy, there are much better solutions
I do agree on the prison system

I don't feel OK, however, legalizing all drugs, or even the legality of many now legal pharmaceuticals, for all the same reasons.

that said, I am against jail time for non-violent users, and I think we need to find other ways to treat the problem. People on addictive substances like hard drugs are not perpetrators, but victims.

its going to be a rough mix of making help easier to get, decriminalizing personal use, and serious attempts to after the high level dealers and distributors.(to include big pharma).

I've always been in favor of legalizing pot, mushrooms, and other soft drugs.
:iconeman333:
Eman333 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Photographer
I haven't seen that movie but yeah, the war on drugs is one of the most harmful diseases to have infected our society.
:iconbmagnum:
BMagnum Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
I am not sure, really.
It's a standstill to me. I mean, you can go and legalise it, and many people will probably OD and die.
Or you can keep it banned, and watch as many a smuggler tries to sell it illegally. Maybe some of that Diviner's sage. Last I checked, it's harmless. Doubt it will do too much to help, but it's a start.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
What exactly is "it" in this scenario?
:iconkeydan:
Keydan Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
IMHO, as long as a person is a part of a society where he has duties, then no, one s not as entitled to his own body as one might think. AS a citizen there are things you must do, and there are people who you are responcible for, or are responicble of your well being.
Imagine a dieing victim of a failed suicide, and the Doc goes: "well, that's his own life he tried to take, so anyone up for some coco?"
:iconronin201:
Ronin201 Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
:clap:
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I think all drugs should be legalised and sold for incredibly high prices, plus massively high tax. Then watch as the stupid people starve to death. :meow:
:iconeman333:
Eman333 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Photographer
High prices are a major part of the problem we have with its prohibition. I don't think you have really thought that through.
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Well no, this is the Politics forum, and taking it too seriously is unhealthy.
:iconstormofshadows:
Stormofshadows Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Such high prices only create a black market where you can get the drugs cheaper. Moonshining still exists even though alcohol is legal because government regulations keep the prices high and it is cheap and easy to make. I have little doubt that high drug prices will create a similar kind of black market.
The problem being that the illegal drug black market already sells it's drugs for ridiculously high prices.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
It's not that expensive. You can get some good quality weed for 10 a bag.
(Not too far from my town either :stare:)
Damn junkie-peddlers! :shakefist:
:icondregs-of-humanity:
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Due to the huge risk involved in producing, transporting and selling them that would all but dissapear if drugs were legalised. In Australia we have alot of black market tobacco (chopchop), its bought at a highly inflated price off the same farmers that sell to the legal tobacco industry, then sold without taxes. A 50g pouch of legal tobacco costs about $35 while you can get a 100g pouch of black market tobacco for $10.
:icontoshadaydreamer:
ToshaDaydreamer Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Natural selection can be a wonderful thing
:iconwhy-did-kenji-die:
Why-did-Kenji-die Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Too bad 'natural selection' doesn't work among humans. The government just takes care of anyone too dumb to figure it out themselves
That it can; Darwinism in action! :dummy:
A free Darwin award with every five kilos of pot. XD
I'd sponsor that deal, with a gun if necessary! :iconcoolplz:
:iconbobdobbsplz:
Act now, and get your free diamond studded noose!
To replace the one that fell off from the cocaine! :iconalcaponeplz:
:iconkimjongilplz: And then cover them in flour and make them work in diamond mines listening to obnoxious talentless radio music.
(1 Reply)
:iconjesse1134:
jesse1134 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student General Artist
i think any drug that is naturally grown should be legal like weed or peyote.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Naturally grown =/= safe. Belladonna is rather dangerous, and it's grown naturally.
:iconjesse1134:
jesse1134 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student General Artist
no wonder i have never heard of it, it don't grow where i live but here is some junk i found out about this belladonna plant

Atropa Belladonna, also referred to as Belladonna is a perennial herb belonging to the family Solanaceae found in Western Asia, some parts of North Africa and Europe. The herb contains tropane alkaloids and is toxic in nature. Even though not approved by the FDA, synthesized alkaloids of Belladonna are used in various prescription medicines. Midwives in medieval times used Belladonna to prevent miscarriages.

Medicinal Uses of Belladonna

Belladonna derivatives are commonly employed in medications for alleviating symptoms of:

Throbbing headaches
Stomach cramps
Menopause
Belladonna is also used in skin ointments for treating rheumatism or joint pain, nerve pain and sciatica. Belladonna is employed for curing hyperkinesis, which is a behavior disorder and hyperhydrosis or excess sweating. These derivatives are mixed with Phenobarbital and Ergotamine for the usage in medicines. Depending upon scientific evidence, the ‘Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database’ evaluates herbs as Effective, Possibly Effective, Likely Ineffective and Insufficient Evidence for Rating. Although marked as Insufficient Evidence for Rating, Belladonna is used in treating the following conditions:

Hay fever
Arthritis
Asthma
Hemorrhoids
Parkinson’s disease
Spasms
Homeopathic Uses & Benefits of Belladonna

Belladonna, when used in homeopathic medication is comparatively safer since the quantities of Belladonna derivatives in these medications are very low and well below toxicity levels. In fact, homeopathic medications use water diluted Belladonna extract, making it much safer for use.

Side Effects and Toxicity Dangers

As with any other herb or medication, Belladonna has certain risks and side effects involved. NIH (National Institute of Health) declares that the effects include:

Nervousness
Hallucinations
Alterations in Perception
Belladonna is considered to be anticholinergic, which is a substance that alters Acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter) levels in the brain, thus increasing the chances of:

Trances
Confusion
Drowsiness
Belladonna, if ingested can lead to slurred speech, increased heartbeats and dryness in mouth.

Belladonna is reported to be extremely toxic for children. Consuming just a couple of fruits from these “devil’s cherries” may prove fatal for children, since it contains Atropine. A couple of non fatal overdose cases have also been reported by the CDC (Center for Disease Control).

Belladonna works by restricting the nervous system functions such as digestive functions, sweating, salivation and urination. The dosage of Belladonna depends upon various factors such as the patient’s health, age and other aspects such as allergies. There is not enough scientific knowledge about the appropriate dosage of Belladonna yet. Make sure that you follow the guidelines on the product label and consult your doctor or pharmacist for appropriate dosage.

This was about various uses and benefits of Belladonna and some side effects involved. Remember! Herbs are not always safe. Although herbs such as Belladonna have medicinal values, never use them without consulting a physician, as the risks may turn out to be fatal. Stay healthy!
Add a Comment: