Closed to new replies
January 30, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 680

Transexual Women and Bathrooms

:iconbmagnum:
BMagnum Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013
What's your opinion on transsexual women using the ladies' bathroom?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconayin1:
ayin1 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a related subject, lucky for me your web site came up, its a great website. I have bookmarked it in my Google bookmarks. You really are a phenomenal person with a brilliant mind!

straight
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
Hang on, it was Sturgeons law...
Sorry.
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
I am not sure I even own a website.
And I am only intelligent in that I know I am an idiot, just like 90% of humanity. Assuming Poe's law applies to humanity..
Assuming that was poe's law, and I haven't got my laws mixed up again.

I got a little series of posts on Manic Expression, but they're nothing special...

And that website is so going in my favorites.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Do you has Pingas? Go to the men's room.
Do you has Vagoo? Go to women's room.
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Pingas.
Hah...

True, and simple.
Well done.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just seems cut and dry to me.
If your a pre-op, use the men's room.
If you're post, women's.
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Agreed. I don't think it's wrong if a pre-op does, but it would be safer and less hastle-laden if one uses the bathroom of their born gender, until the operation.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I hardly think it's a political issue and most public facilities have at least 3 options - M/F/other-abled ...and a parenting room as well, don't they? Use the one that suits best.
:iconsythgara:
Sythgara Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
If you wanna be a guy, you get everything that comes with it, even using the men's bathroom. And same the other way around. I don't see what's so difficult about it. Unless there's something as half transsexual *shrug*
Flagged as Spam
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Wow- you're an ass.
:iconremind-you:
Remind-You Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
No.
:iconsaidryian:
Saidryian Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
The more people DON'T care about it, the better off we'll be. It's all pretty ridiculous in the first place.
:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Its really not ridiculous. Its actually something that is becoming more and more of a pressing issue due to sexual liberation and religious dogma slowly slipping.
Saidryian Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
That's what I mean though. That it's an issue in the first place is ridiculous. I can understand now wanting to get naked in front of others, but feeling offended or disgusted by seeing others naked is worse than childish. Pretty abnormal too imho.
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
What? That has nothing to do with the topic.
Saidryian Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
It's the underlying issue responsible for the topic in the first place.
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I think they should, better there than the mens jax
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I personally don't care.

Heck, I wouldn't give a shit if I saw one whip out her johnson and piss in a urinal next to me at the mens room.

I'll be dead honest and say I'm not mature enough not to giggle, or smirk at her.

that said, I don't frequent the woman's room too often, so I guess, my opinion doesn't matter really. I also wouldn't give a shit if women used the mens room, or we had unisex multi-person bathrooms.

That said, many women care for some reason.
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013   Writer
I don't get why toilets are segregated at all.
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
Younger children mostly. Its just an etiquette that most civilized countries adhere to.
AbCat Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013   Writer
Why would a child be disturbed at the sight of people of the opposite sex coming out of cubicles and washing their hands?
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
Thats not the point. Its already convention and its hard to change that.
AbCat Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013   Writer
Well, that is the point actually. The convention is nonsense.
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
Why?
AbCat Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013   Writer
Because it doubles the cost to employers and public establishments that are obliged to provide two separate toilet rooms, when the toilets themselves are in cubicles anyway.
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
You know what a urinal is, don't you?
(1 Reply)
:iconkimberleyblackstar:
kimberleyblackstar Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
it depends how good the tranny looks ? If she passes, go for it ! But if she looks a clip (i.e. some middle aged mid life crisis mess thats made no attempt to look feminine) - then go around the back of the building and squat in your tartan granny skirt
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student General Artist
Why the fuck are we discussing this? Shouldn't we just leave it for them to decide???
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Whichever you dress as and consider yourself to be I think is appropriate.

There are stalls and there's no point in using or standing at a urinal if you don't have equipment for it. I don't really understand why some consider it upsetting.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When unisex single bathrooms aren't an option (seriously, why the hell do they bother labeling those as M/F especially when the M ones don't have urinals :stare:) I think people should use whatever side they have the genitalia for. So a pre-op transsexual MtF would have to use the dude's side.

Not so much because of them, but because sexual harassment is a real concern and frankly I could see a dude using it as an excuse to get into the ladies' bathroom. :I
:iconsheepy94:
Sheepy94 Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, I'm sorry, are you going to personally inspect my crotch before I have to use the restroom? Give me a fucking break.
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Honor system. :l
Oh, so you're going to play a guessing game in regards to which restroom I use? That's beyond idiotic and comes off as offensive.
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you want to be offended by one vague suggestion I threw out from the perspective of a female worried about sexual harassment and not much else, that's your perogative.
You don't get it. Sexual harrassment is bad enough without suggestion it being law.
:iconmercuryshine:
MercuryShine Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Many trans* people don't want surgery though. You think someone who passes entirely as a woman should use the men's room, where they're likely to get harassed, beaten, or sexually assaulted? Just because they have a penis? :/

If someone wants to sexually assault a woman in a bathroom, they'll do it regardless of whether or not they're allowed there. You're just not going to have pre-transition trans* person using the bathroom that fits their gender identity. Doing so risks them being abused.
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ooh, hadn't taken that into consideration. Thanks for the insight :salute:

That is probably true. I still think that anyone who uses a bathroom should feel as comfortable as possible, so if a transwoman happens to have all of it covered except the actual surgery, I'd expect her not to have problems using a stall.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sexual harrasment is a concern? How many people get sexually harrassed in bathrooms?
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Honestly I dunno the numbers, but there were a few scandals in this area. Granted, a lot of what happens in bathrooms is people of the opposite sex sneaking in to have sex, which is technically a form of harassment too.
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
I agree with this 100 percent.
Pre-ops such as myself are better of using the female's bathroom.
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Cool. :salute:
:icondefense2:
defense2 Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
I say we all should grow up and have uni-sex bathrooms, shower rooms, ect. If there ought to be any division, it ought to be age based and this is 0-18 years of age in one and 19+ in the other.

Were all adults after 18, we know not to peek over the top of the stalls.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That is partially true. People should be able to behave. Unfortunately it does not happen as we would like.

I agree with the idea of unisex bathrooms, so nobody makes such a big deal with this.

Public bathrooms are a mess anyhow, specially is somebody ties to emulate picasso on the walls...
:icondefense2:
defense2 Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
No one acts according to proper respect for others because it isn't commanded of them and when they refuse... Bitched slapped(actually bitched slapped... If need be, held down and bitched slapped by the judge) into learning respect.

Now I wouldn't prescribe this method of reeducation for minors... But adults who act like kids need a good slap to the face every now and again.

In truth, fines and reprossessing property to pay for the fines. If without property... The. Work release prison where by they pay for all of their incaseration and the fines. Refusal to work worsens the debt and rewards them with one meal a day... In a cell with one window into the court yard and a buzzer for when they are willing to work again.
:icondayandevarlo:
DayanDeVarlo Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
I never understood the concept of gendered bathrooms. And I'm not even trans or anything.
Also far as I know there are stalls in the bathroom? So no-one waves their things around in front of other people anyway? So are we afraid of people seeing each other all dressed and proper? Or maybe in the shameful act of washing hands and fixing makeup? Oh, the horror.
:icontemporal-lizardo:
Temporal-Lizardo Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
:iconthisplz:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Trans women are women, therefore they have every right to use women's bathroom.
Trans men are men, therefore they have every right to use men's bathroom.

It's not rocket science, folks.
BMagnum Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
It may not be rocket science, but people do retort with things like "they weren't born X/Y, so they can't use the Y/X's bathroom!" which make you wonder.
It's a classic case of missing the point.
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
But teh chromosomes!!!111
Add a Comment: