Christians don't believe in their own doctrines

Just recently a woman was admitted at St. Thomas More hospital because she had a blocked artery. Several complications arose and her and her 2 unborn children died.
The husband is now suing the catholic hospital for the death of his wife and 2 children.
In the hospital's defense they allege that since the children were not delivered, they do not count as people under the law.
Basically unborn children are only people when it's used to withhold contraception from female employees, but when the hospital is being sued for malpractice, all of the sudden unborn children are no longer people.
I say the man should let the church argue this point, then when hearings are being held on providing contraception to woman that work at church own businesses, there will be precedence that the church does not believe unborn children are people.
[link]
Comments183
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It isn't that they don't follow their own doctrines...
society made it so that doctors feel like they have the obligation to exclude all religion beliefs to be more "rational" or "logical". So many scientists are basically being pressured to change what they believe just for for their career...
I don't think catholic churches only allow catholic/christian doctors to work there...I bet you there is a lot of doctors that were in that hospital that aren't religious in any sense.

Also through out history the church always did its best offering the people health needs or survival needs...however when the health system/whoever says what they think is best for survival/health...they are forces to act like every other hospital. I am not sure if they are required under law...but I am sure they are at least pressured into it by everyone.

Either that or this isn't a normal traditional sort of catholic practice...
Money > Religious doctrines

The Catholic Church makes an insane amount in profits (although they are the largest donor to charities, I'll give them that)
If your John Kerry/Nancy Pelosi Catholics are running the hospital, then no, there is no regard for sanctity of life.

But if this hospital is operating under the laws of the land, then it doesn't matter their personal views if the law has definitions that are the current rule of the land.
They're still hiding behind the very law they're trying to destroy
Hiding? Or just abiding by the law?

Most Catholic institutions I know of follow the law of the land whether they agree with it or not.
They could easily settle with the husband and acknowledge they actually believe in their own doctrine, they're just trying to save money
They might settle anyway. But still doesn't mean they aren't bound to the same laws of the land everyone else is.
They have the capacity in this case to abide by their own moral obligations instead of the law, no one is making them not settle.
They have to follow the law.
View all replies
On Thursday, Denver Archbishop Samuel Aquila, Colorado Springs Bishop Michael Sheridan and Pueblo Bishop Fernando Isern said in a release:

"From the moment of conception, human beings are endowed with dignity and with fundamental rights, the most foundational of which is life. ... No Catholic institution may legitimately work to undermine fundamental human dignity."

Read more: Cañon City man suing Catholic hospital reacts to bishops' concerns - The Denver Post [link]  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From your own link the Catholic Bishops are saying that no Catholic institution may claim they are not human, and the hospital is not claiming that they were not human.  The hospital is merely stating that COLORADO LAWS do not recognize the fetuses as human beings, and the hospital may only be prosecuted under existing Colorado laws.  You want hospitals to be held liable?  Change Colorado's laws to recognize fetuses as human beings.
The hospital could still settle instead of hiding behind the same exact law they're trying to destroy
Settle? Settle on what? Nobody, including yourself, has presented any definitive proof that the doctors, or the hospital, made any wrong decisions.
Well let's see the mother was admitted with a blocked artery and her and her unborn children ended up dead. And a c section wasn't even performed in an attempt to save the children's lives. But I have proven than money comes before morals, especially for christians
You have left out one critical point that makes your whole case moot. Where is your professional evidence that performing a C-Section would definitively have saved the twins, and that they would have lived normal, healthy lives? In addition, where is your professional medical evidence, and your expert witnesses that were present in the delivery room that can testify that any doctor did anything wrong? You have nothing!

All you are doing is feebly trying to use your Christianiphobic fears and predjudices to fan the flames of human emotion. You are not a trained medical professional, and you were not in the delivery room at the time, thusly, you are not qualified to make any judgement on thier decision.
Yeah I'm sure there would be a line of workers that want to speak up against their business and sacrifice their professional career. Did you ever think christians don't even have inate morals? That they operate on the very lowest level of fear based morality?
And my point exactly that no one knows if the twins would have been saved. If the c section is performed and the twins die then there is direct culpability, but if the procedure is not carried out then there is plausible deniability. You know NOTHING of medical litigation.
So, you finally admit it. You have NOTHING!! You are just scratching, trying to stir up the dirt, like a chicken looking for bugs. Get on with your life, and quit being such a Christianiphobe. God will forgive you......and so will we.
View all replies
What the law says is not a matter of religious belief. Someone who believes that fetuses are unborn people can still make the argument that the law doesn't treat fetuses as people.
1 church hospital does not speak for the whole church. and yes their are christians out that are total hypocrics and it is thoses christians that give christianity a bad name. but they do not speak for the whole. so it would be wrong to condem millions of people for what only a few did.
Why, christians seem content to let one pride parade, or one flamboyant gay celebrity speak for millions of people
because there it is agreed for that group to speak for millions no agreed for the hospital to speak for them
No you can't have it both ways, typical fucking christian wants preferential treatment
what? you seem to think all christians are alike and when one does something that means all do that that does not seem fair and no we dont want preferential treatment we are all human and make mistakes
What this demonstrates is the putrid poo that results when you try to mix christianism with laissez-faire capitalism. And it shows the ultimate failure of business as an entity: if we have to claim babies are not alive and contradict our own beliefs to support the needs of the business... then we effectively HAVE NO BELIEFS. The whole thing is dark and hideous. Sorry conservatives, it's over. I mean it's really over.