allowi.g women to fight in combat?

I'm a girl and I'm not against women being seen as strong independent people I'm all for that. Heck I'm waiting for a female president! But allow women to fight as a marine in combat!? It doesn't matter how hard she trains a grlirl cannot carry a wounded man nor can most girls put up with the horrors of war. Also there's sexual harrassment and well think how emotional girls can get. When I'm emotional I'm irrational don't give hormonal girls a machine gun.
Also men can you picture fighting and suddenly the girl gets shot in the head?

Anyways this was a class discussion today but we didn't fi ish. So how do you people feel about this should women be allowed to fight in combat??
Comments328
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Then your government should probably rethink about how it trains soldiers. As far as I know, there is no special treatment given to anyone in bootcamp.

Don't think that just because they are women, if they're trained as soldiers they're still different from men. No. If they're trained the same way and if they passed the same tests then it's only logical that they are qualified to be on the battle field.

They wouldn't be deployed if they weren't.

Also, it's their choice to fight. The right to defend their country shouldn't be hindered because of a protectionist attitude.
Actually, allowing women to take on combat roles is just a formalization of what's already happening. Except that instead of women being unarmed when the shooting begins, they can have something to defend themselves and their fellow soldiers with.

The horror of the current war the US is embroiled in is that there are no real front lines, and skirmishes can happen even in so-called safe zones. Women, who are already deployed in conflict zones often find themselves in the middle of a fight. The only remedy to keep women out of combat roles would be to remove women from the military altogether.
Fighting in combat should be banned for both men and women.
There's plenty of women who could carry their male partners in combat, and there are also plenty who can put up with emotional scarring. Women actually have a higher tolerance for pain than men have, and I suspect their mental ability is no different.

Sexual harassment...well, you sadly have a point.
Personally, I believe you're generalizing women as blubbering cowards. I would like to remind you that not all women act like thirteen and fourteen year old children.

In fact, I believe that most adult women can become just as strong as any man, physically and mentally. In this day and age, I have trouble believing that anybody could generalize women so much in just a few sentences. Perhaps I think too much of people.

Any-who, back to my original point. Did you know that on a factual percentage gay women are usually the best at what they choose to do in the armed forces?
Women should be able to fight on the front lines. They end up as the same pound of flesh when they are killed anyway, i see no difference.
One note regarding the extensive participation by Soviet women during the Soviet-German War (1941 - 1945). The Soviet authority mobilized millions of women, not because they had egalitarianism in mind, but because they were desperate. This becomes apparent once the horrendous Soviet casualties are taken into account. They lost an equivalent of their entire pre-war army within the first half year of the war. By 1944, most of their rifle divisions mustered only about 2000 men (equivalent to a weak regiment). Once the war was over, the number of women in combat branches shrank to insignificance, even though women combatants proved their worth many times over, and those who remained in uniform were mostly confined to support branches like signals and medicine.
There have been women in combat roles since forever, but it's like orgasms, men are just finding out about it.
I'm a little iffy about the draft. Women are really important.
I agree with all the women here who call the old policy banning females from combat sexist. They now have been given a reason to join the military and to put in for combat duty.
[link]

It never takes long.
For people to make sexist assumptions? Yeah, it's amazing how many people just assume women are inferior like that.
No, for people to start suggesting the standards need to be lowered because it's far easier to do that than have someone admit they suck and improve themselves.
But people were crying about that since well before the ban was lifted, so I don't really get your comment.
*rolls eyes*

I'm saying that it didn't take long after women were allowed into combat positions that politicians are starting to question the standards of training for said combat positions. That seems to inevitably follow every call for "equal opportunity" for such things (firefighting, police, etc).
See: my first comment. It hasn't even been a week since the ban on women in combat situations was lifted, let alone time for women to actually prove themselves in training. Why not save the idle assumptions for when there's some actual proof to work on.
The ban of women in combat is sexism, pure and simple. It restricts and hinders the rights of women to do what they want to serve their country. We should have lifted this ban a long time ago.
The Selective Service System requires registration from all male citizens and legal aliens between the ages of 18 and 25 and living in the United States. Women are exempt. But that could change in the future. Now that the ban on women in combat is lifted and all citizens must be treated as equal does that mean that women should be required to register in case a military draft is needed in a future crisis?
Practically every single civilized nation in the world has women serving in combat roles. The only nation I can think of that has a specific law banning women from infantry/combat/front line roles is England. Which is a pointless law because they have women serving in positions where they get shot at just as much as anyone else.
This is a hard question for me to answer as I don't believe in war. On the one hand I'd like as few people fighting in wars as possible. However, I'm not daft enough to think that wars are going to be non-existent anytime soon. I think that if women can pass the test and are up to standard, then there's no reason for them not to fight in combat.
I think that in the name of perusing the ideal of equality, America has purposely often ignored certain realities (mostly because they're politically incorrect realities). Not everyone can/should go to college. Not everyone can be a millionaire. Not everyone can/should serve in combat. This last point applies to males as well as females. I know plenty of women I'd rather serve with over some men, allowing women as a category to serve in combat? Sure. However, in order to do so they need to meet the exact same standards expected of anyone serving in a combat role.
Women are already in combat. This is more of a formality then anything, and opening the way for women to reach jobs and ranks that aren't available if you haven't been in a "front-line combat" unit. Of course in today's battlefields with ambushes being the norm in the current combat zones, everyone's a front-line combatant. You think the bad guys are gonna not attack a convoy just because women are in it? You think the women are just going to sit by and get shot at? They're already fighting side by side with men. This just means that the government will finally give women the chance to join front-line units.

If a woman can meet the same physical requirements as men, then there's no reason they shouldn't join front-line units. Not a lot of women can handle it, but those that can should be allowed to. And quite frankly, your comments about women being too emotional is an insult to ever servicewoman to ever hold a gun and serve in combat and you should be ashamed of yourself. And the implication that men would react any different to a female soldier being shot in the head then a male soldier is equally insulting in multiple ways, because male or female, one of my fellow soldiers just got shot and I'm going to do my best to take out the SoB's who just shot my buddy until my CO gives me different orders.
"ut allow women to fight as a marine in combat!?"

the caveat is they have to face the same physical standards as men. In army combat arms units, all soliders must pass the hardest PT test, the male 17-21 regardless of age or gender.

at least that is what I assume, because it was that way for many units with the male part, that older soliders had to pass the same test as younger ones in combat arms.

Also, some units have enhanced tests that you have to score higher than basic army standards. instead of 60-60-60, you need a 70-70-70 or a 210 overall.

I've met a few chicks in the army who could cut mustard. I met a lot that don't. If they make them play by the same standards that men do, the ones that don't cut mustard will be weeded out.
Oh. You come off incredibly sexist. Are you a troll?