Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 328

allowi.g women to fight in combat?

:iconttfnjinx:
TTFNJinx Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Interface Designer
I'm a girl and I'm not against women being seen as strong independent people I'm all for that. Heck I'm waiting for a female president! But allow women to fight as a marine in combat!? It doesn't matter how hard she trains a grlirl cannot carry a wounded man nor can most girls put up with the horrors of war. Also there's sexual harrassment and well think how emotional girls can get. When I'm emotional I'm irrational don't give hormonal girls a machine gun.
Also men can you picture fighting and suddenly the girl gets shot in the head?

Anyways this was a class discussion today but we didn't fi ish. So how do you people feel about this should women be allowed to fight in combat??

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist
Then your government should probably rethink about how it trains soldiers. As far as I know, there is no special treatment given to anyone in bootcamp.

Don't think that just because they are women, if they're trained as soldiers they're still different from men. No. If they're trained the same way and if they passed the same tests then it's only logical that they are qualified to be on the battle field.

They wouldn't be deployed if they weren't.

Also, it's their choice to fight. The right to defend their country shouldn't be hindered because of a protectionist attitude.
:iconmomoe:
momoe Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Actually, allowing women to take on combat roles is just a formalization of what's already happening. Except that instead of women being unarmed when the shooting begins, they can have something to defend themselves and their fellow soldiers with.

The horror of the current war the US is embroiled in is that there are no real front lines, and skirmishes can happen even in so-called safe zones. Women, who are already deployed in conflict zones often find themselves in the middle of a fight. The only remedy to keep women out of combat roles would be to remove women from the military altogether.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Fighting in combat should be banned for both men and women.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
There's plenty of women who could carry their male partners in combat, and there are also plenty who can put up with emotional scarring. Women actually have a higher tolerance for pain than men have, and I suspect their mental ability is no different.

Sexual harassment...well, you sadly have a point.
:iconsilenttrain:
SilentTrain Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Personally, I believe you're generalizing women as blubbering cowards. I would like to remind you that not all women act like thirteen and fourteen year old children.

In fact, I believe that most adult women can become just as strong as any man, physically and mentally. In this day and age, I have trouble believing that anybody could generalize women so much in just a few sentences. Perhaps I think too much of people.

Any-who, back to my original point. Did you know that on a factual percentage gay women are usually the best at what they choose to do in the armed forces?
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Women should be able to fight on the front lines. They end up as the same pound of flesh when they are killed anyway, i see no difference.
:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
One note regarding the extensive participation by Soviet women during the Soviet-German War (1941 - 1945). The Soviet authority mobilized millions of women, not because they had egalitarianism in mind, but because they were desperate. This becomes apparent once the horrendous Soviet casualties are taken into account. They lost an equivalent of their entire pre-war army within the first half year of the war. By 1944, most of their rifle divisions mustered only about 2000 men (equivalent to a weak regiment). Once the war was over, the number of women in combat branches shrank to insignificance, even though women combatants proved their worth many times over, and those who remained in uniform were mostly confined to support branches like signals and medicine.
:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
There have been women in combat roles since forever, but it's like orgasms, men are just finding out about it.
I'm a little iffy about the draft. Women are really important.
:icondefinedeviancydown:
DefineDeviancyDown Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree with all the women here who call the old policy banning females from combat sexist. They now have been given a reason to join the military and to put in for combat duty.
:iconsonrouge:
sonrouge Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
[link]

It never takes long.
Add a Comment: